Strategy. Share yours.

Some other guy

Money.

I get 48*13.5 from battles, almost 60K from girls and I play often so say about 300 to 360K a day, plus daily missions and about 25 or 30 wins in battle. I am now level 114.

I max out my bought stats in the market. I used to just max out Hard Core but it seems recent PvP will give more important so I slogged through and now all three or maxed. So every level I click 19 or 20 times and reach the new max. About 400k per level, I level up about once a day, I kinda hope leveling slows down.

I then buy all the common books to I don't waste too much going beyond xp levels, it's cheap. I might buy some better ones so I can level someone asap if there is a contest.

After that, if I see a legendary item or a better epic item that is HC I jump on it. I am tempted to go for rainbow items to prepared for changes in PvP but who knows how long it will take for those changes to come and and they are expensive. Legend items are about 250K, epics 60K from memory.

Then I bank everything.

I try to get enough savings to buy up my stats when I level and be able to go through my current and the next "scroll" in the adventures as being unable to spend energy because you don't have the cash would suck. Forest will seem to take about 150K a day, the further ones take longer to run through so say 100K a day.

Anything beyond that. I'll spend a bit to score second to forth place on missions that require spending and Pachinko. Not too much though.

I level up new girls to level three as it isn't too costly.

Everything else to leveling the legend girl and fairy and any 3 stars who are on my fight team who have the needed affection to level up from fights.

Teams

I used to keep my best three HC in my team but now I use my new legend girl who is my best as Alpha and I use my two cheapest girls [3 and 4, Red Battler and the Ankyo] to level up. I find the decline in combat ability is almost none so meh why not. I will probably sub in Fairy especially if those rewards from leaderboarding come in. Omega slot will probably stay for leveling up 3 star to 5 star girls starting with the cheapest. I battle a lot, Can probably get a good 100 points of affection a day so RB and Ank should take about 70 days to level up without affection items.

Kobans

I'll use them to get the next legend girl who is HC. Otherwise I will save them until I can collect all the droppable girls and then use them on epics to get the rest. No point using 900/5400 coin to get a girl I could get from a boss. I might change my mind later on, on this.

I avoid event girls because I don't really care and most of them are just variants of other girls and that sort of bugs me. In the past I did go for them if one was really good [cupid-chan] but my team is such that I don't need to anymore. I'd rather pound on the boss de jour for more cash and to finish off as many of his girls as possible.

So far I am doing alright. In PvP on the battle section I almost never lose and even less am I outclassed. I've seen only one who was straight up superior to me in stats, even with my beta and omega slots suboptimal. Everything else in the game is easy peasy.

So judge me, mention your rules or algorithms for playing. [Who knew Al Gore had rhythm.]

Edited by Some other guy
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Some other guy said:

I max out my bought stats in the market.

Very good idea.

I try to get enough savings to buy up my stats when I level and be able to go through my current and the next "scroll" in the adventures as being unable to spend energy because you don't have the cash would suck. Forest will seem to take about 150K a day, the further ones take longer to run through so say 100K a day.

If you go to the wiki http://harem-battle.club/wiki/Harem-Heroes you can see that the most expensive scroll is still just under one million so I decided to say 'One Million Is The New Zero' meaning if I go into the market and buying anything would bring me under the million then I don't buy it. Same goes for buying the affectionscenes. This way it doesn't matter how much something in the story will cost me, I have a million, I can afford it.

After that, if I see a legendary item or a better epic item that is HC I jump on it. I am tempted to go for rainbow items to prepared for changes in PvP but who knows how long it will take for those changes to come and and they are expensive. Legend items are about 250K, epics 60K from memory.

The changes are almost finished and I guess they finally will be at the end of April. See this thread:

bout 400k per level, I level up about once a day, I kinda hope leveling slows down.

Don't worry, it slows down. Right now I'm at maybe one level every 2 days.

Edited by GameRaven
addition

"Strategy" #1: complete the story.
"Strategy" #2: collect as many girls as possible.
"Strategy" #3: collect as much money as possible to upgrade the collected girls to max amount of stars.

Rinse and repeat.

That's my basic gameplay. When it comes to my stats, I just buy mono-stat equipment in my specialty and in battle I use Abraël fully upgraded as alpha, and random girls that need affection on beta and omega. Well, not entirely random, as they are Kalissa and Lenaëlle xD

• Haha 1

Not sure how you have money to upgrade your stats in the shop, I literally need all the money I earn to buy affection items and upgrade the girls I get - and every 1-2 month I have enough money to even think about upgradeing the girls that have more than 3 affection levels. Stat upgrade in the shop are not too important anyway as battles are decided by specialization and crits - an extra 5k ego barely has any effect.
I also would not ever spend any money on pachinko since they made it so much less reliable, I literally did not do pachinko ever since they changed the expected value (with the revamp of affection system ~9 month ago). I also would not spend too much money on items, usually it is enough if you buy items that improve your stats by 200 or more - not sure why you think that rainbow gear is good or will be good. Single stat equipment is by far the best for pve and pvp and even with the potential pvp changes it most likely will be or maybe you want to switch to dual stat gear with your main stat and on set with main stat+your weakness (possibly not, but rainbow gear will not be good with the informations we have right now).

Edited by wthvr

• Run the Story
  • Run Events
  • Run Daily missions
  • I do NOT spend Kobans on anything other than 10x Epic Pachinko. Not for refills, not to end timers, not for anything
  • (Currently my budget allows me Monthly Card and the 20USD Koban package)
  • I do have legendary gear on my character, but I don't really care about PvP, so I get to save all my money not bothering to purchase stats. I did a few early when I first joined, I now don't bother
  • I stopped buying gear
  • I stopped buying Boosters
  • I stopped regular Pachinko except for the Daily Free spin, because…, FREE
  • I now do not bother buying less than Epic books
  • I now do not bother buying less than Epic Gifts, but mainly Legendary
  • I now do not buy anything which will make my money dip below the last 500K milestone
  • I watch the Contests for what I have a good chance of placing at least 4th, if not first
  • Between events, if no Contests need Boss Battles, I go back to lower Bosses to max them out.
  • I hold back on leveling up and upgrading new girls until useful for Contest 
  • I only level up to max my battle team when I reach a 10th level
  • I'll level up other girls to at least 20 points under that
  • While I currently have a proper Know How battle team to help test the last few updates, because I don't care about PvP I'm free to use my favorite girls. Currently, my dream battle line up is for all three girls to be versions of Sheherazade since her tribe-sisters are identical I can headcanon I have several of them. With Spring Shehera, I'm ⅔ there.
  •  I watch the timer on Market, and if close enough to rolling over, I'll hold back on collecting Missions so I can take advantage of the selection from the rollover. Then collect, level up, and revisit the Market for the next set of goods.
  • I watch my level when about to rollover onto the next 10th level, also not collecting Missions so I can be sure to only level up when my Energy is at Zero, so that I'm getting a full 100 points from the game. Then I collect mission XPs to level up
  • Between Events, not knowing in advance exactly when a new Event is about to start, I keep Combativity counter at 18 or 19 points when approaching RESET, so I can see if an Event starts and I can have a pre-loaded combatuivity
  • IF I'm around, I'll do Arena since it's free, but I don't care about the results. If I win, nice, if I lose, oh well, because I don't care about how I rank compared to other players. I'm here to get girls for *my* harem. I can be last on the Tower, I could be first (unlikely!), matters not to me, so earning or losing Mojo is meaningless. Or any other Tower-tracked ranking.
  • Thanks 1

In my opinion there really isn't much strategy involved with this game anymore which I think is a shame. For example: do you go for boss fights or do you concentrate on arena battles? Nowadays you can do both.

Of course there's still some left such as planning when to upgrade your girls' XP (if you care about events) but other than that... Speaking of those events: most are now also heavily influenced by paying, so... Strategy? Or just grinding for money and then paying as much as you can to win a few kobans?

I had a set strategy and a fine balance in fights but these days I stopped caring about that. Also because there have been some serious game changes in between, some even fully unannounced, and that takes the fun in a game away from me. Don't change the rules of a game during gameplay, most definitely not unannounced.

So my strategy is simple: a few boss battles every once in a while to get money, sometimes an arena fight, and that's it :)

9 hours ago, Some other guy said:

<snip>

Great topic!

Girls:
I'm playing this game for the girls first and foremost, so a lot of my strategy revolves around having them join me and getting them leveled up. My primary focus is on getting them to join, so during each event I go all-in versus the appropriate bosses to acquire the new girls. I've used this strategy successfully to acquire every boss-drop event girl available to me (first event I was around for I couldn't get to Donatien for travel Arcana in time) and almost every standard drop girl since last August's event. (see kobans section). 

I am actively pushing every girl in my harem to at least level 3 affection, then working to upgrade the remaining 4/5 star girls. Kalissa, Lenaelle, Fairy, and Levitya will be the order I pursue them in (charm player here!). I've been sitting on Samane needing 19M to upgrade for awhile and am saving towards that for the next week or so to finally finish her last upgrade. At 71 girls, the newer ones take a large amount of resources to push to 3 stars. Right now, free affection items (from battle and activities) are all that are given to the girls. 

I'm not concerned with XP outside of Abreal, my alpha. My beta and gamma are there to gain affection and level a little faster. 

Money: 
While I could be fighting Finalmecia for a better cash-payout, I am (again) primarily focused on the girls. I'm currently all-in fighting Donatien to have Pelagie join me. She will be the final boss-girl to join my harem until the next world opens. Once she joins, I'll be grinding Finalmecia for cash for upgrades. When I'm working on upgrading girls, I will spend cash until I am out if it means upgrading or getting needed affection. I have often run my cash to under $5K in pursuit of this.

At 71 girls, a full charge of cash is worth $172K, but I collect around 70K/hour during the day. Between battles, events, and girls, I'm pulling around $2.5M/day. I'm not worried, in this regard, about being unable to pay for a quest advancement... I just will wait for an hour or two when needed. 

Kobans + Contests: 
Not actively pursuing contest victories, but I look and will push towards a 4th+ finish if I'm close near the end. EXP contests are easier for me since I battle frequently, boss contests are tougher since I'm not going for Finalmecia's cash. I spend few kobans on fight refreshes, and only then during events. Mostly during the last few days, except for "topping off" after a nights rest sometimes (at minimal cost). I've been saving the bulk of my kobans for the anniversary event later this summer and have 31K in the bank. I don't buy kobans, except for the monthly card kobans. The cash collection feature of that is too powerful to pass up, and I'm happy to offer some financial support to the devs. I did expend around 2K for Levitya at the start of the current event, a splurge for me. 

I'm hoping to have enough in the bank for 100 single spins during the anniversary to test my luck. :D

Since I started playing I've hit every activity and gotten every single koban available. The monthly koban rate including the card is around 7K -- 6300 / 30 days + event rewards. 

Battle:
Since the latest patch, my best girl for my stat is my alpha, Abrael, and she is no longer manually leveled due to the XP for battles. She quickly makes it back to even with my level. My beta and omega girls are and will be the ones most in need of affection leveling -- currently Lenaelle (2 stars) and Levitya (1 star). The affection gains for a day of battle and victory are small, but add up to around 300K worth of affection items between the two of them per day. I win 2 out of 3 battles per round on average. I don't use boosters, but am keeping them in case their sell value increases again. They used to be worth a bunch of cash to sell!

Battle Pro-tip: I leave a window with the game on the battle screen open at home while I'm at work. I have some flexibility to check in on my phone (on 4G) so I'm guaranteed the battles refresh every 30 minutes to maximize my battling. 

Stats: 
I try not to push stats too much, as the costs rise quickly and the cash could be spent towards the girls. As it is, I upgrade primary stat items if one provides a better-than 100 point increase. I raise my primary stat around 10/day... slower than the rate of level gain. It costs me 5K/stat point increase currently. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wthvr said:

Not sure how you have money to upgrade your stats in the shop, I literally need all the money I earn to buy affection items and upgrade the girls I get - and every 1-2 month I have enough money to even think about upgradeing the girls that have more than 3 affection levels. Stat upgrade in the shop are not too important anyway as battles are decided by specialization and crits - an extra 5k ego barely has any effect.
I also would not ever spend any money on pachinko since they made it so much less reliable, I literally did not do pachinko ever since they changed the expected value (with the revamp of affection system ~9 month ago). I also would not spend too much money on items, usually it is enough if you buy items that improve your stats by 200 or more - not sure why you think that rainbow gear is good or will be good. Single stat equipment is by far the best for pve and pvp and even with the potential pvp changes it most likely will be or maybe you want to switch to dual stat gear with your main stat and on set with main stat+your weakness (possibly not, but rainbow gear will not be good with the informations we have right now).

When I started they didn't have the 20/100 limit on costs for upgrading girls so I avoided getting them as much as possible using my combat points for battle not bosses except to collect required items. I guess that set me up pretty good to start. I am level 114 and only have 23 girls. I donno, I seem to have spare cash floating around. I am lucky if a boss drops a girl once a week although I got two on back to back days once. About 650K from boss battles, another say 350 from harem. 200 from missions and battle, that would be 1.2 million. With all the battles not only was I not picking up girls, I was getting a lot of affection items which I am only now running shortish on. 400K for stat upgrades, 150K for adventures, items are rarely bought. That leaves about 600K for upping girls. At 20 girls that would be enough to 3 star a girl every 4 or so days ignoring found affection items. If I played less often and when girl hunting when I started playing I could see falling behind.

Pachinko is only for contests, 7 free koban at my level for getting 2 to 4th place.

Rainbow items are crap, now. When they remove the 25% limit for critical and when they improve the impact of your non primary stats on combat they could be better than single stat epics by how much depending on how much the change the secondary stats. It's been announced. I still don't bother getting them, will wait till it's announced.

• Run Daily missions to get free Kobans / items, sell every non legendary item and normal boosters
  • Run Story
  • Fight latest possible boss to max level for max money / or Fight bosses in order until they drop all the girls (currently not doing this)
  • -> Spend all money on Affection items mostly / XP books rarely
  • When having enough Affection to fully upgrade a girl -> Upgrade it
  • Do free Pachinko (sometimes I miss the right time to use free Pachinko and it's very ineffective - one per 2 days)
  • Save Kobans for later (and later waste all for the Legendary girl)
  • Do PvP whenever to get stuff. A daily mission usually takes 2 days in my case.

Pretty much that.

• Thanks 1

I was going to 3 star every girl as I get them as it was easy to keep up but I was thinking about it.

Takes a 1000 or so days for a 3 star to pay off if you buy affection items with cash. Leveling anyone is no longer worth it after 20 girls on a cash basis.

So now after maxing my skill purchases in the market, buying items once in a while and adventure costs I will plow everything into getting legendary girl and then fairy to 5 star and then go back to 3 star everyone else and then I'll 4 and 5 star the rest with any excess.

• Like 1

My style is very similar to Masters'.

• first: do everything that has a timer
    • free pachinko
    • arena
      • fight all three; ignore mojo losses since they've yet to matter
      • if I know I'll be on the computer 30 more minutes, set a timer to revisit arena
    • harem income
    • activities
      • save longest mission for when I go to bed
    • market
      • buy anything that upgrades one of my slots by at least 10%
      • pump my main stat by about 15 or so (low priority)
  • second: do nearly everything else
    • advance story
    • contest
      • if close to finish and I can get 1-4th place, use money on that
    • if money permits, upgrade a girl's affection
      • most of my harem is 5-6k away from a third star, aside from the arena team
  • third: boss management
    • if event girls are still droppable, beat their bosses until it does
    • if girls are droppable and event is about to end, decide whether to spend kobans on refresh (I only did this twice since I started, for Levitya)
    • if no girls are droppable, beat boss just enough to keep the boss timer running
  • fourth: periodic housecleaning
    • every evening, record my rankings for fun
    • swap in a new arena girl to keep the xp / affection flowing
    • go through my gear and sell anything inferior
  • fifth: eventually, end game
    • no more story advancement
    • farm remaining droppable boss girls
    • after they're done, start using kobans on 10x epic pachinko, possibly waiting for events

No boosters. Very little use of books on girls now that arena awards XP.

Note that no actual money is spent doing this. Long term, I might decide to buy the monthly card or donate via Patreon, but that will depend on disposable cash.

If I don't get an event girl in time, I don't sweat it. Revivals happen, and new girls are appearing all the time.