Joe Jackson Lyrics

Zorba the Geek

I have to share this... Different for Girls by Joe Jackson

It seems to sum up so much of Hentai Heroes, but one can hope that, before the game reaches its final demise (as all great games do) that a genuine love fest will become a real option for this game and its innumerable characters.  The beautiful and very cute Cupid Chan would lead the way.

This may be a cynical diatribe from Joe Jackson (who seems to be the musical equivalent of Elliot Rodger in this song), but it might well be true in many cases because I've come across some real bitches in my time who suck in and spit out sensitive guys if they so much as hint at vulnerability in terms of seeking love.  It did turn me into a bit of a misogynist, I'm afraid, not an Andrew Tate, but more of one who avoids women.  I don't condone any violence against women (or anyone for that matter) or any discrimination on the basis of gender, but I am wary of what women can do... And what a lot of women think is summed up in the lyrics to this song.  Too many seem to go for violent abusive men (time and time again), and actually delight in treating the 'nice guys' with disdain.  Take that truly weird pack of girls who followed Ted Bundy throughout his trial, wanting a relationship with him and even sending pictures of their nude selves.  Can anyone understand this because I can't.  Maybe it's the core of women... maybe not.  It hope not.

What the hell is wrong with you tonight?
I can't seem to say or do the right thing
Wanted to be sure you're feeling right
Wanted to be sure we want the same thing
She said, "I can't believe it
You can't possibly mean it
Don't we all want the same thing?
Don't we?
Well, who said anything about love?"
"No, not love", she said
"Don't you know that it's different for girls?"
(Don't give me love)
"No, not love", she said
"Don't you know that it's different for girls?
You're all the same"
Mama always told me, "Save yourself
Take a little time and find the right girl
Then again, don't end up on the shelf"
Logical advice gets you in a whirl
I know a lot of things that
You don't, you wanna hear some?
She said, "Just give me something
Anything
Well, give me all you got, but not love"
"No, not love", she said
(Don't give me love)
"No, not love", she said
You're all the same" (you're all the same)
(You're all the same) "You're all the same"
(You're all the same, you're all the same)
"You're all the same, same" (you're all the same)
"Who said anything about love?" (Don't give me love)
"No, not love", she said
(Don't give me love)
"No, not love", she said
Don't give me (don't give me love)
"No, no, no, no, not love", she said
(Don't give me love)
"No, no, no, no, no, not love", she said
You're all the same"
"You're all the same"
"You're all the same"
"You're all the same"
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

I have to share this... Different for Girls by Joe Jackson

Fine, but not in the "Chit Chat" thread. This is completely off topic and we have a sub-forum for that. Split it for you. Cheers.

On 3/15/2023 at 2:40 AM, DvDivXXX said:

Fine, but not in the "Chit Chat" thread. This is completely off topic and we have a sub-forum for that. Split it for you. Cheers.

I always get totally confused about these kinds of rules.  What thread should it be?  Brassy Girl formulated Chit Chat as a free for all, but with rules of decency and respect.  Also I have assumed that spoilers are frowned upon as they should be.  'Off-topic' is, therefore, irrelevant to this thread, I would argue, but I'm not the moderator.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2023 at 8:47 PM, Zorba the Geek said:

I'm not the moderator.

Thankfully. ^^

Brassy Girl, who dis? If you're reading the OP of a very old but still active thread you're going to feel a disconnect with how usage diverged from the OP's intentions over time.

As of now, basically:

1. Chit Chat: Anything related to the game, which is not specific, relevant or long enough to warrant its own thread.

2. Chat Room (the thread in this here Off-Topic section): Anything NOT related to the game, which is not specific or long enough to warrant its own thread.

3. A fresh thread in Off-topic: off-topic stuff that's specific or long enough to get its own thread.

Forum rules and moderator rulings apply everywhere on the forums, regardless.

I'm not sure why you mentioned spoilers in this context? I didn't see any game spoilers in your post. We have a working Spoiler function you can use in your posts now (since a recent update of the forum). It's the eye symbol: you select what you want to hide behind a Spoiler thingy first, then you click the eye.