POA as a Brand-New Player?

Grnson

Honestly, the only big hurdle I see is pvp. If it was pvp fights performed, no problem. But how do I guarantee enough beatable targets unless I am at the very bottom (where abandoned defenseless wimps topple over just from being looked at) or the very top (where there is no longer risk of being matched with 100% players way above my power level)?

26 minutes ago, Grnson said:

Honestly, the only big hurdle I see is pvp.

Alright, buddy. You were getting way off topic in the POA thread, so I've moved this to your very own topic in the appropriate section. Don't derail other threads with your " just getting started" questions from now on.

As a new player in pretty much any modern online game, you've got to somewhat expect not being able to complete all the content right away. 30 champion performances might be doable if you set up a poor team intentionally to maximize the number of times it will take to defeat it.

Good luck in the game, and by next month, you'll likely have a couple unlocked.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grnson said:

Honestly, the only big hurdle I see is pvp. If it was pvp fights performed, no problem. But how do I guarantee enough beatable targets unless I am at the very bottom (where abandoned defenseless wimps topple over just from being looked at) or the very top (where there is no longer risk of being matched with 100% players way above my power level)?

Sorry, when I was giving you PvP advice, I didn't realize you just started this week.  You shouldn't seriously chase after events for the first month or two.  Leagues are a big source of XP, so be sure to spend your condoms but don't expect to win much.  Certainly, don't waste resources on boosters yet.  You won't get much return on them for a while.

Edited by Waifulord Sam
  • Thanks 1

Having started 4 days before the previous PoA, here's what I can say about my experience.

I don't think it is doable as a free player *on a new account* (edited).

I put a bit of money (10€ or so to get a starting pack and the silver card) in the game to get a good start. That allowed me, among other little things, to unlock the koban path, making the event much more accessible. The additionnal rewards were a great help each time for the next step. I finished with slightly less than 2 days left.

Daily contests are also a great source of resources for the PoA, especially the Combativity points.

I did manage to unlock access to the champions and started to attack them. I was worried it would not work out but I read here the advice about putting very bad items and setting the girls out of the favored positions. Although it was long waiting 15 minutes between each fight, crippling myself was enough to avoid the 24 hours downtime until I had finished the corresponding PoA step.

That said, I'm not sure the same is feasible with this PoA. some numbers have increased and a few rewards seem out of sync with the next step.

Edition :

About the Tower and the Leagues : getting quickly to W2 hurts a lot.

Try not to do better than 16th for some time, in order to have more beatable opponents. It's one thing that's hard on starting players. You try to rush because it gives Xp and end up in a bad position for at least a week. And getting back to W1 means a week without Tower fights, not compatible with PoA.

I just remembered something : the bit I paid wasn't enough to get the kobans for the paid path. I also did explore the "Sex friends" page (available in game through the menu) to get the kobans I lacked. It's up to you to see if you want to go that route or not.

Edited by Gartalgar
Clarity

Well ... this ended up being a little quicker than I thought.

Thanks for the tips about nerfing my team for champions (tanked my 1-ticket score from 150k to 30k). That saved many days, obviously.

I also got my stats higher a lot faster than expected (even after I noticed I picked the wrong-statted redhead for alpha): either I grind very hard, or (more likely) there are still many dead accounts around me, just waiting to be sniped. Got 15 more easy wins in tower and the rest in season.

I also decided to unlock the second path (kb mostly from bonus codes). +1 more girl, and I think the other rewards are a nice kickstart for such a newish player.

I see myself finishing the 80 villains task, and then stop. That many pvp wins is so far out of reach for now, it doesn't even bother me.

On 12/25/2020 at 8:25 AM, Gartalgar said:

Having started 4 days before the previous PoA, here's what I can say about my experience.

I don't think it is doable as a free player.

I'm going to tell you that is is absolutely possible to finish PoA as a free player, but you need to have an existing stock of some things. Notably tickets, items to sell, and some unclaimed energy from missions. I've finished every PoA, and have spent no money on the game.

What's hard to do is finish it as a NEW player, whether you spend or not.

• Like 1

Better focus on expanding your harem by completing the story mode and beating the Villains, and do the Champion performances 'coz other than that 1 super Mythic (Bunna) that came out last month : the 3 Girls from the Champions have arguably the best stats in the game (Any, Murane and Shtupra) and they're available for all.

More girls in your harem = more money generated per day = more money to spend on the market to buy Exp Books and Gifts to power-up your harem.

Also : make full use of the Calendar on the Announcements. Strategize and use your resources wisely : tickets, orbs, money. kobans. If you don't have an abundance of these : then check the Calendar which events you'd want to unload your resources on because you cant win them all (unless you pay real cash to win as everyone else is highlighting).

And check out the forum for contests, surveys, etc. for free Kobans.

I've been playing the game for more than 2 years now and I'm a free player. It is doable but it is gonna be really hard. I'm currently level 348 with 231 girls.

Edited by Fappuccino

Le 27/12/2020 à 02:15, Zteev a dit :

I'm going to tell you that is is absolutely possible to finish PoA as a free player, but you need to have an existing stock of some things. Notably tickets, items to sell, and some unclaimed energy from missions. I've finished every PoA, and have spent no money on the game.

What's hard to do is finish it as a NEW player, whether you spend or not.

Yeah, I meant as a new free player. I will edit for clarity.

I finished this PoA with only the free path (with 4 hours left) on the account created on Nutaku at the same time than my account on Hentai Heroes (so 1 month old at PoA start).

• Like 1