Patch Notes 25/04/18 Discussion

as far as I can tell, the following happens:
the one with the dominance get's a 1.2 multiplier applied to their harmony before calculating the new percentages.

however, there's something going wrong with said percentages, because they don't add up to 50% anymore.

• Thanks 1

Man, that's exactly the situation that makes me feel they're doing things kind of loosey goosey. 

Posting the patch notes on Monday adding a bunch of (almost) nothing, and then adding a substantial change in the game on Wednesday.

At least the stats bug on items was corrected.

• Haha 1

I just don't understand the arena stats and how they are arrived at.  Ego has been slashed, but I've been left far worse off than my opponents (it wasn't the case before).  What did I do wrong that they didn't?  I tried to understand the patch notes, but I can't make head nor tail of them.  Maybe I'm just thick!

It seems we need a degree in pure mathematics (or be a computer nerd) and have a calculator on hand to work with the system as it has evolved.  I'll wait to see how the changes have affected my ability to defeat the strongest trolls.  This will be the acid test because, as it was before, I was facing real problems in my hardcore accounts defeating Finalmecia once she is close to being fully levelled up in these two games.

I hope there's been a compensatory improvement in the quality of equipment on offer at the market.  For hardcore players, this has been pretty lousy (and very expensive!) for some time, especially with harmony factored in.

Regarding girls, I'm hopeful that hardcore stats for the only three 5 star world reward girls available (including Ankyo) have been rebalanced to restore fairness to the game.  For instance (in attack power): keep Bunny as she is, increase Ankyo from the pathetic 3 star girl level as she is now to Princess Agate's (9k), increase Fairy to 11.1k (the same as Samane and Abrael).  Don't bother to factor in Levitya because many hardcore players weren't lucky enough to get her as 52 pages of mostly vitriol would testify.

Regarding Ninja Agate (or Agathe), Yay!!  She is so mysteriously hot and sexy (I felt this right from the start when she appeared with Jennie's sister), but with so many girls in EP now the chances of getting her are much diluted.  But then that's part of the fun of the game...

Just now, Adrian'smole said:

I just don't understand the arena stats and how they are arrived at.  Ego has been slashed, but I've been left far worse off than my opponents (it wasn't the case before).  What did I do wrong that they didn't?  I tried to understand the patch notes, but I can't make head nor tail of them.  Maybe I'm just thick!

Last week's patch changed the way equipment contributed to ego - it was meant to be 5x for main stat equipment (same as before) and additionally new 2x for secondary stat equipment, but the multipliers accidentally ended up as 10x and 4x instead (and that's been fixed today). So everybody who equipped mostly single main stat equipment received a huge boost last week, which is gone again now. Players with more balanced builds were/are less affected, both by last week's change and this week's fix. Players who equip a lot of secondary stat equipment are now better off than they were two weeks ago.

• Thanks 1

Just an update as things have affected me.  As I was playing my three opponents' egos went down too (an in-game adjustment).  The selection of players wasn't refreshed; there was 16 minutes left before this was due.  Weird!  Anyway, maybe I can breathe a sigh of relief and get back to being competitive.

5 minutes ago, shalalin said:

Last week's patch changed the way equipment contributed to ego - it was meant to be 5x for main stat equipment (same as before) and additionally new 2x for secondary stat equipment, but the multipliers accidentally ended up as 10x and 4x instead (and that's been fixed today). So everybody who equipped mostly single main stat equipment received a huge boost last week, which is gone again now. Players with more balanced builds were/are less affected, both by last week's change and this week's fix. Players who equip a lot of secondary stat equipment are now better off than they were two weeks ago.

and now I am sry I accidently sold my best/last purchased/top of the list rainbow item. lol

Edited by dirty harry
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, shalalin said:

Okay, thanks.  You've actually made this clear.  I've been using a lot of legendary multi-stat equipment which had penalised me significantly before, as I now understand.  I got most of the good stuff playing 10X Epic pachinko, but, thankfully, I hadn't sold it.  Whew!  As it was, I just didn't understand how I went from being moderately competitive in my HC accounts to being down the drain.  I had decided not to take part in this event in order to concentrate on upgrading my few HC girls I can competitively use in battle, but things may not be so urgent anymore.  Thanx again.

Just a head's up to everybody.
I've reported a bug in the new dominance scheme.

The dominant player gets a 20% boost in harmony.
That change is visible in the battle screen before clicking the battle button.
The one with dominance should have 1.2xharmony there.

When you are dominant or when nobody is dominant, everything is working out fine.
When your opponent is dominant, his/her percentage is correct, but your percentage is too low.
Your percentage is equal to (your harmony)/((your harmony) + 1.2 x (your opponent's boosted harmony)) x 50% (so their harmony is now boosted by 1.2x1.2=1.44, instead of 1.2 when calculating your percentage only).
You can easily spot this, because then the harmony's combined are less than 50%.
So in fact, you are being disadvantaged right now until they fix it, when facing someone with a specialty your specialty is weak against.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

When you are dominant or when nobody is dominant, everything is working out fine.
When your opponent is dominant, his/her percentage is correct, but your percentage is too low.
Your percentage is equal to (your harmony)/((your harmony) + 1.2 x (your opponent's boosted harmony)) x 50% (so their harmony is now boosted by 1.2x1.2=1.44, instead of 1.2 when calculating your percentage only).
You can easily spot this, because then the harmony's combined are less than 50%.
So in fact, you are being disadvantaged right now until they fix it, when facing someone with a specialty your specialty is weak against.

Hey, thanks for that.  Just to refresh my memory, what is the order of dominance according to class/specialty?  I found it hard to understand the triangle.

1 minute ago, Adrian'smole said:

Hey, thanks for that.  Just to refresh my memory, what is the order of dominance according to class/specialty?  I found it hard to understand the triangle.

you can hover over your specialty symbol to see it.
image.png

6 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

I wonder if this affects the actual battle or is a display issue only.

Just now, shalalin said:

I wonder if this affects the actual battle or is a display issue only.

that I do not know xD
it's hard to tell anyway, because you can have a 4:1 percentage dominance, and still get knocked out by 6 specials of your opponent to 0 of yourself.

Just now, Chthugha said:

image.png

Yes, I have seen this.  I discovered it when I accidentally hovered over the class icon.  It's still not clear to me though: does know-how surpass charm?  Does charm soften hardcore and does hardcore put pressure on know-how?  It's not that clear to me how it works and what the descriptions actually mean in the game.  I know I'm probably a bit dim!  Does it mean that if I battle (say) charm I get 20% more harmony, but that come off worse if I battle a hardcore player?  And what about a know-how opponent?  Are we equal?  Or is it all the other way around?

The other thing I'm trying to figure out is how the harmony system works while playing.  I see the hearts appearing periodically and these affect ego per hit.  For instance, the 'narcissism' heart appears to prevent loss of ego for one hit, the 'reassurance' heart seems to heal my ego to a degree that appears to depend on one's defence against attack, and the 'wild burst' heart seems like the old critical damage system and one's ego is slashed according to one's opponent's maximum attack power (I don't know how to describe it, but it's the number after the hyphen in the stats).  I still don't really know how it works though.  Depending on my opponent, regardless of the percentage of harmony he/she has, I can either be a victim of a series of wild burst attacks and lose (when I'd been in front), especially since my opponent gains benefical reassurance bonuses.  It seems random, but then again it isn't, is it.

The other thing that is hard for me to figure out is why (as a know-how player) having Princess Noemy as my beta has been such a plus.  When she comes on the relative change in ego is as follows (in one recent example I noted down): alpha only - normal diminution of my ego per hit = 9600; my opponent's diminution of ego per hit = 7900... betas (and later omegas) in play - normal diminution of my ego per hit = 8100; my opponent's diminution of ego per hit = 9000.  All things being equal I come from behind to win (even with wild burst-inflicted damage my opponent doesn't suffer).  Noemy seems to add both attack power and increases my defence.  Other players tell me this does not work and, against some opponents it doesn't if they have really good beta and omega girls (or better equipment than me).  It does go to prove, however, that choice of beta and omega on one's team is more important than given credit in some commentary, especially as battles now last longer with harmony effects factored in.

The only thing I can think of is that (of all the 5 star girls available to me) Noemy has very creditable know-how stats and they are not that far below her charm stats.  It is possible having her as beta doesn't diminish my know-how stats that much but she adds a lot to charm defence, especially in these wild burst attacks.  Is this a correct assessment?

5 minutes ago, Adrian'smole said:

Yes, I have seen this.  I discovered it when I accidentally hovered over the class icon.  It's still not clear to me though: does know-how surpass charm?  Does charm soften hardcore and does hardcore put pressure on know-how?  It's not that clear to me how it works and what the descriptions actually mean in the game.  I know I'm probably a bit dim!  Does it mean that if I battle (say) charm I get 20% more harmony, but that come off worse if I battle a hardcore player?  And what about a know-how opponent?  Are we equal?  Or is it all the other way around?

The other thing I'm trying to figure out is how the harmony system works while playing.  I see the hearts appearing periodically and these affect ego per hit.  For instance, the 'narcissism' heart appears to prevent loss of ego for one hit, the 'reassurance' heart seems to heal my ego to a degree that appears to depend on one's defence against attack, and the 'wild burst' heart seems like the old critical damage system and one's ego is slashed according to one's opponent's maximum attack power (I don't know how to describe it, but it's the number after the hyphen in the stats).  I still don't really know how it works though.  Depending on my opponent, regardless of the percentage of harmony he/she has, I can either be a victim of a series of wild burst attacks and lose (when I'd been in front), especially since my opponent gains benefical reassurance bonuses.  It seems random, but then again it isn't, is it.

The other thing that is hard for me to figure out is why (as a know-how player) having Princess Noemy as my beta has been such a plus.  When she comes on the relative change in ego is as follows (in one recent example I noted down): alpha only - normal diminution of my ego per hit = 9600; my opponent's diminution of ego per hit = 7900... betas (and later omegas) in play - normal diminution of my ego per hit = 8100; my opponent's diminution of ego per hit = 9000.  All things being equal I come from behind to win (even with wild burst-inflicted damage my opponent doesn't suffer).  Noemy seems to add both attack power and increases my defence.  Other players tell me this does not work and, against some opponents it doesn't if they have really good beta and omega girls (or better equipment than me).  It does go to prove, however, that choice of beta and omega on one's team is more important than given credit in some commentary, especially as battles now last longer with harmony effects factored in.

The only thing I can think of is that (of all the 5 star girls available to me) Noemy has very creditable know-how stats and they are not that far below her charm stats.  It is possible having her as beta doesn't diminish my know-how stats that much but she adds a lot to charm defence, especially in these wild burst attacks.  Is this a correct assessment?

look at it clockwise.
hardcore > know-how
know-how > charm
charm > hardcore.
the arrow indicates what you're strong against.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chthugha said:

image.png

My mnemonics:

In-Game terms: Hong Kong China = Hardcore > Know-How> Charm

Terms used by Devs: SEL = Shagger > Expert > Lover

I prefer the first one.

1 hour ago, Adrian'smole said:

Harmony replaced the old crit system by having specials allocated to the three different classes. The crit special is connected to your girls class (not yours) meaning that if your alpha is charm you will do narcissism (double defense), know how do reassurance (heal for 10% of max ego) and hardcore does wild burst (1,5 damage). The crit schedule goes alphas special, betas special, omegas special and then over and again. So if you have a KH alpha, a HC beta and a charm omega your first crit will do reassurance, second wild burst and third narcissim.

Your beta and omega only looks at your class main stat. So if you're KH your beta and omegas KH-stat is all that matters. This affects both attack and defense. Thusly, adding a non KH girl as beta or omega will generally result in lower defense and attack compared to having an in class girl. Don't know Noemys stats in my head, but I figure it's generally lower than actually KH girls. The only real reason to add girls from different classes as betas and omegas is to gain access to their crit special, at the expense of some attack and defense.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chthugha said:

I can concur that this leaves a disparity of about 2% less than it should be. 

3 minutes ago, Ady66 said:

Harmony replaced the old crit system by having specials allocated to the three different classes. The crit special is connected to your girls class (not yours) meaning that if your alpha is charm you will do narcissism (double defense), know how do reassurance (heal for 10% of max ego) and hardcore does wild burst (1,5 damage). The crit schedule goes alphas special, betas special, omegas special and then over and again. So if you have a KH alpha, a HC beta and a charm omega your first crit will do reassurance, second wild burst and third narcissim.

Your beta and omega only looks at your class main stat. So if you're KH your beta and omegas KH-stat is all that matters. This affects both attack and defense. Thusly, adding a non KH girl as beta or omega will generally result in lower defense and attack compared to having an in class girl. Don't know Noemys stats in my head, but I figure it's generally lower than actually KH girls. The only real reason to add girls from different classes as betas and omegas is to gain access to their crit special, at the expense of some attack and defense.

Thanks.  Sort of understandable and explains the wild burst occurrences (for and against me).  Noemy is lower than know-how girls.  Right now for me she's handy because her know-how stats are very close to Princess Agate's (both 5 stars), but significantly lower than Samane at 4 stars.  Her charm stats are naturally the highest of all three.  I don't really know why she works for me but she most definitely does (obviously not against all opponents and the ones who consistently beat me are those hardcore players who interestingly have Samane as their betas).  Because Noemy's know-how stats are almost up there relative to Princess Agate's there is not the same penalty for having her on my team as would normally be the case.

Maybe the following can explain it.  The relative stats for each at lvl 223 are as follows: Agate (5 stars - hc 892, c 892, kh 1672.5); Noemy (5 stars - hc 780.5, c 1672.5, kh 1393); Samane (4 stars - hc 1221, c 1074, kh 1856).  Once Samane is at 5 stars, things may be very different.  I'll have to swat it all up much more.  The maths involved is actually rather interesting and I'll have to check over the changes in detail to see if I can learn something handy for my game.

1 minute ago, pongo said:

thats not a problem the problem is that my ego has dropped from 75 to 51 with no explanation

Read the patchnotes and the discussion thread. Theres plenty information regarding the ego bug.

9 minutes ago, Adrian'smole said:

Thanks.  Sort of understandable and explains the wild burst occurrences (for and against me).  Noemy is lower than know-how girls.  Right now for me she's handy because her know-how stats are very close to Princess Agate's (both 5 stars), but significantly lower than Samane at 4 stars.  Her charm stats are naturally the highest of all three.  I don't really know why she works for me but she most definitely does (obviously not against all opponents and the ones who consistently beat me are those hardcore players who interestingly have Samane as their betas).  Because Noemy's know-how stats are almost up there relative to Princess Agate's there is not the same penalty for having her on my team as would normally be the case.

Maybe the following can explain it.  The relative stats for each at lvl 223 are as follows: Agate (5 stars - hc 892, c 892, kh 1672.5); Noemy (5 stars - hc 780.5, c 1672.5, kh 1393); Samane (4 stars - hc 1221, c 1074, kh 1856).  Once Samane is at 5 stars, things may be very different.  I'll have to swat it all up much more.  The maths involved is actually rather interesting and I'll have to check over the changes in detail to see if I can learn something handy for my game.

The wiki hasn't been updated since the new patch, but most of the formulas still stands if you want to see exact numbers as to how combat is calculated.

https://harem-battle.club/wiki/Harem-Heroes/HH:Battle