Notification of game updates is needed

Zteev

Once gain the game is down for an update with no warning. There really needs to be some notification regarding the game shutting down - this is the only online game I've ever played that just shuts down for a planned issue with no real schedule or notice.

Also there is no information in the forum that I've found, which of course is an issue when you click a link and get directed to the general forum link, not a specific post. I even tried teh link in French, figuring that since French is the advantaged language of the game, it may have had a direct link to a relevant post.

Text of in-game pop-up below:

Big update of the game. Will be back online soon!

Grosse update du jeu. On revient en ligne bientôt!

Find more information about this maintenance on our Forum.

Trouvez plus d'information à propos de cette maintenance sur notre Forum.

Edited by Zteev
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

This sudden update is made even more painful coming with less than 4 hours (3.25 as I write this) remaining in the current event.  There are still activities (and event girls!) left for me and probably others.  With no warning as to the server downtime, nor any indication of when it should come back online, it makes it doubly impossible to plan for the rest of the event.

Please extend the timer on the event and in the future an in-game notification of some sort regarding "scheduled maintenance" would be greatly appreciated!

Local time is 1:45 am... do I go to sleep, setting my alarm for a couple of hours from now, hoping the server's back online and that I still have time to do everything I'd been planning before the event ends or make a pot of coffee & keep clicking refresh on my browser?  Decisions, decisions. 😠

2 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

It happens every Wednesday, I remember some patch notes mentioning it.

I recall that too, just not the specific timing.  I suppose I've never been up this late on a maintenance night at the end of an unfinished (for me) event.  I guess I always thought it happened at or after reset, not before.

Thanks for the reminder.  I'll get that pot of coffee brewing.

14 minutes ago, Hastur said:

I recall that too, just not the specific timing.  I suppose I've never been up this late on a maintenance night at the end of an unfinished (for me) event.  I guess I always thought it happened at or after reset, not before.

Thanks for the reminder.  I'll get that pot of coffee brewing.

It usually happens more or less at this time of the day (it's 10am for me right now). But you never have an exact time and, most important, no idea when it will be up again, every week is different.

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't expect the update to end before 7:00am my time (currently 4:19am). They're probably implementing the new club champion they've been running on the test server. But having the updates in the the undetermined last hours of an event is very inconvenient for us procrastinator. We should probably properly launch a complaint. Tomorrow. But I can see how it would be cleaner to dump the event's extra data while simultaneously implementing a new change. I just wish it started on the Dawn of a New Day instead of while the clock is running down on the Final Day. Especially since you can't make any progress on the new daily point collection quest for the first half hour.

Edited by thereferenceguy