Stat Upgrades

SwtAzn

Just some questions about STAT UPGRADEs and optimizing game play as player level advances.

1. Is there a limit to STAT UPGRADEs?

2. Is there a strategy to choosing which stat to upgrade as you level up?

3. How much of your resources should you apply to upgrades?

I just find myself losing to Seasons more often than I would like and it is hard to advance in League as well, so I figure the problem is me compared to other players near my level. Thanks!

There is indeed a limit to stat upgrades. For every Player Level you gain you can upgrade the three stats 30 times.

Ideally all three stats should be upgraded eventually, but at the beginning and lower levels priority should be placed on your primary stat which increases attack power and Ego (which equals HP).

The secondary and tertiary stat increase defense and harmony (chance for critical hits) but these are raised in less numbers than attack and ego so upgrading these can wait until you earn enough cash to cover any other expenses such as unlocking stars of your guys or buying books and gifts on the market first.

How much money you want to invest in stat upgrades greatly depends on how good your average income is. The more stars unlocked on your guys the more money they provide, yet even then the income from your harem arguably only makes up 25% of your total income.

Additional great amounts of money can also be gained by performing in temporary Places of Power, which gets only feasible once you have enough guys to fully max a PoP task and reduce the time needed to finish to the fastest possible with seven hours as well as battling champions and losing. Yep, that's right, losing against a champion gives money as they reward you for having tried.

Seasons and Leagues are both the PvP features in the game and doing well in them does not hinge on the personal player stats too much.

While they do play a role, they're only a minor factor in the mix as the most important issues are how powerful your seven chosen guys to battle are which hinges on several factors such as the Level of the guy, the available unlocked stars and their rarity grade.

Normally fully upgraded 5-star Legendary guys (purple background) are the strongest guys for PvP battles. 6-star Mythics (red background) when having all stars are even stronger but Mythics are a) very difficult to get without a high player level, resource income and in many cases paying real money and b) the most expensive to upgrade.

On top of that come also the weekly blessings which can throw the usual ranking of the seven strongest guys out of the window because there are 30% to 40% stat buffs for guys with certain traits, requiring players to adjust their battle teams accordingly as well as possible active  and passive elemental bonuses. The active bonuses depending on how the team is set up while the passive (synergy) bonuses depend on how many guys of each element you have in your harem.

So if you face another player of similar level to you yet they have a team gaining bonuses from blessings and/or have generally more guys than you have you might lose a match because of that and not a big player stat difference.

Thirdly there are also boosters which can be bought with kobans, won from Pachinko or event who can increase a player's performance in different areas for 24 hours. If opposing players have active boosters and you have not you might also lose a match in Season or League because of it.

As you might see from this wall of text, the PvP-features and the battle system are much more complex than what it initially might seem.

• Thanks 1

Wow, this does provide a lot of information. Thanks!

I am pretty late game now (level 400) have collected a good amount of 5-star Legendary guys, so when I lose to teams of the same composition. I thought it had to be all the other variables you mentioned.

In early game, stat upgrades was something I completely ignored because they yielded so little and I needed money to upgrade my harem. Now that I know there was a cap each time I gained a level, I kind of wished I kept up with it.