1000-Mojo-Penalty for new users since 2018/03

ClubNutte

Would you be so kind as to look into this matter? If you are in need of more info, don't hesitate to ask :)

TLDR; Since march, new users get 1000 phantom Mojo added, by which they are measured in combat resulting in fewer wins with lower rewards and more losses with higher penalties (= less items, experience, affection and mojo)

@Chthugha This board looks even more official than the last one ;)

19 hours ago, Chthugha said:

They have difficulties locating this bug.
Just know they are aware of it, and try to solve it.

---
Didn't do the reorganization, that's all Jessie.

Hi Chthugha, thx for the reply. I hope, you're getting well compensated for the job you're doing here...

I know that Jessie did the reorg (I shortly entertained the idea of posting in an obviously wrong board, just to get her attention), I was just referring to my rant about not sending bug-reports by mail, when there are other defined input-channels :)

Back to the problem at hand: as far as I am concerned, you can tell them, that they can stop 'searching'. Even in its early beta state, HH is still a nice, playable game - though (in my opinion) not (yet) worth to spend any money on it.

I won't bother the team with childish nagging anymore. It took a little time, but at last I got the hint.

And yet back again (but ,as promised,  no nagging) :)

Since I'm currently applying for a project that requires some ajax skills, I took the liberty to practice a little on your code (just debugging, no hacking involved!).

Here are two examples of (h)h_ajax params, that return different results for mojo:

'leaderbord'-mojo (->leaderbord.js):
    class: TowerOfFame
    action: leaderboard_change
    ranking_field: victory_points
returns (excerpt):
html->WW (inside the html)

'+1000'-mojo (->battle.js (->Battle animation code)):
    class: Battle
    action: fight
    who[]: <opponent info>
returns (excerpt):
J1->victory_points

I didn't investigate much further, as I don't have access to your ajax.php, but it should not be too hard, to trace the data from the request-handler back to its source (or, in this case sources SCNR).

If you want some more data from my debugging session, don't hesitate to ask (I don't think, a forum is the right place to post this unrequested).

As I noted a little while ago (and I see the OP found my post), this issue goes beyond the mojo rankings, it's merely at its most noticeble there. I'm not even sure that it can be classified as a bug, more an unfortunate design choice borne from the (understandable) decision to store the leaderboard data separately rather than pulling it from user accounts on the fly all the time, plus not making sure that the stored data starts out synchronized to what's in the user accounts in the first place.

Anyway, I don't believe the PvP matchmaking is affected by the incorrectly displayed Tower leaderboard data. Mojo rewards for PvP are being calculated on the correct values for both old and new players, i.e. what's shown on the left-hand side of the Tower, not the values on the leaderboard.

So for the moment it's more just an annoyance that newer players' Tower positions are wrong...I'm currently around 14,000th in mojo but would be somewhere around 7000th if my "missing" 1000 points were included. And I'd sure like to have the Tower display the correct number of girls, not one fewer than I actually have in my Harem...

Edited by _shal_

Mojo (victory_points) is not stored in the Hero-object on the client side and I can only guess, how they handle their data on the server (serialized sessions?). That they store the leaderboard data separately is not a crime as such, but this ought to be a snapshot of the hero data at a given time and should not be meddled with (=in sync at the time of an update).

Concerning the matchmaking: the rewards are based on the position in the leaderboard. I'll take your point, if the 'old' accounts are out of sync, too.

On 6/5/2018 at 1:19 PM, Harem Krishna said:

Concerning the matchmaking: the rewards are based on the position in the leaderboard. I'll take your point, if the 'old' accounts are out of sync, too.

No, it's definitely being based on the actual mojo values - in the case of the hero even on his current (i.e. always updated) value***, not the value that was recorded for him in the most recent leaderboard update. I've received ~16 mojo (= even matchup) against players who are around 1000 points ahead of me on the leaderboard, where these were just the 1000 phantom points separating old from new players. If the leaderboard positions were what's being used to calculate the rewards, these matchups should have given me a lot more than 16 points.

*** I've seen the projected mojo gains change in-play, e.g. one of the three opponents might be listed with a projected gain of 8 points, I would go to fight the other two opponents first, gain a few points from their matches, then go back to the initial opponent and the listed gain will have dropped to 7 points, indicating that my personal baseline for calculating it has increased.

I've grown tired of this topic, I don't want to invest to much into it anymore, so I'll stick to the facts:

If the ToF-ranking 'justifies' the amount of Mojo lost/gained, it's always a 'new' account, else an 'old' one. Irrespective of this being good or bad for me, it's an inconsistency. I have learned (not only in theory, but by own experience), that inconsistencies can not be tolerated. They are like cockroaches: if you see one roach in your kitchen, you're bound to see many,many more of them soon. And if you just ignore them, they will spawn exponentially.

It's not my place, to tell Kinkoid how to do their business, so I baptized my restroom's walls 'Support-Team' and discussed the problem with them. I must admit, that they are also not making much progress (yet), but at least they don't insult my intelligence:P

That's all true. My point is that it's not a PvP problem, it's strictly one with what's displayed in the Tower. PvP works as intended, so trying to tie the Tower bug to it (by claiming that the match-making is based on the leaderboard data) made no sense and is only likely to confuse the issue for people reading this thread if it's not clarified.

Edited by _shal_