Battling the Club Champion

Pelinor

We have learned alot while battling the Club Champions. For example, we do not want to engage a Club Champion with 3+ matches unless there are mitigating circumstances (such as it being the last round of the month and we have club members with a legitimant chance to get the girl).

We really don't want to battle the CC when he has 2+ matches unless members with the girl can get something besides the affection item reward. For instance, if there is a daily and/or event giving rewards for fighting Champions in general then it is more fun and more reasonable for players who have the girl to assist in the CC's defeat.

For players with the girl

Instead of a "impression total" guideline I feel it is better to treat the CC as a regular Sex Champion when making ticket commitments to the CC's defeat.

I am thinking specifically of this:

Matsuda (Beyond Garden) 0 matches

Ryu (Elite University) 1 match

Visor (Visor's Home) 2 matches

as a reasonable guideline of participation for those who have the girl.

Example: if the CC has zero matches and it takes you 20 tickets to defeat Matsuda then go ahead and commit 20 tickets to beating the CC.

Example: if the CC has 1-match and it takes you 30 tickets to defeat Ryu then go ahead and commit 30 tickets to defeating the CC.

Example: if the CC has 2-matches and it takes you 45 tickets to defeat Visor then go ahead and commit 45 tickets to defeating the CC.

Nobody in the club likes Alban (Sky Harbor)! The effort required to defeat him is far from reasonable given the rewards provided. Most of us do not battle him after we have gotten the girl unless there is a daily or event contest to make the effort more palatable. He is the guideline for 3+ matches, if it takes you 60 tickets to defeat him and we are commited to fighting a CC with 3+matches then commit another 60 tickets towars defeating the CC.

For players without the girl

Please try to make a commitment equal to what it takes you to defeat Romero (Morning Wood House) as a minimum.

Comments:

As the club owner, I am very easy going and very commited to helping all club members. My mindset when it comes to the CC is "whatever it takes to beat him" which is why you will see me make 50-100 ticket commitments to the cause. I do not think a single ticket commitment is being fair to the other club members. Please try to commit to a minimum of 5 or 6 tickets no matter what your situation is. 

Thes guidelines are guidelines in every sense of the word. If you, as a player, are is a bad ticket-stash situation don't feel trapped into trying to do the impossible. Please use the Club Chat to let us know. That way the players in a ticket-rich situation can help take up the slack and everyone is happy.

From Zori:  It is not a matter of tix most of the time, it's kobans needed to invest the amount of tix required to do 20-40 tix in the amount of time I spend playing the game. Since I have the girls now, I try and drop 10 tix every fight. Real world will always come 1st before the game.

Edited by Tangle
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tangle said:

From Zori:  It is not a matter of tix most of the time, it's kobans needed to invest the amount of tix required to do 20-40 tix in the amount of time I spend playing the game. Since I have the girls now, I try and drop 10 tix every fight. Real world will always come 1st before the game.

Thank you Zori. This is exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for. I completely agree with the real world coming first which is why you don't see me much on my double-shift work days. 😺

1 minute ago, Tangle said:

One other thing that needs to be addressed, is the "accidental" "peeking" at the CC and consequently starting the CC when it's a 2+ match fight, drawing us into a tix draining fight. Do we need designated CC fight starters and posting the CC matches so no one "peeks" at CC????

Well, I do spend more than 20 tickets in Visor or Alban, more like 40…but I do it in 2 or more days since I rarely use kobans for champions. For CC is just one day, I don't mind using a ticket anytime I have the chance, but between work and other activities that leave me with something between 20-30 tickets no matter the difficulty and the use of kobans is reserved as a last minute measure.

Edited by Starkos
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Starkos said:

Well, I do spend more than 20 tickets in Visor or Alban, more like 40…but I do it in 2 or more days since I rarely use kobans for champions. For CC is just one day, I don't mind using a ticket anytime I have the chance, but between work and other activities that leave me with something between 20-30 tickets no matter the difficulty and the use of kobans is reserved as a last minute measure.

Excellent example Starkos. In your current gaming situation it would be a heroic effort to try and do 40 tickets on a CC. From what I can see, you do make a reasonable effort to help the club, with an average of roughly 15 tickets per battle, and that is what counts. 😺

If it's a tough fight, the CC tends to stay up longer.  I never spend kobans on the CC because I think it's absurd that the plat perk doesn't apply to the CC.  That makes me a poor closer, but it also limits the ticket burn on the CC, so I'm generally a net gain when I burn 30 mil impressions' worth.  It's kind of self-limiting, and it works out.

I avoid the two last sex champs for now.  The lack of burn rate on the CC is more than compensated by the horrific burn rate on those two.  It's how I self-manage my tix inventory.  If I'm glutted with tix toward the end of the month, I bump Visor and/or Alban for a contest.

The upside of how I do this is that I am able to do more than my share on the tougher fights because I have the time to hit.  That's precisely when people who can do reasonable impression on a multi-match CC have to shoulder more of the burden, so I'm pretty good with the system I have in place.

Players who have the girl

I would say 10 tix should be the minimum for players who have the girl as that should be easy to do while doing the dailies.

I don't like using champions for a gauge as that has too many variables, a straight target by CC level would seem to be a fairer idea.

Players who aren't interested

1 ticket per fight

I blew hot and cold on it, but did at least 1 ticket for most of the fights. Partly because the early levels were being knocked out too quickly meaning I missed some to the easiest fights, hopefully this will be less of a problem in the future as the heavier hitters are being more restrained.

Start Time

If you are going to think about the when to start the champ I would suggest as Europe/Asia are the weakest the end time is such that it is a convenient time for the Americas. I had to finish the champ one time as no one else seemed to be hitting it (late morning Europe), luckily 10ish hits was enough so it wasn't too expensive. 

CC Matches

Put the fight/no fight criterion in the spreadsheet so the is no debate about what happens. Revise it as need be towards the end of the month. I started hitting in the last contest as I expected the 2 match to be a go.  I was using the app for part of the time and  it was a while before I saw the debate.

Challenging the champion

The champion needs to be challenged to start the timer so I don't see much point in having designated challengers. As long as the CC rules are clear players wasting tickets on fights is down to them.

Player ejections

Is it worth keeping below average level players if there are vacancies to lower the Champions level even if they are not contributing? Current average is around 310 so below that they only get booted when the club is full. Above average get booted as now.

Rules/Guidelines

Put them in one place so they are  easily accessible eg the spreadsheet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 10:20 AM, Pelinor said:

We really don't want to battle the CC when he has 2+ matches unless members with the girl can get something besides the affection item reward. For instance, if there is a daily and/or event giving rewards for fighting Champions in general then it is more fun and more reasonable for players who have the girl to assist in the CC's defeat.

I'll add this. I'll commit 10 tickets in support for each member who does NOT have the girl and who makes a 30+ ticket effort to gain shards. If three or more members who do not have the girl make at least a 25 ticket commitment I will do what I must to help assure the CC's defeat.

Edited by Pelinor

On 5/18/2021 at 8:31 AM, Omnimundo2 said:

Rules/Guidelines

Put them in one place so they are  easily accessible eg the spreadsheet.

While not a club rule, I have put my own commitment on the spreadsheet. I know my commitment is more generous than what we have for the club. As the club owner I feel my bar needs to be higher than what I ask of the rest of the club.

• 2 weeks later...

I pulled some numbers from our June 15th battle with Ezekiel. This chart shows the raw data.

Name Level Challenges Impressions Displayed Impressions Actual Average per Ticket

Arizan 346 10 4.74 m 4,734,335 473,433.50
BigPeteNasty 324 48 21.5 m 21,418,768 446,224.33
DaddyNasty 338 12 6.80 m 6,794,603 566,216.92
Dark 446 9 4.89 m 4,887,331 543,036.78
Jetti 297 4 1.44 m 1,437,890 359,472.50
Jumin 280 27 6.27 m 6,264,285 232,010.56
Kinezu-Sama 262 18 3.77 m 3,764,998 209,166.56
Lazarus 320 43 22.9 m 22,839,207 531,144.35
lero ro 307 1 310 k 309,967 309,967.00
Matt 341 1 425 k 424,429 424,429.00
Maximus 403 30 23.3 m 23,224,136 774,137.87
Muttley 253 1 165 k 164,398 164,398.00
Nate 318 17 7.38 m 7,374,045 433,767.35
omnimundo 299 83 40.4 m 40,354,852 486,203.04
Pelinor 402 150 180 m 179,931,027 1,199,540.18
Peter 314 9 4.59 m 4,582,940 509,215.56
Rylarth 387 48 48.3 m 48,259,744 1,005,411.33
Sam 246 20 1.34 m 1,335,175 66,758.75
SoggyShorts 349 56 40.3 m 40,269,746 719,102.61
Starkos 352 25 17.8 m 17,709,437 708,377.48
The GUS 380 44 31.0 m 30,932,327 703,007.43
Winter 254 3 344 k 343,916 114,638.67
Wombled 323 34 6.91 m 6,906,968 203,146.12
YPC 281 72 20.7 m 20,699,366 287,491.19
Zapp Brannigan 400 13 6.23 m 6,225,319 478,870.69
Zori 316 10 5.37 m 5,361,636 536,163.60

Four of the players with the girl went for our 30 million impression guideline (for those with the girl).

Three of the players with the girl went for our 30+ ticket guideline (for those with the girl).

Three players with the girl decided not to shoot for either of the two guidelines.

Comments made in the club chatroom reveal a universal disdain for the Club Champion feature. Participation by those with the girl is only to give those without the girl a chance at getting her since it is painfully obvious that our lower level players have no chance without the help of the "finishers." The current reward structure for "finishers" provides ZERO incentive to participate which leaves only our dedication to being the best club in the game as motivation to even play the CC feature.

Feel free to express your own observations about this latest round.

Edited by Pelinor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think that our morale has really taken a hit.  Our new strategy of letting the have-nots hit for range, no matter the time it takes, may improve things, but it's equally likely to tank the morale of people who need to devote 100+ tickets to getting a meaningful range.  And it's RANGE.  It could be 1 shard.  I'm nervous about the rest of the month and have done my best to winge less.  Several people are on the verge of rage-quitting and the hits just keep on coming with every release note.

I believe that we need to just get through this month.  Encourage the hoarding of dating tokens and essentially write this one off.  I think that with our new strategy, the best we can hope for is to down 3 more, but I persist in believing that it's the right strategy because that's only 2 more opportunities for the CC to level.  Newly joined members whose shards are in the single digits are essentially out of luck.  Not because we don't want to help, but because the game mechanics do not allow us to help them to finish.

Next month, next CC cycle, is a new opportunity.  We stay the (new) course.  Even though it violates our sense of fair play, of helping one another along, I believe that staying out of the way fits the feature as implemented.  The finisher reward is anemic because we're not supposed to do as much.  The shard range can be a shit sandwich, but we just create lots of progressively more pungent shit sandwiches for people who need shards by intervening.  Perhaps some big drops will put some wind back into people's sails.  I can't help but to think that if we play the feature as implemented, not the way we WISH it were implemented (since it's been live for 5 months with no changes that have brought it into congruency with our wishes), our morale will recover.

• 3 weeks later...

And here we are.  New month, new CC cycle.  The recent ...adjustment of the CC ...feature indicates to me that we are in fact supposed to play competitively:

Exhibit A: The shitty finisher reward, which doesn't get improved no matter how much we bitch about it.  We aren't SUPPOSED to help.

Exhibit B: The fixed shard range.  Before, we thought that we were helping the not-so-strong players by doing the heavy lifting.  Not so; we made the CC much tougher that way.  Now, casual hits remove shards from people who are aggressively seeking them.  I believe that we have ALWAYS been penalized for helping because we created a steeper and steeper hill to climb every time we cycled the CC.  Removing the RNG from the drop makes this far more obvious.

Exhibit C No free cooldown for platinum card holders.  This is another irritating aspect of the ...feature that makes COMPLETE sense when you change your perspective on the CC and see it as intra-club competitive: spend more kobans than your club mate and you are guaranteed to receive a larger shard drop.  The end.

We squished out first CC this morning, to the chagrin of latecomers.  A great deal of discussion ensued, along with some healthy speculation.  Off the cuff, it seems that the CC drops ~50 shards.  This, based on our personal drop rates.  For example, I did 8% impression and got 4 shards.  That 1 shard per 2% impression rate seems to hold generally true, so we can infer 50 shards for 100% impression.  By itself, this makes the idea of every club member getting the girl utterly Quixotic.  Even an extreme number of engagements, say 40, would only yield enough shards for 20 people to finish if the drop rate holds true.  40 engagements would be utterly unsustainable in koban cost and CC difficulty.  This assumption is being disproven by forum traffic as results come in.  The provisional drop calculation indicates 100 shards per CC.

However, we did agree that the soundest strategy at this point is to:

- Strengthen the little-help paradigm we used last month to no-help.  Since casual hits remove shards, once done, do nothing.  Do not hit.  REVERSE the little-help paradigm (see below).  Once done, hit ONCE.  Hitting will sandbag people who are chasing shards.

- >300's should stay off the first few CC's entirely while the not-as-strong players get theirs.  The theory is that they will finish on the easier CC's and thus will finish faster, with fewer promotions.  >300's should hit ONCE during the first few CC's because total participation is still part of the shard calculation.  We will then get ours.  We will do so on stronger CCs, but we are stronger and thus should end up consuming roughly the same number of tickets.

Given the possibility, even likelihood that we need a LOT of CCs to finish with this kind of ludicrous drop rate, there is a strong probability that this will blow up in our faces.  My own view on this is that I'm pushing 500 girls.  It is far less impactful to me NOT to get another 5* girl than it is beneficial for someone with a smaller harem to GET one.  The tweak demonstrates in cause-and-effect fashion that it is club-positive to do nothing, to stay the hell out of the way.  I am content to do so while we let this unfold and I enjoin the club's heavies to do likewise.

Edited by SoggyShorts

Now we are trying a new strategy when it comes to the CC. The strategy is a modified form of what we have tried over the past six months.

In the first month a new girl shows up players above level 314 (i.e. heavy hitters) should only hit for one ticket to increase the club's participation rate. As we understand things now, this also increases the number of shards available for distribution.

Also, in the first month of a new girl, players below level 315 should hit as much as they can reasonably afford to do so. During this time frame you face minimal competition from "heavy hitters" so your shard totals should be higher than it would be otherwise.

In the second month of a girl's appearance the "heavy hitters" are unleashed and can hit as often as they like to make up for lost ground. Players below level 315 who don't have the girl can continue hitting as often as they like. IF a player below level 315 managed to get the girl in the first month, please continue to hit for at least one ticket to keep our participation (and shard) count up.

Exception: in the final round before a new CC shows up it is a free-for-all with the only goal being to stomp the old CC into the ground as fast as possible.

If our new strategy works, this should allow well over half the club to obtain the girl in a two month cycle.

NOTE: Our level choice for this strategy is based on the PoP level chart.

Edited by Pelinor