Noob question about leveling up

OverJet

No the stats do not increase from leveling up, but they have a max amount that you can level up to. This max amount increases as you level up, although you shouldn't need to worry about it getting to the max level until you've got a player level of at least a few hundred. It will cost you a fair amount of money to increase stats to max and I'd suggest always going for the class your player is. Ie mine is charm(rose) that one gives me +1 attack and +4 hp compared to the other ones giving +0.25 defense and 0.5 harmony which I believe don't give you as much advantage in game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slowwolf said:

No the stats do not increase from leveling up, but they have a max amount that you can level up to. This max amount increases as you level up, although you shouldn't need to worry about it getting to the max level until you've got a player level of at least a few hundred. It will cost you a fair amount of money to increase stats to max and I'd suggest always going for the class your player is. Ie mine is charm(rose) that one gives me +1 attack and +4 hp compared to the other ones giving +0.25 defense and 0.5 harmony which I believe don't give you as much advantage in game.

A) They do increase by leveling up.

B) While your main stat should be your main focus (as is hinted by the phrase "main stat") don't neglect the other ones either, as Harmony is super important.

While Ego and ATK are very important, and while the 0.25 bonus to DEF doesn't compare to the +1 ATK you get from updating stats, Harmony in some ways is better than all 3. If your stats are rather close to those of your opponent's (Which is the case most of the time once you find your spot at leagues), having a low Harmony means you'll lose most of those battles (From experience).

Also consider the fact the Harmony is a stat that doesn't rise no matter what level your girls are, while Ego and ATK are more a affected by your girls than by your stats... Meaning a good blessing can cover for relatively low main stat, but nothing covers bad harmony (aside from elements, but using elements for Harmony is usually a waste as it caps at a certain point and when you can use the much superior Physical element. I really suggest reading the handbook to learn more).

So TL;DR- Yes, the main stat is the most important, but you really can't having your other stats lagging too far behind. 

• Like 1

Well I apologise if I got that wrong I haven't noticed my stats increasing with player level increases. I by no means suggested ignoring the non main stats just that I believe putting preference to the main stat most of the time. When you get a nice amount of money from a reward then I'd suggest increasing all of the stats but with smaller amounts of money I reckon just go for the main. I've always found harmony a lesser rewarding stat to increase personally, admittedly it increases the chances of crit hits which do great damage to your opponent. So it does have good advantages, I suppose having a matching team  that increases crit hit chance/damage with a good harmony level can be pretty devastating against an opponent. I would also recommend reading the handbook coming to terms with it really does help you make more informed decisions in game. Best of luck anyways

• Like 2