How do you decide when to spend kobans

OmerB

How do you decide when and how many kobans to spend for a girl? Do you have some kind of Formulae that says how many kobans you should spend for each type of girl (5* legendary, 3* legendary, etc.)?

Sometimes you need more resources that you have to get a girl, so you must decide if you you're using your kobans to get it (kisses in kinky cumpetition, feasts in LD, deck revival in bang events, etc).

I'm having lots of girls with 70+ shards, because I was "afraid" to use kobans to get them. On the other hand, I used some precious kobans on stupid Mythic boosters that I burned. Now, that I'm understanding more or less what I need to do in the league, and I'm not burning kobans on Mythic boosters, I should get a positive influx of kobans. So, what to use it for?

For example, right now there are legendary days with two girls. The natural regeneration of feasts will probably not be enough to get both and might even not be enough for one, and also the tiny amount of feasts in the PoV and PoG will not help much. So, do you have in mind "I'm ready to spend 350 kobans to get a girl, otherwise I will not try" thought or something like that? How many kobans do a legendary girl worth to spend on? I want to know the decision-making process of some experienced players :)

Edited by OmerB

refills defintely not enough to get 2 nor 1 .. you get about half a girl from regen. As for your question: I´d suggest going through the QandA section because people have discussed that matter quite a few in the past already: in short: you wanna focus on 5 and 6 stars since those are pvp relevant which is the koban printer in this game. If you can or want to whale well then I suggest catch them all :P

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, holymolly said:

refills defintely not enough to get 2 nor 1 .. you get about half a girl from regen. As for your question: I´d suggest going through the QandA section because people have discussed that matter quite a few in the past already: in short: you wanna focus on 5 and 6 stars since those are pvp relevant which is the koban printer in this game. If you can or want to whale well then I suggest catch them all :P

Ok, so for these legendary days, would you spend kobans to get one of the girls? How many?

I'm afraid to use kobans for combativity (or kisses) refills, because I'm not sure how many kobans it will take... At least in the Market, PoV/PoG/PoA there's a fixed price, so I know exactly what I will get and for how much..

17 minutes ago, OmerB said:

Ok, so for these legendary days, would you spend kobans to get one of the girls? How many?

I'm afraid to use kobans for combativity (or kisses) refills, because I'm not sure how many kobans it will take... At least in the Market, PoV/PoG/PoA there's a fixed price, so I know exactly what I will get and for how much..

well you usually need like 600 fights for a LD girl that should tell you how much kobans you need .. for me well I go for the LD girl but that´s because I can afford her.. since she´s not a great girl blessings wise nor art wise imho I figure a lot of people won´t but that´s just my personal opinion

Ofc you never know how much kobans you end up needing but if you´re not sure if you can do it .. I´d always suggest better don´t try especially not before the last day.

• Thanks 1

It really depends on your current focus. Getting as many girls as quickly as possible (short term focus), or getting strong pv girls that will help you gain more Kobans from the leagues, and will help you get more girls in the future.

My own values:

- Mythic: 8~9k kobans, maybe more. Must have.

- LD: 2000~5400 kobans, if they have rare blessings and are not part of the MP Pool. 0 Koban otherwise. I still spend my free combativity on them, maybe I'll be able to finish them in 5 years (probably not). I only got 2 of the last 8, so... yeah. Easy pass.

- OD, Classic, any 3*: 1000~1500 Kobans. Only if I haven't maxed the passive for this color (I haven't maxed any, so it's easy :D ) and if I have spare Kobans.

- PoV: 3600 Kobans, only if I have spare Kobans. Mostly for player XP and books, the girl is just a bonus. I'll probably stop buying it when I get closer to lvl 500.

- PoG: 5400 Kobans. It's not really worth it, but I have almost all the LC girls, so I just want to finish that once and for all. For new players, I wouldn't recommend it, unless the girl has rare blessings.

- PoA: If you can complete all 25 steps and are trying to accumulate many weak girls, it's a good option. But 7200 Kobans is a steep cost, and hard to justify if you're still building your pvp team, as it probably means you'll have to sacrifice better (L5/M6) girls for that.

- Everything else: 0 koban? I think?

Once you have a good pvp team and are able to compete in D3 Top15/Top4, further investment in pvp girls becomes harder to justify. You have to sacrifice many 3* girls for a single M6 girl, and you won't get more kobans out of them (You'll end up paying more for these new girls than you'll earn from the slightly better league ranks). So you can stop investing in expensive M6/L5 and focus more on cheap E3/L3 girls. Or keep going for the expensive girls if you like them. Personal choice here.

F2P players can hope to get ~20k Kobans per month in D3-Top 15, and 27~28k if they regularly get Top 4 with minimal investment. With 25k Kobans per month you can get "almost everything", but with 20k (Or a lot less if you're in D1/D2 or lower D3), you have to make hard choices (You need over 40k Kobans per month to get everything the game has to offer; probably a lot more if you include the cost of upgrades. And a looooot more if you have to catch up on years of revivals as well).

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Liliat said:

It really depends on your current focus. Getting as many girls as quickly as possible (short term focus), or getting strong pv girls that will help you gain more Kobans from the leagues, and will help you get more girls in the future.

- LD: 2000~5400 kobans, if they have rare blessings and are not part of the MP Pool. 0 Koban otherwise. I still spend my free combativity on them, maybe I'll be able to finish them in 5 years (probably not). I only got 2 of the last 8, so... yeah. Easy pass.

Once you have a good pvp team and are able to compete in D3 Top15/Top4, further investment in pvp girls becomes harder to justify. You have to sacrifice many 3* girls for a single M6 girl, and you won't get more kobans out of them (You'll end up paying more for these new girls than you'll earn from the slightly better league ranks). So you can stop investing in expensive M6/L5 and focus more on cheap E3/L3 girls. Or keep going for the expensive girls if you like them. Personal choice here.

F2P players can hope to get ~20k Kobans per month in D3-Top 15, and 27~28k if they regularly get Top 4 with minimal investment. With 25k Kobans per month you can get "almost everything", but with 20k (Or a lot less if you're in D1/D2 or lower D3), you have to make hard choices (You need over 40k Kobans per month to get everything the game has to offer; probably a lot more if you include the cost of upgrades. And a looooot more if you have to catch up on years of revivals as well).

So are you going for one of the current LD girls? I mean are you going to spend kobans to get one of them, or are you just going to get some shards with the natural regeneration and that's it?

17 hours ago, Liliat said:

- Mythic: 8~9k kobans, maybe more. Must have.

- OD, Classic, any 3*: 1000~1500 Kobans. Only if I haven't maxed the passive for this color (I haven't maxed any, so it's easy :D ) and if I have spare Kobans.

These numbers seem really low. I would say 1700 for OD, 2400 for CE, at least 5000 for LD. At least 8k and 5 SP boosters (another 2700) for MD. With any of these, have an extra 20% in case of bad drop rate.

On 10/10/2022 at 3:13 PM, OmerB said:

How do you decide when and how many kobans to spend for a girl? Do you have some kind of Formulae that says how many kobans you should spend for each type of girl (5* legendary, 3* legendary, etc.)?

Except MD, I would spend about 2000 for a girl, any girl. I am not selective about stars and rarity. I see advantages of having a large harem. I always spend on PoA. In addition to the 2 bonus girls, we also get orbs, combativitiy, and kisses. Those worth partial girls too if you save them for events. So, 7200 for PoA is a good value. When I was at lower levels, I only spent kobans on OD and PoA. PoV is relatively new and it is a good value.

• Like 1
  • Surprised :O 1

il y a 41 minutes, Methos2 a dit :

These numbers seem really low. I would say 1700 for OD, 2400 for CE, at least 5000 for LD. At least 8k and 5 SP boosters (another 2700) for MD. With any of these, have an extra 20% in case of bad drop rate.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I'm not talking about "what it costs if you buy 100% of the girl on average", but what I'm willing to pay for them. For Mythic girls, I'm typically willing to pay full price, so the average price is also what I'm willing to pay, but it's not the case for 3* girls.

Il y a 18 heures, OmerB a dit :

So are you going for one of the current LD girls? I mean are you going to spend kobans to get one of them, or are you just going to get some shards with the natural regeneration and that's it?

I already have Layla. I won't go for Arachnid (except for free regen). Layla is in the MP Pool, so it's better to wait to catch her there "for free".

Edited by Liliat
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1