Princess Agate: How is her name supposed to be said?

OneMoreBite

This is something I've been curious about for quite some time now, but I've been in a bit of a bind as to the proper pronunciation of Princess Agate's name.

I'm probably gonna need a pointer from the devs here (if possible - I know you're busy people, but it'd be great if we could clear this up once and for all), as I've come to the conclusion that there are three possibilities:

1. "A-gayt": The most obvious one of all, after the rock of the same name. (That, of course, being agate. Which, come to think of it, would make the most sense, seeing as she's from the Gems Kingdom.)
  2. "a-GAHT": As in the name, Agáte, which I believe is the French variant of the name, Agatha.
  3. "A-ga-teh": Sort of like the first one, only with more Japanese influence to it. (A-GA-TE.)

So as the title asks, which of the three listed possibilities is the right one?

• Like 1

3 answers, 3 opinions. i love it! xD

in my mind i pronounce her like option 3 but with the pronounciation on the "ga". that's the way if it was the german name "agathe". never thought about anything else. the according gem has a different name in german ("achat").

Edited by Habi
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...