PVP sucks

grepolis

4 hours ago, Chthugha said:

you are still in the old mindset that you can just enter a battle every single time, and you can choose the easy option every single time.
it has nothing to do with the matchmaking, which is just a simple ELO system.
so yes, sometimes you will be dealt 3 opponents you are likely not going to beat.
if you are playing in a tournament of whatever you want, there will always be opponents you cannot beat (unless you are the best).
I highly doubt you are the best, so you will lose to certain opponents.

Yes, but we don't have an under-19 team playing against the national champion seniors!  That's how the ranking system is now (or rather the lack of a ranking system) and it's either like it or lump it - or pay 24 kobans for refresh or wait 30min.  I just leave it if it looks like I can't win.

And why the heck don't we get rewarded with affection points if we have maxed out the affection of all the girls on our team - which is usually the case?  I don't understand how it works, but I do play the arena.  I win half the time and sometimes against opponents 10-15k higher ego and slightly higher attack power than me.  When I lose I can lose against opponents I ought to have beaten easily (much more ego, better attack power and stronger defences).  The element of luck that can do me in is critical damage as well as timing.  If my opponent's girl orgasms when I have (say) 15k ego left and I get critical damage at near the same time it's lose every time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

And why the heck don't we get rewarded with affection points if we have maxed out the affection of all the girls on our team

You only get affection for the girls on the team, so if they're maxed out how would they get more affection?  Swap out your omega girl with one that needs more affection. The omega girl doesn't contribute much anyway, won't impact your win/loss that much. If your alpha is strong enough, you could swap out the beta girl too.

26 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

I just leave it if it looks like I can't win.

Why? If you lose, you only lose mojo. If you win, you gain cash. I take battles even if I think I'll get my ass handed to me on the slim chance I get 3 crits in a row and win cash because why not? Besides, I think losing a bunch will put you in a lower match-making bracket, increasing your chances of winning in the future.

Edited by aaaaaaaacccc

3 hours ago, grepolis said:

Thanks folks for the comments...I've looked the stats of the posters (as some of you also did with mine).

Eolsunder nice work with the mojo's! Your great!

But what does this mean: "Oops, no results were found for "trunks2585", "CharlesFrancis" and  "Katsurakotaro". Not playing but giving comments on persons who dare to have some critics? I guess this is also a part of the game?

I tried different suggestions and still there are very strange things happening that could not be explained by 25% crit chance. I loose from opponents which were significant weaker on all indicators and sometimes I win from opponents that are much stronger (more than 25% crit chance) normally I never can win. This worries me.  

For those who have problems with my number of girls... I have fought with Bremen lvl 210 > 1000 times (in fact I don't know because I didn't count ;-) ) but still one girl to go... Your wrong imo. For the rest of you problems: get a live!

try looking for xander instead, our forum names don't always match our in game names.

When I was within spitting distance of being in the top 15 nationally. [Canada eh] I got all hepped up on goofball over mojo. I think I even got at high as 13th.

I would run the math and avoid people unless I could defeat them with a hit to spare in case of crit. Even then I'd lose, lose 30 odd Mojo and tank back down the rankings and this would fill me with an unholy rage.

Then I said frig it. I fight everyone. I am in the 30s nationally and drops from the 200s to the 500s globally. OTOH the rage issue is gone and I get more xp, money, items and girl affection and xp than before.

I seem to recall that they will be bringing in rewards for leading in certain segments. If they base it on the current leaderboards I have no chance of getting to the top so there is no point trying.If the run it like contests where you work against a group of 50 players roughly your level then I might care about mojo again.

2 minutes ago, aaaaaaaacccc said:

You only get affection for the girls on the team, so if they're maxed out how would they get more affection?  Swap out your omega girl with one that needs more affection. The omega girl doesn't contribute much anyway, won't impact your win/loss that much. If your alpha is strong enough, you could swap out the beta girl too.

Why? If you lose, you only lose mojo. If you win, you gain cash. I take battles even if I think I'll get my ass handed to me on the slim chance I get 3 crits in a row and win cash because why not? Besides, I think losing a bunch will put you in a lower match-making bracket, increasing your chances of winning in the future.

I have tried what you suggest.  When it's a tight race, as it usually is, my beta and omega girls become really important (for this account it's Edna and she's saved my butt more than I can count).  However, I might try swapping girls when I'm up against an opponent I ought to be able to beat easily.  This might be worth a go.

Re. aff rewards, I don't see why it shouldn't be put in our choice panel to let us decide how we use it and what girl we might want to upgrade.  Besides, the reward is so tiny that it's like building affection by building a wall one layer of paint at a time.  I just might live to see the outcome if I'm lucky!

I tried switching girls when facing easy fights only to lose them anyway ;)

Just not worth the effort IMHO.

Another advantage of not caring about mojo, the battles go quicker as I don't consider the strength of my opponents. If I were to switch girls then I'd have to figure out who to pick.

I got legendary girl as my Alpha so she will get affection for a long time. I will be entering the forest soon so in 3 weeks Fairy will join her. I should be able to pump her to 3 stars and at the very least she will be serviceable for Omega action. After they are 5 stared I think I can chill about the other 5 star girls. Maybe put one of them at a omega position I donno.

Not going to switch every fight though.

3 minutes ago, Some other guy said:

I tried switching girls when facing easy fights only to lose them anyway ;)

Just not worth the effort IMHO.

Another advantage of not caring about mojo, the battles go quicker as I don't consider the strength of my opponents. If I were to switch girls then I'd have to figure out who to pick.

I got legendary girl as my Alpha so she will get affection for a long time. I will be entering the forest soon so in 3 weeks Fairy will join her. I should be able to pump her to 3 stars and at the very least she will be serviceable for Omega action. After they are 5 stared I think I can chill about the other 5 star girls. Maybe put one of them at a omega position I donno.

Not going to switch every fight though.

It sounds like you're one of those lucky, lucky hardcore players who got the new girl.  Congrats!  I haven't been so lucky as yet.  If you can max out her affection, and fairy too, you might be able to give Bunny a much deserved rest (assuming, like most hardcore players, you still have her as your alpha).  I've got Fairy to 4 stars in this account and she's quite handy but not outstanding.  She pushed Edna to omega, but I'm not sure it was a good move.  Fairy should be a great beta girl at 5 stars though (maybe even alpha).

Hey, I wish she had a name!  She's too cute and pretty for words just to be addressed, "Hi, Fairy!"  After all, the kodama has the name, Sylvia.  Right now I'm in the quest of Hamelin Town where Kalissa joins my harem.  She's not worth much to me since she's charm (yeah, yet another 5 star charm girl).  I have only Marina to collect, but she's been slow to drop.  I still have Sylvia to collect from Sylvanus and I might go back to try for her if I look like being beaten by Bremen.  The real downside of getting so many girls, though, is the cost of upgrading them and levelling them all up.  Like a lot of other players who have posted images of their harems I have my latest 5 girls sitting at 0 affection.

Well, I'm sorry, I can't figure out what's going wrong for you guys. I don't mean to sound full of myself, but I'm tearing it up in the arena with girls that aren't maxed affection, and the omega not even matching my specialty. Nearly 250 affection each, which is a combined value of about $750k. Name's aaaaa (creative, isn't it?) if you want to look at my team and gear.

5 minutes ago, aaaaaaaacccc said:

Well, I'm sorry, I can't figure out what's going wrong for you guys. I don't mean to sound full of myself, but I'm tearing it up in the arena with girls that aren't maxed affection, and the omega not even matching my specialty. Nearly 250 affection each, which is a combined value of about $750k. Name's aaaaa (creative, isn't it?) if you want to look at my team and gear.

Yes, you are full of yourself.  I was doing quite well, too, at your stage in the game.  Call it beginner's luck or encouragement if you like, but it does get harder as HH put up more and better equipped players against you.  Something to look forward to, then we'll see how you feel.  In those early stages, the ability to inflict and withstand critical damage doesn't seem to matter as much as it does later on.  Try battling one of three players when your own ego is 67k and they are 88k, 90k and 110k.  There's not much show of a win here, even if their battle stats are on a par with mine because I start off at a 21k+ ego disadvantage.  If they're at or near the same level as me then I take it on the chin; they're better, fair and square.  But if they're lvl 10-15 (or even 20) higher than me I ask how this is a fair contest.  And it can cost me 31 mojo points for the privilege of putting my head on the chopping block for them.

So often, with the ranking system as it is, I face this situation.  But then again I can face a row of three opponent choices where I have more of a show of winning, and I usually do, unless they get lucky critical damage attacks against me at a crucial phase in the battle.  All in all I've done quite well and I got first place in the last contest that included winning arena battles.  That doesn't mean to say I can't criticise the fairness of the system as it's been set up and I feel for those players who are constantly facing losses.

Yes, and it's okay for you to argue about the fairness of affection bonuses when you have all three girls to upgrade.  However, how is this fair on players who have toiled to max out their girls' affection to be forewarned in a pending battle that we stand to win 5 affection points, only to miss out on them because the girls on their teams are maxed out - as they ought to be?  Why not give us the choice of girls we assign affection bonuses to?

Yes, to be quite blunt, there is a lot wrong with the arena system and it's a whole lot of little flaws adding up to a great big stuff up in the design.  Too much tinkering and not enough of the back to the drawing board.

51 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

It sounds like you're one of those lucky, lucky hardcore players who got the new girl.  Congrats!  I haven't been so lucky as yet.  If you can max out her affection, and fairy too, you might be able to give Bunny a much deserved rest (assuming, like most hardcore players, you still have her as your alpha). 

3 star legend girl is better HC than 5 star Bunny so i switched her to Alpha.

I wasn't lucky, IIRC it took 391 tries to get her, blew all my koban. I am however fortunate. Double plus so as it seems when playing around, Alpha is by far and away more important than Beta and Omega. Having that extra 8% of HC points over charm points for the number 1 charm girl is multiplied when you look at the importance of the number 1 girl. Makes up for the lesser Beta and Omega.

Which segways into my next point.

I completely swtiched my team strategy.

Alpha is still Legend girl, my best HC.

I switched Beta and Omega to Ankyo and Ed Battler, my number 3 and 4 girls both 5 star currently at 3. I have my first 2 girls at 5 star Bunny and whats her face.

I find the stats don't really move enough to care [I am level 113 and lucky enough to get a hc only legendary item which helps].

In about 3 weeks I should get them to 4 star [I play a lot, I have no life] with no affection items. By then Fairy will come in and I can put her in play to level up.

20 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

Yes, you are full of yourself.  I was doing quite well, too, at your stage in the game

I am level 113 and it does seem my opponents are pretty weak.

A lot of them have suboptimal girls, Items that don't match with their primary stat and it probably helps that in the market I bought up my HC to max [as well as the other two preparing for changes to PvP that were announced and extra defense doesn't hurt].

I do lose but it is extremely rare that I don't have the best stats, it is also rare that their stats even approach mine.

I was going to ask, at what level to players start playing optimally. I'd have to assume that by 200th level most players would have researched how to game the fights or dropped out.

22 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

Try battling one of three players when your own ego is 67k and they are 88k, 90k and 110k.

And all of a sudden everything makes sense. We never will see how I feel in that situation because at my "beginner's" level I have 74k ego. I get opponents 15 levels higher than me, too, and it's extremely rare they break 90k ego. I acknowledge that hardcore is at a pretty big disadvantage right now, unless you get your hands on Levitya, but if you're consistently at a 21k ego deficiency then the problem is not with the system, it's with your character.

1 minute ago, aaaaaaaacccc said:

And all of a sudden everything makes sense. We never will see how I feel in that situation because at my "beginner's" level I have 74k ego. I get opponents 15 levels higher than me, too, and it's extremely rare they break 90k ego. I acknowledge that hardcore is at a pretty big disadvantage right now, unless you get your hands on Levitya, but if you're consistently at a 21k ego deficiency then the problem is not with the system, it's with your character.

I didn't say I'm consistently at a 21k deficiency and I do okay, but I'm not the only one who thinks the system is broken and unfair.  I'm interested to know how you could have an ego of 74k at your stage in the game.  You don't seem to have much equipment to boost it and your girls are at a basic level of affection (and their levels could not be maxed out to much).  Maybe, as you imply, our character is set from the start and that's what we're stuck with.

Raising your attack stat also raises endurance. 5 KH = 37 endurance. Don't bother with gear that boosts endurance you get a much better return on a single-stat item. That rainbow item I have I only wear because I haven't come across something with more KH yet.

Ego.png

My alpha is maxed out on xp, not the others. And 4 star Samane is an excellent alpha, at level 400 she would have 3344 KH vs 5 star Fairy's 3300 HC. I hope you get Levitya.

Edited by aaaaaaaacccc

1 minute ago, aaaaaaaacccc said:

Raising your attack stat also raises endurance. 5 KH = 37 endurance. Don't bother with gear that boosts endurance you get a much better return on a single-stat item. That rainbow item I have I only wear because I haven't come across something with more KH yet.

Ego.png

Oh very good, but none of this would raise your ego level to 71k and this is linked to endurance anyway - at least in the stats.  I agree re. endurance and I sell all the endurance items I get.  I'd like to know how your critical damage was maxed out at 25% when you don't have any equipment that boosts it, unless you've used epic jujube berry boosters in all four slots.  I don't use boosters anymore as I find they have little benefit at my stage in the game.  You'll find the same.  Maxing out ALL your girls' XP levels (not just your battle team) also boosts ego as much as it can go at the time, but this is really hard as you get more girls.  You get a bonus for upping their XP and it's calculated on the total XP for all your girls.  I'm trying to do that, but it's hard.  Epic books help a lot and they're not too expensive.

You can see my empty booster slots in the above pic. Rainbow items give a boost to crit. My one item gives +9.81 crit. I've been wearing it so long that I don't know what my crit would be without it.

Ego = Endurance + 11 * Alpha's specialty stat. So in my case 58945 + 11 * 1379.4 = 74118.4 .  My harem level is 2408 giving me 2454 endurance. Only Samane is at max level, 21 out of my 53 girls are at level 1.

ego2.png

I did a check and, yes, in one account I've had around 800k worth of affection added to my tally since I had a good few rounds of victories.  So a small correction to my somewhat exagerated earlier claims.  This is from a fairly low ego base vis a vis other opponents.  So it's not to be sneezed at.  However, I still contend that affection bonuses should be applied across the board and not dependent upon whether or not all my team has been fully upgraded.  I still say this is a flaw in the system.

I used these bonuses to upgrade Levitya's affection, not because it makes sense from a battle perspective (it doesn't in the account where I've upgraded her), but because I'm just too curious to see her affection scenes and profile images.  I suspect she has some kind of lesbian thing going with Abrael, as has been the trend lately among all the girls, even Princess Agate who claimed to be a determined hetero and NOT bi.  I lack willpower as I need to upgrade Samane and make a final upgrade to Red Battler's affection.  But there you are... Curiosity killed the cat!

2 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

I did a check and, yes, in one account I've had around 800k worth of affection added to my tally since I had a good few rounds of victories.  So a small correction to my somewhat exagerated earlier claims.  This is from a fairly low ego base vis a vis other opponents.  So it's not to be sneezed at.  However, I still contend that affection bonuses should be applied across the board and not dependent upon whether or not all my team has been fully upgraded.  I still say this is a flaw in the system.

I used these bonuses to upgrade Levitya's affection, not because it makes sense from a battle perspective (it doesn't in the account where I've upgraded her), but because I'm just too curious to see her affection scenes and profile images.  I suspect she has some kind of lesbian thing going with Abrael, as has been the trend lately among all the girls, even Princess Agate who claimed to be a determined hetero and NOT bi.  I lack willpower as I need to upgrade Samane and make a final upgrade to Red Battler's affection.  But there you are... Curiosity killed the cat!

None of this makes sense.  One minute you're a beginner now you're at level 165 with Samane as your alpha.  What's going on here?  Unless, like me, you have multiple accounts.

3 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

Oh very good, but none of this would raise your ego level to 71k and this is linked to endurance anyway - at least in the stats.  I agree re. endurance and I sell all the endurance items I get.  I'd like to know how your critical damage was maxed out at 25% when you don't have any equipment that boosts it, unless you've used epic jujube berry boosters in all four slots.  I don't use boosters anymore as I find they have little benefit at my stage in the game.  You'll find the same.  Maxing out ALL your girls' XP levels (not just your battle team) also boosts ego as much as it can go at the time, but this is really hard as you get more girls.  You get a bonus for upping their XP and it's calculated on the total XP for all your girls.  I'm trying to do that, but it's hard.  Epic books help a lot and they're not too expensive.

Lol you don't know that endurance is linked with ego for every main stat you buy in the market your endurance increases by 7.5 which in turn increases your ego by 7.5 so just buying 1000 stats increases your ego by 7,500 and buying stats also increases crit% so you don't even need to equip any crit items to reach the max level of 25% crit.

Edited by Asura King

3 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

I don't have any crit items or crit boosters equipped but I maxed my crit to 25% when I'm like at level 100 or so by buying my main stats in market

3.PNG