Arena matchmaking system.

Felis

I've noticed that after the last patch the arena opponents and rewards became unusually random. We were told that the rewards will scale with the opponent's level. Can we all agree that player's level doesn't always reflect the real challenge in arena battle? Much better metric of your chances against him/her is the character's Ego. Keeping that in mind here's the opponent selection I've got recently:

0020.thumb.png.54da5be4d34e4ad2be36285c892039d0.png

I show the whole screenshot so the Kinkoid crew has more info to proccess - no disrespect to actual players here. Numbers are just numbers.

0021.thumb.png.d5280713055bf2f88dcb210a59fbf35e.png

The first opponent is ten levels below my character and not surprisingly has much lower ego. However the rewards show 32 mojo for winning that battle. As far as I know it's the max that you can get for a single battle.

0023.thumb.png.83ddec06e1be314717a7d1f9ba910b58.png

The third opponent is six levels above my character and has nearly as much ego. This will be a tough fight. And yet if I win it I'll get only 3 mojo.

This is not a singular ocurrence. It happend many times before. I just now took the time to take a screenshots and post them here.

And that's not all. Sometimes there are battles with NO mojo reward at all - regardless of the opponent's level. There doesn't seem to be any correlation between opponent's level or difficulty and mojo rewards. The system looks broken. Maybe it will be addressed in the future patches but right now the battles don't work like we were told they supposed to.

• Thanks 1

Previously we were matched up with a lot of bot opponents and your alpha girl's stats weren't taken into account. So with the new system, your stats matter a lot more than they used to.

Also keep in mind that the PvP system is being re-worked and this most recent patch is only one of the handful of changes Kinkoid is planning to make. So there might be some kinks to work out. How tought a fight is, currently does not relate to the reward you get for a victory. The reward is based on your difference in ranking (or it should, anyway). This is bound to give some very unbalanced match-ups especially in the beginning now, as in the previous system it was much easier to accumulate Mojo.