reduced boss income vs new players

Kassander

Most of today changes are great, but two of them are problematic. Pvp players already complained about one, so I write about another:

The patch reduces income from Finalmecia more than 3 times (combined from less money she drops and less fights per day). This, of course, makes my life harder, but I can live with it – the income will hopefully return to normal in a few weeks as Finalmecia levels up, and other players of my level are similarly affected. It may, however, be much worse for these who are still far from reaching the plain of rituals – they earn less, but have to spend more on gear and girls to keep up with new boss levels. If they don't, they start losing against bosses, which makes them earn even less than before. And if they do, when they reach a new boss, they are punished by their income dropping again, and the whole process repeating itself. Please take a look at it.

(Why should you even care about new players? Frustrated players quit, and without player influx, the game dies. It may take a long time, but it dies eventually.)

44 minutes ago, Kassander said:

Most of today changes are great, but two of them are problematic. Pvp players already complained about one, so I write about another:

The patch reduces income from Finalmecia more than 3 times (combined from less money she drops and less fights per day). This, of course, makes my life harder, but I can live with it – the income will hopefully return to normal in a few weeks as Finalmecia levels up, and other players of my level are similarly affected. It may, however, be much worse for these who are still far from reaching the plain of rituals – they earn less, but have to spend more on gear and girls to keep up with new boss levels. If they don't, they start losing against bosses, which makes them earn even less than before. And if they do, when they reach a new boss, they are punished by their income dropping again, and the whole process repeating itself. Please take a look at it.

(Why should you even care about new players? Frustrated players quit, and without player influx, the game dies. It may take a long time, but it dies eventually.)

May I ask which changes you find to be great and why? So far none of the few people who have claimed to like the changes has said anything more than "they are good", and yet all the analysis and testing done by myself and others have shown otherwise. I would like the opportunity to hear why a few like yourself like them.

Also, your income will not be reaching pre-update levels. Chtugu posted the calculations in patch notes thread, and with finalmecia at max level income was something like 220k lower after the patch. His calculations are correct, you should check them out if you want a more precise breakdown.

1 hour ago, Asherandai said:

May I ask which changes you find to be great and why? So far none of the few people who have claimed to like the changes has said anything more than "they are good", and yet all the analysis and testing done by myself and others have shown otherwise. I would like the opportunity to hear why a few like yourself like them.

Sure.

The greatest change is lengthening the combativity bar to 10 hours – I can check the game less often and still do all fights. Pvp, sadly, goes into somewhat opposite direction, but allegedly this is the first of several patches expanding it, so perhaps it will be fixed.

Expanding the story is always good.

Leveling the bosses is a nice diversion (they may be balance problems, though, which this thread is about).

We shall see the effect of daily missions changes tomorrow, there is not enough information in the patch notes to judge it, yet.

Having resources that were put into leveling a girl you remove from your battle team not go into total waste is good (the effect could be increased, though, it is tiny at the moment).

1 hour ago, Asherandai said:

Also, your income will not be reaching pre-update levels. Chtugu posted the calculations in patch notes thread, and with finalmecia at max level income was something like 220k lower after the patch. His calculations are correct, you should check them out if you want a more precise breakdown.

That would be bad.

Edited by Kassander
typo
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Kassander said:

Sure.

The greatest change is lengthening the combativity bar to 10 hours – I can check the game less often and still do all fights. Pvp, sadly, goes into somewhat opposite direction, but allegedly this is the first of several patches expanding it, so perhaps it will be fixed.

Expanding the story is always good.

Leveling the bosses is a nice diversion (they may be balance problems, though, which this thread is about).

We shall see the effect of daily missions changes tomorrow, there is not enough information in the patch notes to judge it, yet.

Having resources that were put into leveling a girl you remove from your battle team not go into total waste is good (the effect could be increased, though, it is tiny at the moment).

That would be bad.

Thanks for the response. My own opinions somewhat differ from yours, but it is always good to hear other sides.

I personally find the increased time on combativity to be an overall negative for several reasons. Its great that everyone can now easily use all their energy, however the side effect of this is that boss contests become "oldest player wins" instead of the player that put the most effort in. Since everyone will be using the same amount of energy, and since there is nowhere else to spend it except on bosses, everyone will end up with the same score (minus a few who choose to farm low lv bosses). This takes away one of the few rewarding aspects of the game and replaces it with monotony. Additionally, the game has lost a significant portion of its incentive to play regularly. This has happened on many other games, and the net result is always the same; less interest = less spending = less developer time put into the game till after a while it dies. I'm not a big spender (i can't) but I don't want the game to go that way, up until this update I have very much enjoyed it.

This was not part of the update, just a coincidental/convenient release time.

This was a part of the update I was looking forward to, however the execution could not have been much worse. If it was fixed it would be a positive for me, but as it stands it is a big negative.

This is a fix for a bug that they never bothered to fix till now. It should have been working this way for a long time already.

I forgot about this. It's so negligible I hadn't even noticed its existence... The idea is definitely a positive, but it needs some improvements.

I have no idea what further changes they are planning, however I'm sorry to say I doubt they have pre-planned any fixes to the recently created problems and their idea that this update was a fix to the many problems of the arena is so far off the mark that it leaves me with little faith that they will ever get it right. And their response to people's posts so far have pretty much been "We're right, you're wrong, so ner!", which does not engender confidence.

On 2/7/2018 at 6:49 PM, Asherandai said:

... the side effect of this is that boss contests become "oldest player wins" instead of the player that put the most effort in. Since everyone will be using the same amount of energy, and since there is nowhere else to spend it except on bosses, everyone will end up with the same score (minus a few who choose to farm low lv bosses).

I've found the contest rewards to be so underwhelming, it is difficult for me to really care about them.  But you point about having no reason to play frequently is a very good one (not quoted).  It SHOULDN'T be a problem since we are eager to play arena every 30 minutes right? LOL Yeah, if arena was rewarding... say it awarded you combativity or energy for reaching 10, 20, 30, 40, etc, wins each day.  And more for a win streak of 10, 20, 30, 40 etc, each day (so you have some reason to maybe NOT mindlessly attack all 3 opponents)

Do I dare dream of a combat mechanics which are actually fun or interesting? No I do not, but that would be a huge bonus as well.

Btw, oldest player wins is not really a problem if they are sensible about the groups they create for contests.

Edited by JHDeviant

On 2/7/2018 at 8:09 PM, Kassander said:

The greatest change is lengthening the combativity bar to 10 hours – I can check the game less often and still do all fights.

Uhm, with the Old combativity refill of 3hr 20 minutes, it did not matter how long it took you to login back in. You could always check in less frequently, taking as long as you like as the Points Counter would be full upon your return. The *only* difference is the number of battles per point. 

The reasoning of you can be asleep/AFK longer without "losing" points in ten hours is a sleight of hand misdirection designed to make the change seem like it is in your favor.

IF that were TRULY the reasoning, then why don't they make that change across the board? How many 30 min Arena battles in 10:00 do you miss out on? How much Harem Money in 10:00 can you not collect on? How many times does Market refresh in 10:00 that you'll miss out on?

IF their reasoning was truly for the benefit of the players, then Harem Cash would continue to mount until you come along to collect instead of filling up and stopping, as if the girls need you to take money of their hands and tell them to get their asses back to their streetcorners to earn theyselves mo' yo' money…

• Like 1