Would you restart knowing what you know now?

GuessWho

Just started about five days ago, and I am thinking of restarting. First off, I can not change the name I signed up with which bothers me. I went with "rick" as I was just testing the game to see if I would want to play and wanted denyability about it by using a generic name. Secondly, I would rather be Hardcore instead of Know-how, and since it is not a choice you can make or change then would just keep restarting till I was able to get the Expetise I want. Lastly, after just today experiencing my first Contest and picking up on some of the game mechanics, I regret the mistakes I made from jump. Would you restart knowing what you do now? I know some of you have been playing much longer, so the thought would be harder on you, but just wanting to know. 

• Like 1

if you want to restart: restart. Not sure what kind of answer you are expecting here.

Something like: "Oh, yea that name is really stupid, i wouldnt want to play with something like that...." !?

If you really started five days ago there are no mistakes that could really screw you for future contests. There will be more bosses to gain xp from and girls to level up so....

Only thing you should consider is: if you create a new account your class will be random again. You could "waste" a lot of names by trying to becoma a hardcore before you get it^_^ 

29 minutes ago, Sarkasth said:

Only thing you should consider is: if you create a new account your class will be random again. You could "waste" a lot of names by trying to becoma a hardcore before you get it^_^

True, but if I were to restart that would not be an issue. As far as the name goes, I was just mentioning one of "my" regrets. 

28 minutes ago, Wizz said:

If we were ready to restart, we would have done it by now. Your question doesn't really make sense. But if I was you, yeah I would also restart I think

My meaning was not literal, but phylisophical. Since I can not seem to edit my op, then I will clear that up here. 

I did bust butt for the few days that I have been playing, and have built a decent character and harem. I just have some regrets. There are others on here with much more experience than me. If my wording was confusing then would "What would you do differently knowing what you do now?" be better for you? I am not asking for advice, but just sharing my thoughts, and asking what yours are on your gaming experience here. Sorry if I did not relay that well. 

• Like 1

isn't it the same with every game you start? there are mechanics you don't understand right from the start. you will make mistakes. there are other players more experienced. but probably most of them made the same mistakes. in my opinion there is nothing in this game that will ruin you until the end of all times. did you spend too much xp on your girls too early when there was no contest? nevermind that! some levels later you won't even notice that tiny shitty bit of wasted xp. did you miss some (contest-)kobans? if you start from scratch you won't have those kobans either. didn't you perfectly use the filled energy bar on a levelup? you won't get back that wasted energy/time either if you start from the beginning.

keep in mind that if you already have an event girl (i think it would be possible via anniversary pachinko, this might fit your play time) you will loose her and probably never get her again. veteran players have a huge advantage here!

the only "valid" reason in my opinion is your expertise. but thats just for those players who really care. in the end it won't really matter a lot. maybe those players having a different expertise than the last currently accessible boss may score more xp for the xp contest. but the devs will update the game some time and this setting may change. it may also be possible that instead fighting 2 times in the arena awards you with more xp.

so that's my thoughts. maybe it can help you with your decision.

Edited by Habi

I really titled this wrong, as I was really wanting to know what higher levels would have done differently from the start. Like, what you regret either doing, not doing, missing, etc.  After finding out that my IP could have more than one account and I did not need to use a proxy to restart, I did, in fact, restart my account. Yes, I had to go thru the intro many times to get the expertise I wanted, but now I can play again after learning from my mistakes. Welll, to be fair this is not really a fighting game where we go against one another, it is more about the girls than anything...lol. I just get too involved in the game mechanics. I see that it is better to set up an exp farming team instead of focusing on  the most stats and best gear for maximum power. 

IF you do have some advice on what you would do differently, or regrets you have because of "X" , then I would very much appreciate you sharing it. That was my initial intent, but I guess it did not come across that way....sorry about that.

5 hours ago, Habi said:

isn't it the same with every game you start? there are mechanics you don't understand right from the start. you will make mistakes. there are other players more experienced. but probably most of them made the same mistakes. in my opinion there is nothing in this game that will ruin you until the end of all times. did you spend too much xp on your girls too early when there was no contest? nevermind that! some levels later you won't even notice that tiny shitty bit of wasted xp. did you miss some (contest-)kobans? if you start from scratch you won't have those kobans either. didn't you perfectly use the filled energy bar on a levelup? you won't get back that wasted energy/time either if you start from the beginning.

keep in mind that if you already have an event girl (i think it would be possible via anniversary pachinko, this might fit your play time) you will loose her and probably never get her again. veteran players have a huge advantage here!

the only "valid" reason in my opinion is your expertise. but thats just for those players who really care. in the end it won't really matter a lot. maybe those players having a different expertise than the last currently accessible boss may score more xp for the xp contest. but the devs will update the game some time and this setting may change. it may also be possible that instead fighting 2 times in the arena awards you with more xp.

so that's my thoughts. maybe it can help you with your decision.

I totally agree. I had just started, so had no dropped girls, or contest girls. The name and expertise were my main reasons for restarting. The name because I am a bit OCD, and the exprtise because I was looking at reallly maximizing Bunny's potential as the Alpha. Thanks so much for your thoughts, and insight. Now knowing that xp farming is the way to go instead of battle stats, I must learn to set up the team and my stats/gear to be able to farm xp(power leveling). I am not used to playing that way...lol. I am glad there is a posting on the forum about it though.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I did not phrase the title the right way, but still got some good info from you which was my intent. 

26 minutes ago, GuessWho said:

I see that it is better to set up an exp farming team

Ehhh... it's a waste of story exp if you reach max level way before where it currently ends. I wouldn't call it better until you've already reached max level playing normally.

37 minutes ago, GuessWho said:

IF you do have some advice on what you would do differently, or regrets you have because of "X" , then I would very much appreciate you sharing it. That was my initial intent, but I guess it did not come across that way....sorry about that.

I wasted some kobans on a few missions right at the start 'cause I had thought the timer was how long you had to complete them before you lost them and spending kobans was how you completed them. I also used kobans to refill my energy a few near times the beginning which was a waste, especially since my max energy wasn't too high back them.

And this is super minor, but I kinda wished I hadn't leveled up Kimie at all. She's the perfect alpha for exp farming so it would've been nice to have her at Level 1. Really minor though since there's almost no difference in stats at Level 1 anyway. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Janaff said:

And this is super minor, but I kinda wished I hadn't leveled up Kimie at all. She's the perfect alpha for exp farming so it would've been nice to have her at Level 1. Really minor though since there's almost no difference in stats at Level 1 anyway. 

Actually, that is great to know. I was trying to figure out which girls would be best to keep at level 1. xp farming is new to me. I know there is info on here, so will be reading that for sure. 

3 minutes ago, GuessWho said:

Actually, that is great to know. I was trying to figure out which girls would be best to keep at level 1. xp farming is new to me. I know there is info on here, so will be reading that for sure. 

Only if you're an Expert though. Since she's a Charm girl with great Charm, has the highest Hardcore stat out of all non-Harcore girls, and one of the lowest Know-how stats in the game.

1 hour ago, GuessWho said:

Now knowing that xp farming is the way to go instead of battle stats, I must learn to set up the team and my stats/gear to be able to farm xp(power leveling).

well it wasn't my intent to make you think you need to powerlevel. i don't think this is the way to go globally. only when there is a contest where you need to get xp to score it is important. what i wanted to say is that you shouldn't care too much about possible lost contests in the past because you leveled your girls the wrong time (outside of a girl xp contest)

55 minutes ago, Janaff said:

Only if you're an Expert though. Since she's a Charm girl with great Charm, has the highest Hardcore stat out of all non-Harcore girls, and one of the lowest Know-how stats in the game.

ah thats a valuable info to me cause i'm an expert. and i don't have kimi so the rng spared me from making this mistake. :D
do you have any recommendations for the beta and omega as expert?

• Like 1

I think the only thing I would change is I would hang on to my kobans for epic pachinko, I'll admit in the beginning I didn't quite understand what they were useful for. But otherwise I don't think I'd want to restart.

So if you really think you've screwed up to a level that you need to restart, then just do it.Personally I would call 5 days NOTHING in terms of this game....seeing as how it's taken me about 2 months to get as far as the Bleach rip-off world,lol

• 9 months later...