When to Spend Kobans?

YPC

I've been playing regularly now for about 2 months so I still have a lot to learn, but I'm getting the hang of things. The main area I struggle is when to use the resources I have. The regenerating items (combativity, energy, kisses, and condoms?) are easy. I use them so I'm always generating some and try to have a full stock to finish off a contest or start a new one. Beyond that I'm kind of lost. This most recent Legendary Contest really pointed that out to me. I'm a hoarder by nature, but I realize these things need to be spent at the right times.

I'll probably ask question about other resources in the near future, but right now I want to focus on kobans. When I started, it seemed like kobans were a rare, precious resource that should only be used in extreme circumstances. I'm mostly F2P (I think I'm going to be a regular for Season Pass) so really only earn kobans. January's PoA (with the wrestlers) was my first one. 7200 kobans for the extra rewards was almost everything I had saved up, and that included all the codes sent out around the holidays. Now I feel more comfortable that there will always be a small stream of kobans coming in, but I don't know how many I should keep in reserve or what I should spend them on.

Should I just keep them for PoA events? Should I play a bunch of pachinko? Refresh timers? Donate them all to the great Carnal Knights? What strategies do you guys have?

Hi @YPC,

I'm not a good source for info when it comes to kobans because my focus is to get Carnal Knights maxed out. With that said, I have found I am most comfortable when I have enough kobans to have options on what to do. I think a good cushion is about the 5-8 thousand range but I am seldom in that zone because of my club commitment.

I agree with the poster above that feels nice to have a cushion of around 15k kobans "just in case" there's something you want to get. Around 15k seems to be the limit when it comes to content (Mythic girls).

I suggest spending on long term goals (Places of Power or PoA because the cost to gain ratio is rather high) and omitting topping up of any kind (unless you, like me, like collecting girls and want to burn through some kobans at the end of an event).

This game is characterised for me by 2 things - it's generous for F2Players because there's nothing we can't achieve (outside of a good D3 placement or Mythic girls) and it requires patience.

If you have patience then you'll finally get what you want.

I noticed that at level 338 I can safely stay in top 30 of D1 every week even missing some fights. Was only able to stay in top 60 of D2, so I dropped.

That gives me 4k kobans monthly alone - and I have the least expensive card, so I get another 30x60 a month. This, together with the daily 150 means that I can safely get PoA every month and still gain a little.

TLDR: You're on the right track when it comes to spending (Spend on permanent benefits not short term ones like Combativity or Energy refills).

• Like 1