Club Champions (player discoveries)

Pelinor

With the second Club Champion, Carnal Knights players have made some significant discoveries relating to how the CC works and what we, as a club are capable of doing. In the posts following I'll be sharing insights discovered during the course of play by all members of the club who are active in the clubs chatroom. I hope others will also share their observations and that we can come to a consensus on how to proceed so this feature becomes a nice feature for us instead of the stress burden it started out as (and will continue to be for at least one more CC).

• Like 1

First is our background. Carnal Knights is a very active mid-level club with a current ranking of 434 out of 4,701 clubs (our player levels range from 194-390) and our CC runs range from 70-80% in member participation. Plus, roughly 70% of the participating players continue to support the defeat of the CC even after they get the girl.

Todate, we have had zero loses against the CC when I am playing and my standing promise is "no wasted tickets" when I am present.

Edited by Pelinor

After several CC starts we discovered the CC will begin if his cooldown timer has expired and anyone in the club even looks at him (note: this was fixed by KK one week after this post was made. Now we have to engage the CC to start the timer)! So if you want information about a upcoming battle you must look at him while the cooldown timer is active.

Here is the info you will see onscreen when you look (taken during this CC cooldown period)

image.png.8330aeb566d23fcee977ee3170f50fb6.png

The most important information showing is the girls "sex positions." In this case we have discovered Ezekiel's girl is the 69 position and that position is not present. Since a "match" in the sex position always results in double damage on the CC's side it is very good to see the next combat has no matches for the CC. In short, this next fight will be as easy as it can be for the club overall.

Our current club policy is to not engage if the CC has three or more matches on his side. We've beaten him with three position matches but the cost in player resources was astronomical when compared to a zero position match.

Edited by Pelinor
new info added
  • Like 1

Ezekiel is a "charm" champion so as a player we want to match as many of the charm sex positions with the strongest girls we have in our harem that have that as their favorite position. In other words, given a choice between two girls, always pick the one with the higher number. The Charm effect, from the players side is known as "narcissism" and reduces the CC's damage by a players "reassurance" number for two rounds. If you have a high power KH girl you can try placing her between two CH girls to try and recover a little bit from the devastation caused by the CC's attack.

The goal of each player is to make the CC work for his win, stretching out the combat as long as possible.

Edited by Pelinor

COMMENT:  The CC is a player resource hog and requires a severe commitment to defeat him by more than one player (for Carnal Knights we have no less than 10 players dedicated to this cause and another 14 who contribute as they can). As the feature is currently configured we find this dedication takes away from our individual advancement in the game. Kobans are being used to make the multiple attacks which must occur to defeat him. Tickets are being used on the CC long after some have gotten the only real reward (the girl) instead of being used on the regular champions.

With 15 CC appearances per month even the stongest members of our club are saying this pace is not a sustainable effort no matter what the awards are in the end.

Edited by Pelinor

We can beat the CC 10-12 times per month but it is exhausting and ceases to be fun after the 7th or 8th engagement.

As the club's leader I have suggested that players do not engage the CC when I am working double shifts for my mundane job (Thursday-Saturday) and use this time to recover some of their resources. This cuts the number of engagements from 15 down to 10.

I'm looking at the idea of only engaging the CC during PoA, LC, and Eternal Rivalry events/contests. This gives us only 4-6 engagements per month, rewards participants with the prizes associated with those events and still makes it possible for 5-7 players to obtain the girl the first time a CC darkens our doors. This idea is a no-brainer if we find the same girls being recycled in a four month time frame.