Caution when selling stuff rapidly

jpanda

I've noticed 3 times now that there's a bug when you are selling (I've been selling eq) it sometimes starts to go backwards through your inventory vs remaining on the "slot" you have selected.  Just urging caution if folks are like me, selling in the middle of their inventory (i.e. not always the first slot) and clicking rapidly to sell at speed.  The items that you are trying not to sell may be at risk.

I believe this has something to do with the endless scroll and does not happen until you're on the "second page".  I usually start vending on page 1 (but not at the top) but not always (and I don't even sell that often), so it's been hard for me to get an exact reproduce case.  But I'm very confident there's a bug.  I was able to reproduce it this AM, just not 100% sure how.  But I clicked very slowly and literally watched it occur.

This is since the new market revamp; I am not sure if it happened immediately on patch or is a newer bug (probably will never know now).

UPDATE: It does not seem to occur if you scroll down to the second page first, or at least not in the same "reliable" way.  I had no problems with page 2 to 3 trying to repro the same thing (I scrolled down too far accidentally, so gave it a shot).  I suspect I could figure this out if 1) I had unlimited items or 2) wasn't afraid of actually deleting stuff.  As it is (at my current rate of test), I suspect I'll run out of things to sell before I figure it out exactly.

UPDATE2: Ok, I challenged myself so clearly that means I'll do better...anyway, I now believe it has to do with a specific item, because I bounced around a bit then went back and deleted some in order that I hadn't and it still started going backwards despite the fact I sold more items than normal and immediately did so when I clicked on that other item.  I now need to try and figure out what the count relation is and, if I can, seeing if skipping right to selling that count item breaks it.  Or maybe it'll be fixed by the next time we have a sell contest 😜

Edited by jpanda
update
  • Like 1

This is actually a well-known issue that's been mentioned and discussed in the reworked Market thread. We call it the "lose focus" issue, and it's affecting most stuff in the new Market, not just when you sell, also when you equip etc.

Thanks, but I'm moving this to QA.

Edit: Numbers also mentioned probably being able to fix it through the ++ script when/if he gets around to doing it. It's likely we'll get his update before Kinkoid's. So stay tuned for that too.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated