Contests are lonely

Crimson scale

Why is it that during contests there are only five or six people playing them and forty+ accounts with no activity. I'm all for less competition but its kind of lonely. Is this game full of accounts that people abandoned or are contests just poorly attended? I've taken first in almost every contest I've been in (3 sets) but it rings hallow if I'm playing with less than a dozen people between all 3 contests.

1 hour ago, Pire said:

Why is it that during contests there are only five or six people playing them and forty+ accounts with no activity. I'm all for less competition but its kind of lonely. Is this game full of accounts that people abandoned or are contests just poorly attended? I've taken first in almost every contest I've been in (3 sets) but it rings hallow if I'm playing with less than a dozen people between all 3 contests.

if you have a low level, you are indeed grouped with a lot of abandoned accounts.
the level cap was raised from 40 to 400, so there are a lot of players that had level 40 or below when they stopped.
once you reach higher levels, the activity will be higher in the contest groups.

15 minutes ago, Pire said:

That's good to hear although I will miss getting a small lead and keeping it the whole time but my gaming soul needs competition.

The reward for lower levels was reduced you use to get around 40 kobans for getting 1st place at low levels so don't feel bad with the easy wins.

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Crimson scale said:

I finally reached LV 50 and now I can't even get into the top 4. I had planned to do a 10X epic pachinko at the end of the x-mas event but at this rate I won't have enough kobans. I have to say I still prefer losing to real players than winning against abandoned accounts.

I suggested this would happen to you in a previous post, these contests at higher levels are tough, you need every edge you can get.

I would be very happy with any contest I was in where there is only 4 active accounts :D

Go farm previous worlds that you have completed, I see you have 16 girls there should be many that you could farm.