New Player Questions

Hey everyone, just about two weeks in and did not want to make post after post so I've been pooling question for the last few days. Thank you in advance. 

1. Who I go up against in seasons seems to be based on my level. On the forums I saw its supposed to be people with equal mojo but idk. I was wondering if that is accurate and also if its normal to get totally stuck at some point. Is the expectation that most people are not gonna complete the season before its over? 

2. I see a lot of people in Leagues who have similar stats to mine but then their Harmony is absurdly high. Is this due to bonuses, being Know-how or am I missing something?

3. I have a team filled with great starting girls and now a 5L. Is it worth it to just stay on Dark Lord Farming until he's done or should I swing back around later? 

4. Levelling 3Ls seems a total waste of time and energy to me. I'm not gonna use them and I have to sink considerable resource into them to keep them maxed. Should I not just let them be? I don't see the benefit. 

5. Despite reading different posts and guides on combat I am still unclear as to what choosing charm as my main stat has done for and what its affect is, outside of it just be designated my main stat for means of calculation. 

Okay, thanks again!

1. It's equal broadly your Mojo *and* your level. Totally normal you get stuck (same people attacking each other, winning/losing half of time, exchanging Mojo but they don't progress), just wait for a while (24hr) and the roadblock will end (when a couple of those ping pong players finally prevail and move onward), so you can advance. There's no prize to rush.

Addenda after readin the other questions: some Starters and a L5? It's very likely you will not complete the Season anyway.

2. Bonuses. If you max out your stats, the Harmony get a big boost. Some use Boosters. Some have active/passive Harmony bonuses. The Classes mean nothing and are an heritage of the past combat system (they have influence only on what stat is considered your attack one).

3. You should move onward just after the Troll dropped his 5 star girl (I think is Sheheramazond for Dark Lord). You need the next Common 5 way more than any Dark Lord Epic 3 at the moment (and you'll get different gems too). Come back later.

4. If you can afford L5 easily, L3 *are* a bit of a waste.   Anyway, at least LVL 250 and maxing their grade is advisable, to progress in Places of Power - you'll see why- and the various Champions.

5. Actually? No use. As said, is an heritage of the old system.

Edited by lepidocter
  • Like 2

Get off Dark Lord! All the girls on him are 1-star which are pretty much useless for battle (and can't be used for Champions). Plus they can all be attained through the Great Pachinko 10-Games, so you will get them eventually anyway. Really their only value is increasing your passive bonuses which is not something you need to worry about that much right now (they can also be used as fodder to unlock level caps if you choose that strategy, but I won't get into it here). I speak from experience - when I first started playing and didn't really know what I was doing I spent way too much time collecting 1-star girls from Dark Lord. Like lepidocter said, your main focus from villains at this point should be the 5-star commons (and then the 3-star commons).

The issue with L3s is that they cost the same amount of gems and XP to level up as L5s, but their max power is much lower due to the two less stars. If you can avoid having to upgrade too many L3s it will save you gems and XP that you can use on other girls that you might use more frequently. The tradeoff is that you will be less able to take advantage of the weekly blessings (having more girls levelled increases the chance that one of them will be blessed for that week), but if you're able to get L5s then you should definitely focus on getting/upgrading those as they will be useful for much longer than L3s.

Having charm as your main stat just means that charm is the stat used to determine your attack power while hardcore and know how are used to determine your defense and harmony. For example if you equipped a bunch of "mono" equipment that only boosts charm then your attack power would go way up but your defense and harmony would suffer. If you equipped all "rainbow" equipment that boosts all stats then the split would be more even. I would recommend rainbow equipment in most cases, especially starting out.

I think it took me a couple months before I was able to "complete" seasons for the first time (as in getting to 11,500 Mojo), so I wouldn't be too worried if you can't complete it this go round. And rather than starting at 0 MOJO, next month you will be given a bit of a head start depending on how far you get this month.

Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TaironLocke said:

1. Who I go up against in seasons seems to be based on my level. On the forums I saw its supposed to be people with equal mojo but idk. I was wondering if that is accurate and also if its normal to get totally stuck at some point. Is the expectation that most people are not gonna complete the season before its over? 

It's based on both your mojo and your level. It's pretty common for low-level players to get stuck, but it gets easier as you become a higher-level player. At my level (near the level cap) I usually have it finished halfway through the month.

I see a lot of people in Leagues who have similar stats to mine but then their Harmony is absurdly high. Is this due to bonuses, being Know-how or am I missing something?

This can depend on what girls are on your team, what equipment you have equipped, and what boosters you have active. In general harmony is the least impactful stat anyways.

3. I have a team filled with great starting girls and now a 5L. Is it worth it to just stay on Dark Lord Farming until he's done or should I swing back around later? 

Depends on if you want the girls he's offering. It will take you a very long time to clear out all the villains (I only just got all the girls the villains offer, and I've been playing for years) so there's pretty much always going to be a villain with a girl you want. Just pick whoever has the girl that appeals to you most.

Levelling 3Ls seems a total waste of time and energy to me. I'm not gonna use them and I have to sink considerable resource into them to keep them maxed. Should I not just let them be? I don't see the benefit. 

3L's can be okay for champion fights, but you don't want to take them above level 250. They are utterly worthless for PVP.

5. Despite reading different posts and guides on combat I am still unclear as to what choosing charm as my main stat has done for and what its affect is, outside of it just be designated my main stat for means of calculation. 

Class used to have an effect, but not anymore. It does nothing now other than determine which stat is your main stat. It's just a legacy of older versions of the game.

• Like 3

During the first two months you will struggle in many aspects of the game.

You won't complete season now. Just try to reach the first girl, you will be able to complete season later if you have: a) upgraded your player stats in the market, have updated gear, and awaken your girls to a good level.

Common 3 stars and 1 star girls are good to uplevel in order to reach the amount of girls needed to unlock awakening for upper levels for your stronger 5 star girls that you will use in your battle team.

• Like 1