New Player Questions Part 2

TaironLocke

Hello everyone. I don't want to make multiple threads so this is my second pile of beginner questions. Thank you in advance for your help!

1. Is it worth it at all to upgrade PoP?

2. Is the rule of thumb to buy all the books all the time?

3. Is the strategy with upgrades to get them all ASAP so I can start receiving the increased income?

4. Is manufacturing losses to champions worth it for the money or are tickets too valuable?

5. Why is it tracking how many times I've beaten a champ? Is that just for my benefit?

6. Is their a strategy to champions I am missing or is it just incredibly random. So far I got, power and positions. Anything else? 

7. What is a good score in a week of leagues would you say? If I wanna promote. 

8. Is the bottleneck more Ymen or crystals. I have run short on both at times. 

9. Is there a good way to get, specifically target crystals? 

10. Is there any other way to get affection? 

Ya, that's a lot. lol Thanks again, I really appreciate your time.  

il y a 42 minutes, TaironLocke a dit :

1. Is it worth it at all to upgrade PoP?

Absolutely. Best early investment ever. Especially level 4, 8 and 9, which provide additional Pachinko orbs (Extremely useful for cash, girls, and contests). Also a very good source for champion tickets.

il y a 44 minutes, TaironLocke a dit :

2. Is the rule of thumb to buy all the books all the time?

Yes. And gifts. It's not possible in the very early game, but this should be one of your goals as soon as you can.

il y a 45 minutes, TaironLocke a dit :

3. Is the strategy with upgrades to get them all ASAP so I can start receiving the increased income?

For common girls, yes, especially the 3 starter girls that give a million per day (Bunny, Juliette and Red). For Rare, Epic and Legendary, no, it will be very expensive and it won't give you a lot of cash back. Still, upgrading girls to get new poses/scenes is an important part of the game; but purely in terms of gameplay, you won't get much out of these upgrades.

5* girls are always important though.

il y a 47 minutes, TaironLocke a dit :

4. Is manufacturing losses to champions worth it for the money or are tickets too valuable?

Once your places of power raise (both Permanent and Temporary ones), you'll get ~30 tickets per day. Tickets are easy come, easy go. Still, you may want to keep at least a few dozens available for contests and events such as PoA.

However, losing to champions is not the best way to get money. The amount of money you get is proportional to the damage you do; so you should hit as hard as you can (Except during PoA and Contests, where the goal is to spend as many tickets as possible). Beating champions also gives girls and other rewards, so in the early game, there is really no reason to hold back.

il y a 50 minutes, TaironLocke a dit :

5. Why is it tracking how many times I've beaten a champ? Is that just for my benefit?

Champions get stronger every time you beat them. Also, after 8x5 victories, you'll get all the rewards, so you'll start getting kisses on the last stage instead of scenes or skin items. The number gives an indication of the champion power and helps tracking your progression.

il y a 52 minutes, TaironLocke a dit :

6. Is their a strategy to champions I am missing or is it just incredibly random. So far I got, power and positions. Anything else? 

That's it essentially. The last (5th) stage is always more difficult, because you fight with 0 defense, so the champion hits a lot harder.

You own player power also matters (level, market stats, equipment, boosters, ...)

il y a 53 minutes, TaironLocke a dit :

7. What is a good score in a week of leagues would you say? If I wanna promote. 

7500 😛

It really depends on the league. If you want to promote, you should try to fight all your opponents (~100 opponents, ~300 fights per week). But, whatever works, really.

il y a 55 minutes, TaironLocke a dit :

8. Is the bottleneck more Ymen or crystals. I have run short on both at times. 

Ymen is a bottleneck early game. Around lvl 280-300, you will have "unlimited" Ymen and it won't matter anymore. XP, Affection and Gems are the typical bottlenecks in the late game (Which is why you should buy all Books and Gifts ASAP).

(Note: I assume that by "crystals", you mean "gems". "gems" is the correct term)

il y a 56 minutes, TaironLocke a dit :

You can fight specific villains. But that only works if there is no active event (where it's more important to fight the villain that holds an event girl). It's not super efficient and/or can be very costly if you really want to make a difference.

But on the early game, you probably don't want to focus on specific colors too much anyway. You'll need tons of gems of all colors by the time you reach lvl 650/700/750.

il y a 59 minutes, TaironLocke a dit :

10. Is there any other way to get affection? 

Market, Daily goals, Pachinko, Boss Bang (monthly event), Path of Glory, Season, and maybe Club Champion once you get all girls. And a tiny little bit from some villains.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, TaironLocke said:

A couple things to add about Champions: your girls will sometimes randomly trigger bonuses (Wild Burst, Narcissism, and I can't remember what the third one is called right now) that can increase how far you get in a given fight (and will sometimes chain to occur several times in a row), so if you are seeing variance from fight to fight in a given stage then that is probably the cause. Also, be aware that the girl you're fighting also has a pose and if it matches she will do double damage on you, which is why certain rounds seem much more difficult (it took me a long time to figure out why I was randomly losing a ton of damage on certain hits lol). Every once in a while you will have a bad draw where several of the poses match your opponent and you just have to grind through.

3 hours ago, TaironLocke said:

One of the best ways to get gems (I too am assuming that's what you mean. Crystals are the currency used in the "Golden Anniversary" event) is to participate in the weekly Cumback Contest, which happens every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. One of the prizes is "rainbow gems" (which means you get that amount of each color gem), and the amounts are pretty generous. For example, if you manage to place in the 2-4 bracket you get 100 of each gem (which means 800 total gems!). The contests are the same each week which makes them easy to plan ahead for (for example, save your Pachinko orbs for Mondays, Awakenings for Tuesdays, etc.).

• Like 3

2. No. If you cannot afford a book, don't mind and proceed. Doing crazy stuff to buy a book isn't worth the effort.

3. At your level, you probably get more benefits by upgrading everyone. After a while, you'll earn more girls than your money can upgrade (and gifts will be spent to boost Legendary 5/Mythics).

4. My collegues forgot that there are events/paths/daily goals that practically force you to fight Champions even if you don't want for. When you have more than 500 tickets sound as trivial, when you own just a dozen is something to mind about. Go for Champions anyway even if you don't "win" (conclude them) even if after  24hr you lose progress. At your level, you cannot pretend to go much onward on Champions and Champions girls come waaaay later (you'll see how much Visor will last...).

So, play for the points, not for the attached girls. Even if you don't conclude a Champion in a single run.

6. Order matter too. If you put stronger girls first, you'll deal more damage before the fight end. There's some kind of sorting strategy but it will apply when you have 20+ rerolls.

7. You can *promote* around 5500/6000 points. You have great chances of winning it at 6500/6700. I never see anyone reaching 7000 points so far under D2.

Edited by lepidocter