PLACES OF POWER

KINKALPHA

Apart from using Kobans, is by allocating guys to POP enough to increase your levels in the first row? And for the rest, I auto assign them (is there any advantage to manually do it? if I assign more guys to do the task, it always has a minimum of 7 hours to complete). I have been stuck in level one for the first row since I started the game and went up to level 7 in the rest and that is it. Am I missing something?

7 hours is the minimum. There are 2 different kinds of PoP, permanent and temporary. The top 3 are permanent and require kobans to level up to lv10. The lower 9 slots are temporary ones that change after 7 days and can randomly be chosen between about 7 different tasks each with 3 different versions, one of each class. The way those ones level is based off of your player level, I think its something like every 34 levels or so, can't recall the exact number but they cap at level 15. The level won't change on those even if you hit the new player level requirement until the 7 day timer is up and it selects a new quest.

As for if there is any reason between selecting auto and doing it manual there is. Each PoP mission has a different class assigned to it: Hardcore, Know-How & Charm. If the mission is hardcore it will only look at your guys hardcore stat and assign the guys with the highest hardcore stat first. Where this is an issue, especially for newer players, is say you have a 5 star legendary guy who is charm and he's high level. His Hardcore is 500 but his charm is 1000. This means he'd be far more useful being used to run a charm PoP instead of the hardcore one. Assigning guys that match the class of the PoP will allow you to run more PoP missions at once.