Questions to Pelinor :)

OmerB

@Pelinor Why are you collecting data for ("data points")?

I didn't want to flood the general league thread with stuff that seems to me unrelated.

BTW, Is Pelinor is a name of an Elf? Names like Pelinor, Garadron, Oneron and others remind me of Tolkien's LOTR 🙂

Hi again. I see the current combat system equating to American Baseball. Granted, the League Season has 54% more combats than a standard baseball game, but the two activities create an excellent analogy in other respects. For example, most team matchups in baseball are three games, identical to what we see in the Leagues. The stats given in the primary game (i.e., no scripts) is useless except at the extreme levels. Still, the percentage odds the scripts provide open the door to rating each League season based on player performance.

So when I make a post such as this one: 

I post my results based on the Scripts' projected average and not my final ranking according to the game (though I mention my game rank in each post). I can determine how well I performed compared to others during the Season, which, in my mind, is a better indicator of my character's game progress than a simple 1-99 season ranking. I call each of my performances a "series win" when my combat results equal or exceed what the Scripts project for the combat set (3 rounds). Conversely, a "series loss" occurs when my performance is below the Scripts projection.

Pelinore is an alternative spelling of Pellinore, the King of Listenoise, or "of the Isles" in Arthurian legend. In the Old French prose tradition, he is associated with the Questing Beast.

• Like 1