Battle Update

steve-o

The new battle system just released, has made this game boring, the addition of time and the limit of 3 battles is ridiculous, and now there seems to be a very big delay in trying to increase ones level on national and world levels, the battle phase needs to be put back.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I agree. I hate the new battle system. There is no reason to play it. All the opponents are 50-100% stronger than I am and with no tactical control of battles the strongest will always win. Also to advance on the Tower of Fame you need Mojo points which you used to be able to get in battle now Mojo points are not awarded or at least have not been awarded to me in the few battles I miraculously won. Please go back to the old Battle system.

• Like 3

I think it is more boring to win all the time, isn't it? 

In the new battle system I first nearly won half and lost half of my arena fights. And this way it should be if you reached your spot in the Tower of Fame. Then I got Abraël, got her to three stars, maxed her level and use her as alpha. Since then I am winning most of the fights and climbed nearly 5000 places in the Tower of Fame. And I think that is something good about the new system. You have to take action, change things and then get rewarded. No more easy winning all the time.

• Like 1

I rather like the new battle system.  Before I would never do battles because it used up my "Combativity" level that I would rather use against the bosses for a chance to get a girl.  Now since it doesn't, I actually have a reason to battle and raise my mojo, get some extra $, and other items.  The losing occasionally and having to wait to replenish doesn't bother me at all. 

• Like 4

Except the rewards are laughable and mojo has no purpose.  Tower of fame place?  It's in the name, fame, that' all you get.  It's not worth your time.

Think about it like this.  You're spending more money to make yourself competitive in the arena, than the rewards you are getting out of winning in the arena.

The logic of 'well it doesn't consume anything to do it' is only half true.  It doesn't use your combat points, but it uses up your money resources, trying to get better gear and level up your girls, so you are still splitting resources, it's just not fighting energy now. 

And Personally I'd rather spend my money raising affection levels (which pay off with new scenes and more income) not combat levels in an unrewarding arena.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trunks2585 said:

Except the rewards are laughable and mojo has no purpose.  Tower of fame place?  It's in the name, fame, that' all you get.  It's not worth your time.

Think about it like this.  You're spending more money to make yourself competitive in the arena, than the rewards you are getting out of winning in the arena.

The logic of 'well it doesn't consume anything to do it' is only half true.  It doesn't use your combat points, but it uses up your money resources, trying to get better gear and level up your girls, so you are still splitting resources, it's just not fighting energy now. 

And Personally I'd rather spend my money raising affection levels (which pay off with new scenes and more income) not combat levels in an unrewarding arena.

I do agree with you. Arena rewards are very bad. Mojo really has no real use aside for being there for your global standing, but people from before have grinded so much mojo it will take years of gameplay to get even close top 1000 or even 5000.

Arena simply has no purpose than to provide pocket money and second rate affinity items. Currently I sell all affinity items as they are worth a lot more as money.

best just sell the poor white and green affinity items and buy yellows and purples from market to raise affinity levels.

Overall arena just is worthless.

wait seriously? You can actually make money off those things?  I thought the value of affection points to money was hard coded and you wouldn't gain anything from selling them as opposed to just using them.  I sell the low equipment all the time but I just use the affection items, I'll have to hand onto them and compair what I can sell them for and what the going rates are for good items in the shop.

39 minutes ago, SpermDemon said:

Currently I sell all affinity items as they are worth a lot more as money.

best just sell the poor white and green affinity items and buy yellows and purples from market to raise affinity levels.

You sell 60 +25 white K4.png to buy 1 +250 yellow K2.png? Sounds like a great business!

1 hour ago, SpermDemon said:

I do agree with you. Arena rewards are very bad. Mojo really has no real use aside for being there for your global standing, but people from before have grinded so much mojo it will take years of gameplay to get even close top 1000 or even 5000.

Arena simply has no purpose than to provide pocket money and second rate affinity items. Currently I sell all affinity items as they are worth a lot more as money.

They sell for about 1/6th of the price you can buy them from the shop and affection each items give around the same affection for the money it costs to buy them so you're wasting your money.

Even selling boosters is not worth it because they will most likely make them better and they currently don't sell for much as all.

5 hours ago, Kassander said:

You sell 60 +25 white K4.png to buy 1 +250 yellow K2.png? Sounds like a great business!

yeah cause I mostly use my money on increasing my starts rather than on girls affinity. better buy a bigger item when I need it rather than have ton of bad ones and spend hour applying them all on making some girl like samane into 5 star.

33 minutes ago, SpermDemon said:

yeah cause I mostly use my money on increasing my starts rather than on girls affinity. better buy a bigger item when I need it rather than have ton of bad ones and spend hour applying them all on making some girl like samane into 5 star.

You can only sell one item at a time, so you spend as much time selling them, as you would offering them to a girl.

On 9-2-2018 at 6:44 PM, steve-o said:

The new battle system just released, has made this game boring, the addition of time and the limit of 3 battles is ridiculous, and now there seems to be a very big delay in trying to increase ones level on national and world levels, the battle phase needs to be put back.

Not to even mention that you can lose battles against opponents with less ego, overall stats and who have girls which are 10+ levels below yours even if the judge favors your position.

Few things,

1 ALL Affection items boil down to the same number on cost per point of affection, so selling them to buy others is kinda pointless. 

2 the Cash drops from the Arena are pathetic, they don't scale based on level or story, and I haven't seen them move even though I'm now being forced up the ToF. Getting less than 5k per fight is pretty shitty at my point in the game (Level 152 and in the final world), and that's only if it drops cash the boosters are selling for 250 to just under 2K each.  

3 Most people here haven't mentioned it, but they also nerfed ALL the new gear from the Shop AND Epic Pachinko, I'm seeing new gear that even though it's 10+ levels above my old items it's a LOSS of 100-150 stats.

4 This was the FIRST of multiple patches, I've heard 4 or 8 total in the "PVP revamp".

5 Even with the "boosted" money per fight from leveling a boss, you're still losing money per hour due to losing that extra fight per hour.  In order to get Finalmecia up to Bremen's cash level I had to take her to 245, and she maxes at level 260, so really no way for her to break even with herself.  I've heard they are looking into adjusting the payouts, but they have said absolutely they will not be changing the 30 minutes for 1 point of Combativity.

6 They've taken the incentive from logging in every 3 hours or so to every 30 min to TRY and beat the PVP fights, which honestly are only going to get harder as people start to gear up or use boosters to try and win their matches.  One thing to notice ALL timers in the game are based on when you look at them, IE the Shop refreshes 8 hours from when you look, if you go back 9 hours later it starts the new 8-hour timer.  Combativity or Energy work the same way but now you have to either pay for a refill or not use your points for more than 10 hours to notice it.

7 Your main stat boosts your Endurance which directly boosts your Ego, your OTHER 2 stats boost your Critical, and defense against their type of attack so you do want to raise all 3, just not all at the same rate.

Edited by Damoncord
  • Like 1

The new update i really hate. the arenafights and the mojo system is now just useless. also you cant find all girls from the bosses cause they level up and get stronger then you with the droprate now u will never find them all. so all fights arena and boss are so broken.

Edited by gjrd

On 2/11/2018 at 2:20 PM, Damoncord said:

Few things,

1 ALL Affection items boil down to the same number on cost per point of affection, so selling them to buy others is kinda pointless. 

2 the Cash drops from the Arena are pathetic, they don't scale based on level or story, and I haven't seen them move even though I'm now being forced up the ToF. Getting less than 5k per fight is pretty shitty at my point in the game (Level 152 and in the final world), and that's only if it drops cash the boosters are selling for 250 to just under 2K each.  

3 Most people here haven't mentioned it, but they also nerfed ALL the new gear from the Shop AND Epic Pachinko, I'm seeing new gear that even though it's 10+ levels above my old items it's a LOSS of 100-150 stats.

4 This was the FIRST of multiple patches, I've heard 4 or 8 total in the "PVP revamp".

5 Even with the "boosted" money per fight from leveling a boss, you're still losing money per hour due to losing that extra fight per hour.  In order to get Finalmecia up to Bremen's cash level I had to take her to 245, and she maxes at level 260, so really no way for her to break even with herself.  I've heard they are looking into adjusting the payouts, but they have said absolutely they will not be changing the 30 minutes for 1 point of Combativity.

6 They've taken the incentive from logging in every 3 hours or so to every 30 min to TRY and beat the PVP fights, which honestly are only going to get harder as people start to gear up or use boosters to try and win their matches.  One thing to notice ALL timers in the game are based on when you look at them, IE the Shop refreshes 8 hours from when you look, if you go back 9 hours later it starts the new 8-hour timer.  Combativity or Energy work the same way but now you have to either pay for a refill or not use your points for more than 10 hours to notice it.

7 Your main stat boosts your Endurance which directly boosts your Ego, your OTHER 2 stats boost your Critical, and defense against their type of attack so you do want to raise all 3, just not all at the same rate.

Re your point 6.

This is the only online game ive played that lets me have 2 or more instances of the game open at the same time. This lets me open a battle page and keep it open all the time and it refreshes the 30 min timer as soon as it ends. When I go to that tab to do battles the time left on the timer is less than 30 min. Works for marketplace too.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2018 at 2:48 AM, Kassander said:

Except USE TEN White +25 to get the equivalent of ONE +250 Yellow
Selling 60 +25 White is a loss equiv to SIX +250 Yellow

Slight necro post, but I think a worthwhile point to highlight.

The Arena now is totally useless. I’ve dropped over 100 ranks since the implementation of the change, because I usually get opponents with ego 10k+ higher than mine and I lose fights, where I have bigger damage and defense against my opponent’s attack than he has against mine, I lose mojo in fights, don’t get any boosters anymore, except for some grays from time to time, while before I quite often got golden boosters, I usually don’t fight more than some five to ten fights per day because of the limit and impossible selection of opponents.

Whoever came up with the idea to change the arena this way should be fired immediately

than u r just bad skilled or use low affection girls. that has nothing to do with the battle system. yes ofc u cant win all fights but just fighting against weak bot like before was the most boring thing in the game. and by the way nobody forcing u to go against players who r much stronger. if there is nobody to fight wait till the next batch of opponents.

Yeah, the arena system is broken AF right now.

I'll get matched up to someone 12+ levels higher than me, lose, which I don't mind losing the odd fight, especially to a higher level opponent. Losing gives you the motivation and keeps things from being a boring steamroll.

The problem is every fight I lose I get docked 31 Mojo.

But for every fight I win, I'm only getting like 1-2 Mojo. Very rarely will i get like 16-17 or a 31.  So even though I win 90% of the time it feels like i'm losing Mojo. It's too easy to win 19 fights, earn a whopping 19 mojo, lose that one fight get docked 31 and end up -12 on the day. 

Right now the sole reason to do it is for the gamble on the dailies to see if you get the two extra combat points on your bar.

The problem is that we don't have a choice anymore. You had one set of battle points and needed to choose between boss fights or arena fights. Or sometimes a mixture. Now it's simply both (no more strategy) and most of the times the arena is pointless because you know you won't be able to win. So why bother?

It would be much more fun if they had actually balanced the game. You know: don't get opponents who are 10 levels above you but instead get those who are somewhat evenly matched. Heck: even if they made it less obvious that you were going to lose it would be an improvement, because it might make things a little bit more exciting.

I haven't logged on for a few weeks, can't say I missed it. But at least the story has another chapter now, so that's fun. Somewhat... That's the problem with Nutaku (for a developer anyway): there's tons more available. Even full blown RPG games.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:03 AM, SpermDemon said:

I totally agree with you about the uselessness of the "Tower of Fame" but for what it is worth, I started playing at the end of July 2017 and now stand 1974 on the tower

I was up around 1550 but then I didn't participate in any pvp fights for weeks at the time.

But like you stated, I rather trade my standing in the Tower of Fame if it would give me one more girl for my harem.

3 hours ago, ZenMaster said:

The problem is that we don't have a choice anymore. You had one set of battle points and needed to choose between boss fights or arena fights. Or sometimes a mixture. Now it's simply both (no more strategy) and most of the times the arena is pointless because you know you won't be able to win. So why bother?

Not able to win? Duck your head in the sand and skip... NO! Improve! Hero stats, equip, alpha... try again! ..or just miss out on free items and money from arena every 30mins - Your choice! Not pointless, most people DO bother.

.. and not balanced? Opponents are up to about 20% higher or lower in level... so it´s always around your own? Maybe others invested more in their stats, and therefore you can´t keep up with your peers? Please don´t write baseless nonsense, think and try out.

• Haha 1

On 7. 3. 2018 at 5:04 PM, BananaJoy said:

than u r just bad skilled or use low affection girls. that has nothing to do with the battle system. yes ofc u cant win all fights but just fighting against weak bot like before was the most boring thing in the game. and by the way nobody forcing u to go against players who r much stronger. if there is nobody to fight wait till the next batch of opponents.

My point is, that I keep losing fights against opponents with all stats lower than mine, including endurance. I use only maxed girls in affection and level. There is no skill included in the fight, you just click start battle and then wait for it to finish, that’s nothing about skill. Right now I fought a fight against an opponent with ego 4k lower than mine, highest possible damage about 8k (I have 10,3k) and I had a lot bigger defense against charm (his attack) than he had against hardcore (my attack). My endurance was about 2k higher, there was no critical damage during the fight, and I lost very quickly, after four rounds. Tell me how that’s possible. Than there is an opponent with ego 30k higher than mine and one, which I won, but barely, with ego 7k lower than mine. Now I have to wait for half an hour for new opponents, and the situation will be most likely very similar again. Today I had only about five playable opponents, usually they have ego at least 5k higher than mine (I have 47k) and a lot bigger stats, and if there are some, that look playable, I usually lose. I keep losing more than I gain with most sets