Club PoA styled activity

Pelinor

Why not have a PoA styled activity for Club members? The PoA could be styled in tiers with Energy, combat, XP, and money rewards based on how active the club members are in the club with the top prize being a minor reward in kobans.

Edited by Pelinor
I forgot to add tags to the topic *sigh*
  • Like 2

Notice please that I am not attempting to change game dynamics, so I chose very modest rewards and not orbs or girls. If you have any ideas on other rewards which would be more appropriate to this "something to do" inside the club suggestion, I would love to hear them.

Edited by Pelinor
finished my thought

It's a great idea to implement more interactions between club members. I'm all for that.

I would be happy if the end result achieved in more discussions and tactics in the club chat. Like whose turn it is to do what and how etc.

You could also randomly divide the club into groups so everything doesn't hinge on 1 particular person. Like event tasks for group A -> Then event tasks for Group B -> Then event  tasks for group C, etc.

• Like 1

I agree with everything Fiel said: in my limited experience, club interaction is variable, and anything that encourages it is a Good Thing.  

Off the cuff, I think that club/team/guild dynamics could be lifted from other games: time-limited club challenges that require a bit of planning and resource/activity contribution would be fun.  Think our current event format: do X of something as a club, micro-reward to top performance tiers and group reward to contributors once complete, on to the next one, with the full quest line really only being practically achievable if the majority of the club works on it.  Rewards scale with the amount of opportunity cost or difficulty for even a group to achieve.

If that's too linear, another format might be a time-limited adventure map that has multiple paths to the end and multiple nodes along the path.  Each path has different costs, requiring planning to get through the map smoothly and in a timely fashion.  No rewards for node completion, just a group reward for completing the map, but each node gives contest ranking points.  Map completion unlocks the next, harder (more resource/activity intensive) map, again requiring someone who has an understanding of the club's capabilities to make a path selection and to coordinate members' efforts.  Clubs could also decide to play the ranking: i.e. "Map 3 requires way more resources and/or effort than we want to bother with, so let's do the main path for maps 1 and 2 and then fill in nodes for points."  Global ranking and club rewards could be done on a cohort system similar to that of ToF or the daily contests (50 clubs per cohort) or we could take off the guard rails and have it be truly global.

The obvious no-brainer group rewards could focus on upgrades, but that would leave maxed clubs in the cold... and those clubs have virtually zero reason to interact as it is.  Since the no-brainer reward is essentially polarizing, half a level toward XP gain or whatever could be substituted for something similarly valuable that would get players interacting and planning out of enlightened self interest if their club is maxed.  There could be club adventure-only reward girls.  All kinds of options.

Something like what Pelinor is suggesting wouldn't be disruptive of game balance as long as rewards scale with cost and/or group participation.  However, the impact on club membership and recruiting could be quite dramatic, especially if the global rewards are pretty juicy.  Active players would now seek active clubs.  Club adventure performance becomes a recruiting tool and maybe it dislodges some campers from maxed clubs.  It would probably lead to a consolidation of players into fewer clubs. 

While I mentioned potential prizes for the individual club members, there could also be something for the club if enough players completed the PoA. Again, I don't want to mess with the game mechanics, but seeing a club with something besides the current default background could be a prize that shows potential members that this group works together.

• Like 1