Battle Arena Issues - A RANT

It used to be that the leaderboard was based on mojo, and then the admins changed everything. This not only changed the mojo, but also changed the goals of the game. And Now the mojo is only gained/lost via the Battle Arena. The biggest issue  I have with mojo right now is that I don't decide my own mojo. The arena opponents are not decided by me. I'm given options, sure, but I'm quite certain they are pre calculated to cause a loss/win as determined by game algorithm/code.

I tend to choose opponents well below my Ego level so as to somewhat assure my victory, HOWEVER, somehow SOMEHOW these people will get 3 or even 4 critical hits in a row. The 4th may have been due to reaching 100% (aka orgasm) but Even the chance of getting 3 critical hits in a row is maximum of 0.25x0.25x0.25 = 1.5625%. Anyone who's fought in the arena knows they've encountered this more than 1.5% of the times.

Another flaw in this system is that if you lose from an opponent with lower Ego, which by design you will, you end up losing WAY more mojo than you would've received had you won. So you might be fighting an opponent which if you win, you'll get 5 mojo, and if you lose you'd lose 25-32 mojo. The risk/reward is not worth it in this case it seems. Sure there are items, but even those aren't worth it.

Let me explain. The daily quest rewards 100% makes sense for small level players, but your senior, experience, and loyal players will only end up selling the items at 1/6th the price (except for affection items/gifts). These items will never be as good as the legendary and epic items MOST players are already equipped with at higher levels. And then there's the cash reward after beating 16 opponents, which considering the ACTUAL time and energy spent playing the game, seems miniscule. I don't know if it's proportional to the level but that 66K doesn't seem worth it more and more everyday.

Proposed solutions:

This is a brainstorm of ideas. Remove mojo entirely, OR provide mojo from troll battles, OR show risk/reward stat before fighting an opponent in arena for mojo and whatever we may lose. Bring back a system where we can choose our own opponents from the leaderboard,... perhaps a limited number of battles per 30 mins, but at least we get to CHOOSE who we fight. Guarantee epic/legendary item wins after 8, 16, or 20 wins. Give an option to sell items immediately without using the item at the market price, this would not only make the arena a bit more worth it, but also would increase the usage of pahcinko.

This has been a rant but I hope you take some ideas seriously as I clearly got frustrated enough to type this all out, I'm sure there are others who feel the same. We need a reason to participate player vs player. Right now we are participating player vs computer algorithms. Thanks for reading/listening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You fight people your level. That group of people will tend to have a certain level of mojo.

If your mojo goes too fat beyond that level you will get punished for losing. Your mojo drops.

As your mojo drops you get less punished and more rewarded for losses and wins.

I used to pick opponents strategically based on how likely I would win and the mojo cost gain [32-mojo gains = mojo loss]. When I gave up doing that my mojo tanked hard. But now I am entering fights where I get 8 15 even 20 mojo if I win and likewise much less of a loss when I lose.

When they introduce rewards like contests for things like mojo I'll play a bit more carefully, and I'll have a better chance now that I've tanked my mojo a bit.

So I'm not being paranoid ;) 

I'm bouncing in the ToF roughly between rank 50 and 120 (currently on my way down). The higher my rank, the more likely I will lose against almost every pushover comming my way - Kinkoid-'balancing' at work? As my ranking isn't that important to me, I don't care for tactics (I take on every fight and admittedly have won several, I didn't expect to), which wouldn't help anyway, as those losses are so highly improbable, that I had to cease fighting at all to avoid them. It's getting quite frustrating to watch opponents, who wouldn't normally pose any thread, score one crit after the other - honestly, I would prefer to lose more often against opponents who are actually stronger than me.

I've decided to use the arena merely as a training ground for the girls and forget about the ranking.

• Like 1

On 02/04/2018 at 6:08 PM, randomplayer said:

I don't know why some of the players are worried about mojo right now. It literally does NOTHING. 

The only thing I care is to get the reward from the wins, and who cares if I end up losing a lot of mojo.

to say mojo is worthless is to avoid the issue. Perhaps its not worth something to you, but it is to me and probably many others.

7 hours ago, RandyRoy said:

So I'm not being paranoid ;) 

I'm bouncing in the ToF roughly between rank 50 and 120 (currently on my way down). The higher my rank, the more likely I will lose against almost every pushover comming my way - Kinkoid-'balancing' at work? As my ranking isn't that important to me, I don't care for tactics (I take on every fight and admittedly have won several, I didn't expect to), which wouldn't help anyway, as those losses are so highly improbable, that I had to cease fighting at all to avoid them. It's getting quite frustrating to watch opponents, who wouldn't normally pose any thread, score one crit after the other - honestly, I would prefer to lose more often against opponents who are actually stronger than me.

I've decided to use the arena merely as a training ground for the girls and forget about the ranking.

What else are you willing to give up? How much is the game going to change? At some point this game won't be a game any longer. It's losing the fun part.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, t6gear said:

to say mojo is worthless is to avoid the issue. Perhaps its not worth something to you, but it is to me and probably many others.

It's worth nothing for the game, not only for me. It not give you girls, not give you money, nor items of all sort.

Perhaps it should be removed entirely, because as it is it only causes frustration. Or should be revamped by giving it an actual purpose like weekly/monthly prizes, and made it simpler.

It is true that a small percentage of the battles are won or lost simply according to the random number generator but this is only a small percentage, this forces you to take maximum precautions (I mean to have maximum stats and decide not to fight battles with very high possibility of loss) if you want to be in top mojo. The normal thing is that you will win if you have higher stats. The gain and loss of mojo differs depending on your ranked and your adversary at that time, you gain little mojo if you're in a much higher rank and vice versa.

Currently the mojo is useless (to show off? :P guess like those thread when someone get a girl ...), but I hope soon put some kind of prize in addition to the other ratings, I think I've read it somewhere :)

1 hour ago, randomplayer said:

Or should be revamped by giving it an actual purpose like weekly/monthly prizes, and made it simpler.

I believe they are doing that at some point. Almost half tempted to tank my mojo down hard to make it easier for when there is some real return.