Upgrading harmettes & best use of kobhans

Arse Man

I started playing a little over a month ago, and want to know whether upgrading costs decrease in kobhans as you gain access to stronger bosses. Also, at which boss is it better to purchase combat points, and pay in cash, rather than instantly upgrading with kobhans? What is the best use of kobhans in this game?

The best use for kobans, in my eyes, is to hoard them until you have all villain girls, and then spend them on pachinko.
You will be getting a girl then and there, that is not a villain girl.

There are noteable exceptions, like buying refills during an event like the anniversary event <--- loads of girls to get.
Or the legendary days events, because those are extremely hard to get.

The upgrading costs in kobans depends on the star you are getting and the rarity of the girl.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

The best use for kobans, in my eyes, is to hoard them until you have all villain girls, and then spend them on pachinko.
You will be getting a girl then and there, that is not a villain girl.

There are noteable exceptions, like buying refills during an event like the anniversary event <--- loads of girls to get.
Or the legendary days events, because those are extremely hard to get.

The upgrading costs in kobans depends on the star you are getting and the rarity of the girl.

Thanks for the response. About how long does it take to get all villain girls? 

To simplify my question, is buying combat points, and paying the upgrade price in cash cheaper than buying in kobhans instantly?

Edited by ryans122
grammar

2 minutes ago, ryans122 said:

Thanks for the response. About how long does it take to get all villain girls? 

To simplify my question, is buy combat points, and paying the upgrade price cheaper than buying in kobhans instantly?

The problem with the villain girls, is that there isn't really a set timeframe for you to get them all.
You can get lucky and get them soon, or it take 3 months to get 3 from one villain.

Just now, Chthugha said:

The problem with the villain girls, is that there isn't really a set timeframe for you to get them all.
You can get lucky and get them soon, or it take 3 months to get 3 from one villain.

I see. Is it better to upgrade using cash or kobhans? 

1 minute ago, ryans122 said:

I see. Is it better to upgrade using cash or kobhans? 

Unless you have a legendary days girl (Levitya, Norou, Fanny & Fione), I would say try to get the cash together.
If you have one of those three, then the last star is worth using kobans for if you can spare them.
But I must admit that I don't even know anymore how much it costs koban wise, I just know a legendary girl will need 18M for the last star.

The koban costs for upgrading are degressive relative to the costs in cash:

1st star: 2/2 (= 100%, baseline 1 koban = 1000 cash)
2nd star: 2/3 (= 67%)
3rd star: 2/4 (= 50%)
4th star: 2/5 (= 40%)
5th star: 2/6 (= 33%)

So for legendaries:

1st star: 720k cash, 720 kobans
2nd star: 1800k cash, 1200 kobans
3rd star: 4500k cash, 2250 kobans
4th star: 9000k cash, 3600 kobans
5th star: 18000k cash, 6000 kobans

Same basic pattern for all other rarities, of course.

As for whether it's better to pay kobans for star upgrades directly, or to pay kobans to farm money on bosses and then pay cash for the upgrade...

1 combativity point = 10.8 kobans, so for a legendary girl:

1st star: 720 kobans = 66.7 combativity => requires boss payout of at least 10,800 per battle to break even
2nd star: 1200 kobans = 111.1 combativity => 16,200 per battle
3rd star: 2250 kobans = 208.3 combativity => 21,600 per battle
4th star: 3600 kobans = 333.3 combativity => 27,000 per battle
5th star: 6000 kobans = 555.5 combativity => 32,400 per battle

The highest available boss payout is a maxed Roko Sensei at 29,500, of course.

The break-even points are the same for other rarities, since koban and cash costs are scaled the same way.

• Thanks 1

Like I said, only the 5th star of a legendary girl is worth it xD

The thing with the other rarities is that they don't require that much money, so it's easily gotten.
Well, maybe not for epics, but I don't have Summer Geekette to test that.

17 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

Like I said, only the 5th star of a legendary girl is worth it xD

Well, the OP was asking which way it's worth kobans. I broadly agree with your implication that it's usually never worth kobans, whether by battling or by direct payment, but if somebody is set on spending them, the above lists which alternative is the more effective way to spend them.