Automatic Skip Battle Button

Trilaws

I noticed that the battles are actually longer nowadays, since I have to wait for the skip button to pop up instead of just clicking on that position so that it immediately skips. The boss fights seem slow and it's tedious ... I'd like to be able to go through my Combativity faster. It's a real buzz-kill seeing the same fight over and over.

So here's my suggestion:

I'd like an automatic skip battle button, before you even start the battle, so that you go straight to the results. Instead of seeing part of a fight that I didn't want to bother seeing in the first place. You could split the fight button in half perhaps. Make one "auto skip" and the other "full fight" or something like that.

It shaves off some time of something which is otherwise downright tedious extra clicking. Especially when you're going through a lot of combativity...

The only thing that this change might affect is some last minute fighting for the 'activities' rankings, but that's already happening to begin with. And if people want to waste  more kobans on that, that wouldn't actually hurt the game to begin with.

I noticed this especially on mobile. Going through combat points on mobile is a breeze, normally the next page loads slightly faster than the screen can display it, so by pressing where the button normally is will input it almost immediately. But with the animation slow down, it's slightly slower than normal. This applies to the desktop version as well, like you are referring too.

However, this is only but a minor inconvenience to me. I wouldn't mind if nothing is done, but I also would like for the old animation to be put back so I can save probably like 20 seconds for 20 points. Your idea is a good suggestion, but pressing the full fight by accident would, well make me watch the full fight. There would probably be a skip button there too.

But honestly, I think just skipping the battle without even viewing the battle interface is just insulting to the developers (in my opinion, don't kill me). They work really hard to make a nice interface for us to look at it. And while the large majority of people do skip the battles, it would just be so belittling for the developers to make their interface be seen even less. If I was a developer, I would feel kinda bad for doing it.

31 minutes ago, DRSTRONGDONG said:

But honestly, I think just skipping the battle without even viewing the battle interface is just insulting to the developers (in my opinion, don't kill me). They work really hard to make a nice interface for us to look at it. And while the large majority of people do skip the battles, it would just be so belittling for the developers to make their interface be seen even less. If I was a developer, I would feel kinda bad for doing it.

You don't need to worry about the developer's feelings. They are adults, and they got paid for their work making that interface. Whether we watch it or not makes no difference to them. They had a job to do. They did it. They got their paycheck. No point reading more into it than that. 

The only thing we as players need to worry about, is whether we are getting enough enjoyment from the game for the time we put into it. We are the customers. It's the developer's job to keep us happy if they want to maximize their income. If they don't make us happy, our enjoyment/time ratio crashes, we get bored and frustrated, and we play something else.

The only feelings that matter are the customer's feelings. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I totally agree on a faster battle skipping also we already skip the fights so skipping them faster won't make the developers angry, sad or anything like that.

Also i would like to point out that no one is paying the Kinkoid team to develop this game, those guys are both the developers and the publishers and so they depend on patreon supporters for their monthly income.

The skip battle problem seems to be browser related. I use to play in firefox but a few updates ago, can't remember the exact one, the game started going really slow especially the battles. I switched to Chrome and the game runs perfectly again. Not sure why firefox was having trouble with it. Even most of those annoying error messages went away too.