Club Organization & Notes

Pelinor

OWNERS SCHEDULE:

Most of you know it by now, but for the record, I am a medical dispatcher with a rather brutal work schedule.

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday I work a double shift which means for all practical I am not available for ingame activities on those days.

Edited by Pelinor
  • Like 1

• Pelinor changed the title to Club Organization & Notes

CLUB CHAMPIONS

We have a general policy of engaging the club champion when there are no "sex position" matches anytime we want to.

On the third day of a "Legendary Contest" there is a component where players have to engage in champion fights anyway so if the club champion is available and has a single match we can engage him on that day (twice the bang for each ticket).

There is one "Daily Contest" where players have the choice to perform champion fights for points in the contest. We can engage the club champion if he has a single match during these contests because all players stand to gain rewards from the daily and from the club champion.

If I am present we can choose to engage the club champion provided he doesn't have three or more matches. We have won some of these "three match" battles but the cost in member resources is way to high most of the time.

Last thoughts, the above are general guidelines and gives us the best shot at using our club resources wisely. Obviously, a two match battle will cost us, but if it happens with one or more in-game activities giving rewards at the same time most players can feel okay about engaging the club champion.

I will try to remember to post a pinned chat note to indicate if the club is engaging the club champion on any "sex position" match days.

Edited by Pelinor

and just to define "matches" for those who are new or don't know, a "match" is a sex position that the CC girl is attuned to.  So if you have a "match" to the CC girl's sex position and a position in your harem group for the fight....the fight will drain much more of your ego, thus shortening the number of rounds you can fight using that tix. Usually one match will not be detrimental to your overall fight, but two matches can be devastating. For example, if your are hitting the CC champion without a match and are doing 500K worth of damage for one tix, then a one match fight would decrease that damage to approx 400K.  Consequently, a two match fight might decrease that damage to 200K.......Just ask if you have problems......

@Maximus79, You can see the pre-match lineup underneath the CC's icon while he is regenerating and then hover over the girl to see her favorite position.

@Pelinor, I propose a 0-match or 1-match damage cap. We had a 1-match CC today and sunk him in ~1.5 hrs. Players came on later and realized that they'd missed a CC.  We were without much of our main strength but whacked him in record time.  Our 3-match no-hit policy is designed to preserve tickets for all, but especially the not-so-strong players, so that we have gas left at the end of the month.  Conversely, I believe that reducing the impression done by stronger players during easy CC's gives an opportunity for players who are struggling to hit for decent range to do so cheaply.

Let's consider a 10m impression initial cap for those CC's.  It's enough to place with a reasonable range, and in the aggregate, a reasonable percentage of overall impression when we consider the number of people in our club who can achieve that with 2 or 3 tickets.  After that, those players cool down for a few hours so that players who are away can log in and hit, and so that players who are feeling froggy can hit for range.

We are confronted by dual tensions WRT CC's.  One is ticket scarcity, which our 3-match rule addresses.  The other is that the act of helping by downing CCs reduces the shard range for players who struggle.  I believe that a damage cap would address that tension.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SoggyShorts said:

Let's consider a 10m impression initial cap for those CC's.  It's enough to place with a reasonable range, and in the aggregate, a reasonable percentage of overall impression when we consider the number of people in our club who can achieve that with 2 or 3 tickets.  After that, those players cool down for a few hours so that players who are away can log in and hit, and so that players who are feeling froggy can hit for range.

Uh, I like the idea of suggesting an initial ticket limit (I do that myself), but the last CC I could play against I did 12.466m with one ticket! A 10m initial limit would say I never play and I want to get the girl like everyone else. 😀 Let me think about this one a bit.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pelinor said:

Uh, I like the idea of suggesting an initial ticket limit (I do that myself), but the last CC I could play against I did 12.466m with one ticket! A 10m initial limit would say I never play and I want to get the girl like everyone else. 😀 Let me think about this one a bit.

Well, you know what I mean... ~10m initial damage limit, or as close as you overachiever types can get. 😉

• Haha 1

After considering the way Chayotte has been defeated by our club I am imposing a one challenge per hour limit on myself. This gives more players a chance to join in on the fun and still allows me to play. There is only one other player in my class when it comes to consistent damage above 5m impressions on a single match so this self-imposed limit should help string along Chay long enough for the majority of the club to play.

Regarding Chayotte,

As a visiting duelist (Club Champion) Chay is 100 million impressions weaker than the first two champions which equates to a sex position match. At the same time we have been growing in strength as a club and are now a top 6% club (we were a top 10% club when figthing Chad). Taken together I believe we can take out Chay when he has a 3 sex position match for less cost in resources than what we used for Ezekiel (the 2nd CC) when he was a 2-postion match. 

Edited by Pelinor

Regarding CC resets

I don't have a lot when it comes to kobans, so if I do the CC reset it will be when the reset cost is below 150 (the daily prize reward). This applies to any CC reset, even if it means I don't get the girl at the end of the month.

Edited by Pelinor

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a thought about how we do the CC.  Generally, we have two cohorts in the club: >1m impression hitters and <1m impression hitters.  Those cohorts manifest as clusters of range and impression.  It's perfectly normal for things to fall out this way, and I'm wondering if this couldn't be tweaked.

CC is veiled-competitive, yes, but we mostly manage to play it cooperatively anyway.  It would make sense for the <1m cohort to hit above the >1m cohort early in the month, while the CC is easiest, and finish before the CC gets hard.  Contrast that with how things have shaken out: currently, while the CC is the highest level it's going to get, members of the <1m cohort are having to fight for range.

The blocking issue to us making changes is the very situation we face.  Folks are emptying their ticket stashes to finish up.  Tomorrow, those stashes will be near-empty precisely when it would be of greatest benefit to have a sizable pile.

Just ruminating for now, but we should ponder how to break this cycle.

I play to finish off the CC so no ones tickets are wasted on a failed attempt to defeat him. Since I have the three initial CC girls I begin with 1-5 tickets then I stop for a few hours to see who is pushing for the win. If I know someone doesn't have the girl and they are pushing then my aim is to stay below their impression level for as long as possible.

Now, if the CC is still kicking with less than 6 hours to go, then I push to reach a point where I know the CC will lose (that can be up to 100 tickets in the case of a 3-match). My goal with the CC is not to finish as the one with the most impressions but to assure victory over the CC. Sometimes there isn't a choice and it falls on me to kick him out of the bed, but I feel much happier when I can hang back because the <1m members have things under control.

The next time we go after Chad I will take a screen shot of who is participating. If I don't see a club contribution AND I think you have not been contributing to the club over the last couple of months you will be removed from the member roll. This is not a threat, it is enforcing the rules agreed on when you joined the club.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Club member titles (a fun descriptive):

Squire = players up to level 314

Knight Bachelor = players level 315-384

Knight = players level 385+

Knight Commander: Assigned to speak for the club owner when I am away. Currently Soggyshorts (lvl 359) and Matt (lvl 349) hold this position.

Knight Banneret = Club owner

Edited by Pelinor