new affection scenes, way more expensive due to wrong girls order

My girls' order has been totally mixed up for months. This was never a problem though, but now, with the new affection scenes, it is.
For some reason, instead of #3 and #4, for me, Red Battler and Ankyo are girls #5 and #12, respectively.
Which means, Ankyo's 4th star would cost me 1.62 millions, alone. At this point, I don't even want to know how much her 5th star would cost me.
This is just not fair.
First, I don't see why I should shell out triple the amount (if i did my maths right) of cash than other players, who don't have this issue, to get the same result.
Second, I don't see why I should pay for a "12th girl's affection star" if affection scenes 4 and 5 are only in the game for 4 girls in the first place.
Is there any way to fix this, please?
If I understand this right, Red Battler's stars would also cost me 66.7% more than usual (due to being #5 instead of #3, for me), so getting them both to 5 stars would cost me, in total, 11.030.000 credits more than any other player who does not have this issue!

I thought long about whether this should go to the feedback subforum instead, but i guess that the mixed up girls order was a bug in the first place.

(Just in case someone asks: no there are not any girls from epic pachinko in between. for example, for me , the fairy from world 7 is #4 for me. she's not even available in pachinko.)

Edit: I just remembered that originally the girls were not sorted by the order you received them but by the order programmers added them to the game (seemingly), so the girls were sorted by worlds no matter when you did make the bosses drop them, for example. The mix-up for my harem happened when this was changed.

Edited by Real Vincent
added exact number of extra credits required due to bug
  • Like 2

Ankyo costed 9.68M to upgrade her to 5th star but the amount she pays out now is 5670 so compared to her old 3 star level it's like adding 1-2 event girls since event girls normally just pay over 1000 it would be better for them to just keep it this way since a lot of people would want their money or kobans refunded if they lower the price now.

I never upgrade girls to 5 stars for increased money i see a lot of people complaining for that reason they will take a long time to pay it back the main point to upgrade to 5 stars is the fact affection level increases their stats just like increasing their level with experience does plus a new look and new affection scenes Ankyo gets a second girl added with purple her that i have not seen before i am hoping they add her as a new future girl to the game in the future.

I am happy that they added a 5 star know how girl so i am not going to complain but if they do decrease the price it would be nice to have a refund for the people that have paid since it's not fair that people get it at a lower price.

22 minutes ago, natstar said:

I am happy that they added a 5 star know how girl so i am not going to complain but if they do decrease the price it would be nice to have a refund for the people that have paid since it's not fair that people get it at a lower price.

It's no fair the upgrade without gift for the older players too, You know?

Edited by Mattress

18 minutes ago, Mattress said:

It's no fair the upgrade without gift for the older players too, You know?

When you use a gift the affection carries over to the next star level nothing unfair about it.you don't start at 0 every time you want to upgrade the star level you should have noticed that the first girls require less affection than new ones you get.

• Like 1

While I understand what you mean, it's more of a headache than a problem. Sure, you'll have to pay more for Red Battler and Ankyo's new afection scenes, but when the next batch of affections rolls out, you'll find yourself paying less than others for those upgrades. And if it's not in the next batch, it will be in another one.

By the way, I also have Red Battler as 5th, and Ankyo as 12th.

3 hours ago, Eman said:

While I understand what you mean, it's more of a headache than a problem. Sure, you'll have to pay more for Red Battler and Ankyo's new afection scenes, but when the next batch of affections rolls out, you'll find yourself paying less than others for those upgrades. And if it's not in the next batch, it will be in another one.

By the way, I also have Red Battler as 5th, and Ankyo as 12th.

You are right, but again, 11 million credits more to pay than people who actually have them displayed as 3 and 4.
It's absolutely true, that this will cancel each other out over the long run - the very very very long run - when all the girls "in between" get their 4th and 5th affection scene, respectively.
But see - I have played this game for approximately half a year now (barely missed easter event).
My girls, other as the previously mentioned, who are displayed above Ankyo, are:
#3 Agate, #4 Fairy, #6 Sheheramazond, #7 Kimie, #8 Arcana, #9 Jennie, #10 Rumiko, #11 Solveig.
This means, even if i'm extremely lucky and exactly those 8 girls are the next 8 to get more affection scenes, at the current pace i would have to wait for another 4-5 months til the costs "cancel each other out". Since this is an improbable scenario, it could also be a year or two. Which means, several times longer than I have already played.
I would not even mention the issue if it was the same for every player, but it isn't.
Scrounging up 11 million, even with 47 girls, would be a task of at least 2 weeks of constantly babysitting the account and spending credits for nothing else. Since I have a life, make that 3 weeks. And I feel disadvantaged in comparison to other players who can max their affection 3 weeks earlier, and improve the affection of other girls in that time.
Also, mainly I made this true because I would love to read some dev's comment on it. If they do something about it, nice. If they say "we're sorry but we can't fix it", still ok. But they shouldn't ignore the issue.

Btw I checked the XML on the harem page in the meantime, and it seems that the girls are internally numbered and all the girls acquired before the end of the travel event are ordered in the same way they are internally numbered, while those acquired afterwards are actually ordered in the way acquired (at least for me), even while this messes up the internal numbering at that point. If the game is capable of saving the order of the girls you acquired, and has no issues with the internal numbering messed up by this, then I see no reason why the game would not do the same thing for the girls acquired earlier. A dev's comment on this would interest me also from a purely professional viewpoint, as i am a software developer myself (not games, sadly, much more boring financial stuff usually) and did a lot of work on databases, and properly timestamping transactions. If there's actually a good reason for this issue, I might learn something from it.

47 minutes ago, Real Vincent said:

You are right, but again, 11 million credits more to pay than people who actually have them displayed as 3 and 4.
It's absolutely true, that this will cancel each other out over the long run - the very very very long run - when all the girls "in between" get their 4th and 5th affection scene, respectively.
But see - I have played this game for approximately half a year now (barely missed easter event).
My girls, other as the previously mentioned, who are displayed above Ankyo, are:
#3 Agate, #4 Fairy, #6 Sheheramazond, #7 Kimie, #8 Arcana, #9 Jennie, #10 Rumiko, #11 Solveig.
This means, even if i'm extremely lucky and exactly those 8 girls are the next 8 to get more affection scenes, at the current pace i would have to wait for another 4-5 months til the costs "cancel each other out". Since this is an improbable scenario, it could also be a year or two. Which means, several times longer than I have already played.
I would not even mention the issue if it was the same for every player, but it isn't.
Scrounging up 11 million, even with 47 girls, would be a task of at least 2 weeks of constantly babysitting the account and spending credits for nothing else. Since I have a life, make that 3 weeks. And I feel disadvantaged in comparison to other players who can max their affection 3 weeks earlier, and improve the affection of other girls in that time.
Also, mainly I made this true because I would love to read some dev's comment on it. If they do something about it, nice. If they say "we're sorry but we can't fix it", still ok. But they shouldn't ignore the issue.

Btw I checked the XML on the harem page in the meantime, and it seems that the girls are internally numbered and all the girls acquired before the end of the travel event are ordered in the same way they are internally numbered, while those acquired afterwards are actually ordered in the way acquired (at least for me), even while this messes up the internal numbering at that point. If the game is capable of saving the order of the girls you acquired, and has no issues with the internal numbering messed up by this, then I see no reason why the game would not do the same thing for the girls acquired earlier. A dev's comment on this would interest me also from a purely professional viewpoint, as i am a software developer myself (not games, sadly, much more boring financial stuff usually) and did a lot of work on databases, and properly timestamping transactions. If there's actually a good reason for this issue, I might learn something from it.

The order of the girls is something that also worries me. Before the update that changed how things work, they were ordered by world, and event girls ended up in between them. Now, the new ones get at the bottom, which is simpler, but I wouldn't say better.

This applies to everyone who joined before the change, so you're not alone with this "problem". I'll also have it when I get there, because I still have to get some girls to level 3 (I have 55 girls).

11 hours ago, Real Vincent said:

My girls' order has been totally mixed up for months. This was never a problem though, but now, with the new affection scenes, it is.
For some reason, instead of #3 and #4, for me, Red Battler and Ankyo are girls #5 and #12, respectively.
Which means, Ankyo's 4th star would cost me 1.62 millions, alone. At this point, I don't even want to know how much her 5th star would cost me.
This is just not fair.

I don't think the upgrade cost is related to order on the list, simply to the total number of girls you have?

the cost is absolutely independent of the total number of girls you have, it's only dependent about what the game thinks (sometimes wrongly, which was the reason for this thread in the first place) in which order you acquired them.
for example, bunny is the first girl for literally every player, so bunny's 4th star will cost the same for everyone no matter whether when you buy this when you have 10 girls or when you have 50.
generally star X will always cost the same thing for your Yth girl no matter who the girl on that position is and how many more you have.
For example, if you buy star 3 for your 15th girl, you will pay the same thing no matter whether this girl is Arcana or Gork or Abrael.

My Ankyo is 945k to get to 4th star and Red Battler is 540k

My order:

1 Bunny
2 Juilete
3 Agate
4 Red Battler
5 Sheheramazond
6 Arcana
7 Ankyo
8 Rumiko
9 Kimie
10 Solveig
11 Jennie
12 Sung Tai Ki
13 Justine
14 Miss. Spook
15 Regine
16 Noemy
17 Secretary Rabbi
18 Bonny
19 Abrael
20 Mala
21 Gork
22 Skytte
23 Maika
24 Marina
25 Samane
26 Liu-Yeng
27 Treasure
28 Kelina
29 Housemaid
30 Juliette (Halloween)
31 Shao

The thing that went wrong here, is that after the rebalance the devs didn't reorder the girls we already had in order of getting them.
The old system ordered them by their game number (lower number means that they were created earlier on, they just might be implemented on a later date).
Fairy is my fourth in the list, because she has a low game number (5 or 6 I think).
The only thing to hold on for now is that other girls will be cheaper for you once they get more stars.

On 25.10.2017 at 9:19 PM, Real Vincent said:

one possibility is that they added a database column with the timestamp when you received the girl with the 2.0 update. so you do something like 'select * from girls where playerid = x order by timestamp asc nulls first' and then the database decides the order of the null timestamps (aka girls received prior to update) internally. my experience with oracle is that they would be ordered in the way they were inserted but there is no guarantee for that and another database might do anything. so that could explain the messed up order for girls you already had. a solution would be 'select * from girls where playerid = x order by timestamp asc nulls first girlid asc' so the order of all girls received prior to the update would be the same for every player depending on the girls.

a dev comment on this would really be cool but sadly they're keeping everything secret...

On 25.10.2017 at 4:14 PM, natstar said:

I never upgrade girls to 5 stars for increased money i see a lot of people complaining for that reason they will take a long time to pay it back the main point to upgrade to 5 stars is the fact affection level increases their stats just like increasing their level with experience does plus a new look and new affection scenes Ankyo gets a second girl added with purple her that i have not seen before i am hoping they add her as a new future girl to the game in the future.

i defently do it for the money. u only need 3 girls to fight