Equipment stat question

mikiek20001

Hello, I'm a new player, just a couple weeks, and still learning my way around. I understand that it's best to use equipment with multistat boosts or a monostat boost in your primary stat. But what about when you have a mix. If I get a piece that would give me about 400-500 boost in my primary but about 4k-5k net loss in my other stats, do I still use it solely because of the primary stat boost?

Thanks for any insight.

37 minutes ago, mikiek20001 said:

Hello, I'm a new player, just a couple weeks, and still learning my way around. I understand that it's best to use equipment with multistat boosts or a monostat boost in your primary stat. But what about when you have a mix. If I get a piece that would give me about 400-500 boost in my primary but about 4k-5k net loss in my other stats, do I still use it solely because of the primary stat boost?

Thanks for any insight.

the short answer (especially for newer players) imho: focus on the legendary multstats equips :)

You´ll level up soo fast that I wouldn´t even bother with it atm.. multistats are most of the time the best option. You can obviously optimize your equipment for every pvp opponent but that takes a lot of time and obviously depends on their set up as well. Try to use the best legendary multistats equips you have and save a set of legendary mono´s just in case you want to optimize :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, holymolly said:

the short answer (especially for newer players) imho: focus on the legendary multstats equips :)

You´ll level up soo fast that I wouldn´t even bother with it atm.. multistats are most of the time the best option. You can obviously optimize your equipment for every pvp opponent but that takes a lot of time and obviously depends on their set up as well. Try to use the best legendary multistats equips you have and save a set of legendary mono´s just in case you want to optimize :)

Thanks for the response. So ATM, I'm level 157, and my current gear is all legendary multistat and near my current level, except for one piece that's a legendary monostat in my primary. Now I just got a legendary multistat for that same slot. If I used the new piece I'd lose about 650 in my primary and gain about 4.5k net in all my other stats, roughly 1.1k each. So if I'm understanding you, it's too early for me to be concerned about a a subtlety like this, and that it wouldn't matter that much which of these two pieces that I used? Or should I still use the new piece because it's multistat? If it really doesn't matter though, then I might as well just sell the new piece for $15k, LOL.

I have my own rule that I can share with you ^^
We'll focus on the top 3 stats, and ignore the harmony and endurance stat.

image.png 

This mono stat gives me +2134 in main stat, and -3400 average in secondary stats (The math being: 3434+3366=6800, 6800/2 = 3400).

Here's what I do:
If the mono item wouldn't give me at least half of 3400 (+1700) then I would sell it.
So IMO it's only worth using mono items if they are above that 50% mark, any mix of those mono and multistat equipment are fine.

However, because critical hits are so dangerous in the current state of the game, I would like holymolly above recommend to mainly use just multistat equipment, but if you need more guaranteed damage without relying on luck (crits) then keeping mono items in your inventory and use 1-3 of them is totally fine. Using more than 3 at once just makes your harmony too low and leaves you vulnerable to critical hits from your opponents.

Also, good mono items are way harder to come by than multistat equipment and as you're still low level you will switch out your multistat equipment quite often, and as you level up they will quickly become stronger than your mono equipment.

Edit: If you found this useful, should I maybe add this info to the Performance Handbook guide? 😅

Edited by Slynia
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Slynia said:

I have my own rule that I can share with you ^^
We'll focus on the top 3 stats, and ignore the harmony and endurance stat.

image.png 

This mono stat gives me +2134 in main stat, and -3400 average in secondary stats (The math being: 3434+3366=6800, 6800/2 = 3400).

Here's what I do:
If the mono item wouldn't give me at least half of 3400 (+1700) then I would sell it.
So IMO it's only worth using mono items if they are above that 50% mark, any mix of those mono and multistat equipment are fine.

However, because critical hits are so dangerous in the current state of the game, I would like holymolly above recommend to mainly use just multistat equipment, but if you need more guaranteed damage without relying on luck (crits) then keeping mono items in your inventory and use 1-3 of them is totally fine. Using more than 3 at once just makes your harmony too low and leaves you vulnerable to critical hits from your opponents.

Also, good mono items are way harder to come by than multistat equipment and as you're still low level you will switch out your multistat equipment quite often, and as you level up they will quickly become stronger than your mono equipment.

Edit: If you found this useful, should I maybe add this info to the Performance Handbook guide? 😅

Thanks very much, it did help. And yes, strategy-type items like this, beyond the technical mechanics of the game, would also be very helpful in the guide. 

• Like 1