Warning point removal request

Makinen

If there's a different place to post this i apologize, this seemed like the most logical place.

Okay, so: I've got a non-expiring warning point to my name since May 2021, and i'd like to have it removed. Would this be possible?

Haven't received any warnings over the past 14 months, the usual. :P 

• Like 1
  • Surprised :O 1

59 minutes ago, Makinen said:

If there's a different place to post this i apologize, this seemed like the most logical place.

Makes sense for me too. It's not a question about the game, but it's still a question and this keeps the thread simple and standalone.

59 minutes ago, Makinen said:

Okay, so: I've got a non-expiring warning point to my name since May 2021, and i'd like to have it removed. Would this be possible?

No. It's literally not possible to remove warning points, I've actually tested it at some point and even tried many weird workarounds like giving someone a "warning" with a negative value as the amount of warning points, and the system doesn't allow it.

However, this matters very little for anything. Only you and us mods and admins can even see that you have a warning point, let alone access your warnings themselves. It's completely invisible to other forum goers. Also, contrary to actual penalties like bans and such, it has zero impact on your ability to visit and use the forum. As for the numbers themselves, it's set to +1 for any warning by default, and when we want to send an informal warning or a poor man's private message to someone without a warning point attached, we need to remember to change that value to 0 manually (beforehand). Plenty of regulars have plenty of past warnings and warning points even though they're perfectly welcomed now. Conversely, there are permanently banned people with only the one point.

So of course, the numerical value is typically the least important factor we take into account as mods when/if we have a look at someone's profile for moderation purposes. We look into past warnings of course, but it's what happened and what was written at the time and since that matters, a lot more than how many points were given overall. And just to be clear, there is no automatic system in place that does anything when you reach X or Z number of warning points (I prefer to clarify this because I know in some forums there are automatic bans after X number of strikes etc. so it would be a natural concern to have).

So yeah, in your case, well I've just looked and I won't discuss any details here, but you got a very minor warning over a year ago. You're otherwise a long-time regular who contributes positively to the forum community (especially for the EPx1 drop data thread IIRC), so this has no bearing whatsoever on how I or any other mod would look at a moderation case involving you. You're fine! ^^

Sorry if it bothers you to see your old warnings when you check your own profile, but this can't be helped.

• Like 1

Yeah, that i didn't care enough to ask earlier myself is already quite telling about how much i am bothered with it. :P 

Wasn't planning to break the rules anytime soon, but i guess i'll have to live with the aesthetic of it not being zero i guess...