Girls' resemblance VS anime characters

Romeo Arturia

On 2018-06-12 at 8:58 PM, GarfEild said:

Um, don't they already tell you in the wiki exactly who the inspiration for most of the girls is? Or are you making different comparisons on your own? Not complaining either way, just curious.

Not all are mentioned, so was thinking of posting some of them here.

Cheers

13 hours ago, Masters said:

Wasn't mentioned as confirmed by the Devs that Bunny is based on Naru?

Yes however as you might see, this's a comparison between Legendary Bunny & not the regular one.
Easter Bunny might very well have been inspired by the Ikkitousen girl whom I mentioned before.

Sincerely

• Like 2

On 6/15/2018 at 12:43 AM, Romeo Arturia said:

Yes however as you might see, this's a comparison between Legendary Bunny & not the regular one.
Easter Bunny might very well have been inspired by the Ikkitousen girl whom I mentioned before.

Sincerely

And this wouldn't be the first time that an alternate version of a character is based off a completely different character from the original. For example, Kalissa is based off Natsu from Fairy Tail and Travel Kalissa is based off Morrigan from Dragon Age. And Easter Bunny's design does look a lot like Ryofu Housen, so I would agree with you that she probably was based off her.

• Thanks 1

On 2018-06-16 at 8:50 PM, Imick Says said:

And this wouldn't be the first time that an alternate version of a character is based off a completely different character from the original. For example, Kalissa is based off Natsu from Fairy Tail and Travel Kalissa is based off Morrigan from Dragon Age. And Easter Bunny's design does look a lot like Ryofu Housen, so I would agree with you that she probably was based off her.

Glad to meet another Ikkitousen fan ^_^

Cheers

ah but the danger of this topic is if original creators of characters shut this game down.  anyone remember 7th dream? the whole website got shut down for trademark infringement and good luck finding even a peer2peer version of any of their games. i  just got the lookalike from one piece, gossy in game, from epic pachinko and was damned pleased. got the morrigan lookalike and thats what hooked me in the game. i certainly dont want to see the game disappear now...

• Like 1

The copyright issue has been my concern re. the parodies and a few actual rip-offs.  Earlier I mentioned Shao and she's the most blatant.  Mostly, however, there seem to be sufficient differences for HH to defend their position in court if it ever comes to this.  It might be really useful to have backup artwork that could be introduced quickly if it ever comes to that.

If copyright infringement were to become an issue, it'd be a real shame because the artwork is evolving really well to the point of being outstanding.  The artists are more confident in their work now and are capable of considerable originality.  I have seen a number of the Manga/Anime originals from which HH artwork is said to be derivatives, but I think it's been a step up from those and is moving somewhat beyond the Anime genre in art style - although there has been a bit of a return to it with Fanny and Fione.

The example posted is of Easter Bunny and, yes, the resemblance is too close to ignore, but she is an early girl (and I agree with the moderators re. spoilers - it wasn't necessary anyway because most would know what Easter Bunny looks like if they consult the wiki).  For much of the later artwork we would have scatch our heads to see much resemblance.  I'm sure HH's legal consultants would have cast their eyes over new work to see compliance or otherwise with copyright laws in associated countries.

Trademark is another issue altogether and I suspect any contest would, instead, be around intellectual property.  I don't see a trademark issue unless the artwork is a ripoff of mascot or icon images that represent a business identity.  In HH's case, Bunny is the mascot for their business model and I'm sure there would be a trademark case should another company decide to use her.  Legally, trademarks have to be registered and the little circle surrounding a 'T' or 'R' is the clue.  I should check to see whether Bunny has that little symbol beside her.

On 2018-06-24 at 10:48 PM, hosefucker said:

ah but the danger of this topic is if original creators of characters shut this game down.  anyone remember 7th dream? the whole website got shut down for trademark infringement and good luck finding even a peer2peer version of any of their games. i  just got the lookalike from one piece, gossy in game, from epic pachinko and was damned pleased. got the morrigan lookalike and thats what hooked me in the game. i certainly dont want to see the game disappear now...

I believe this game hardly would be shut down just because of my topic here.
Levitya (AKA Morrigan Aensland) also is one of my favourites.

1 hour ago, Zorba the Geek said:

The copyright issue has been my concern re. the parodies and a few actual rip-offs.  Earlier I mentioned Shao and she's the most blatant.  Mostly, however, there seem to be sufficient differences for HH to defend their position in court if it ever comes to this.  It might be really useful to have backup artwork that could be introduced quickly if it ever comes to that.

If copyright infringement were to become an issue, it'd be a real shame because the artwork is evolving really well to the point of being outstanding.  The artists are more confident in their work now and are capable of considerable originality.  I have seen a number of the Manga/Anime originals from which HH artwork is said to be derivatives, but I think it's been a step up from those and is moving somewhat beyond the Anime genre in art style - although there has been a bit of a return to it with Fanny and Fione.

The example posted is of Easter Bunny and, yes, the resemblance is too close to ignore, but she is an early girl (and I agree with the moderators re. spoilers - it wasn't necessary anyway because most would know what Easter Bunny looks like if they consult the wiki).  For much of the later artwork we would have scatch our heads to see much resemblance.  I'm sure HH's legal consultants would have cast their eyes over new work to see compliance or otherwise with copyright laws in associated countries.

Trademark is another issue altogether and I suspect any contest would, instead, be around intellectual property.  I don't see a trademark issue unless the artwork is a ripoff of mascot or icon images that represent a business identity.  In HH's case, Bunny is the mascot for their business model and I'm sure there would be a trademark case should another company decide to use her.  Legally, trademarks have to be registered and the little circle surrounding a 'T' or 'R' is the clue.  I should check to see whether Bunny has that little symbol beside her.

Shao's my absolute favourite, her appearance & body type are from another galaxy, she's a cosmic girl.

I'd say the artwork is still within the anime genre, every girl's drawn in manga style after all.

Salute on the agreement about Easter Bunny's resemblance with Ryofu Housen.

About Bunny, she's never got a trademark beside her.

Sincerely

Edited by Romeo Arturia

3 minutes ago, Romeo Arturia said:

I believe this game hardly would be shut down just because of my topic here.
Levitya (AKA Morrigan Aensland) also is one of my favourites.

Shao's my absolute favourite, her appearance & body type are from another galaxy, she's a cosmic girl.

I'd say the artwork is still within the anime genre, every girl's drawn in manga style after all.

Salute on the agreement about Easter Bunny's resemblance with Ryofu Housen.

About Bunny, she's never got a trademark beside her.

Sincerely

Yes, I checked for trademark re. Bunny and you're right, but maybe she should have one.  I agree, too, re. Shao.  I think she's pretty amazing, too, but this wasn't my point.  She's still a rip-off, especially in her poses.  I think there is a lot of cross-pollination in a lot of these games so any legal action may not come to much.

Re. the manga/anime style.  To my mind there has been a subtle shift away from a strict adherence to this style of art genre with HH's artwork, but a return to it with the twins.