Honey select Cards

Ryaku Mcneil

Months ago, I started going down my list and tried my best to recreate the girls through honey select. Thought I'd actually share them here. And these are actual cards so if you yourself Have honey select, you can save these images into your char folder and have them in your own game. just note that I have a lot of mods, and the girl won't look the same if you don't have the same mod(s)

charaF_20180216092441011.png

charaF_20180216192104086.png

charaF_20180219205735068.png

charaF_20180220193153561.png

• Like 2

That is, indeed, a lotta mods. More than seem to be out for PlayHome. I prefer PH's shaders and I'm hoping it eventually gets the same mods, so I'm sticking with that for now. But boy do I miss all the clothing I had for HS (and SBPR)...

On 8/17/2018 at 9:44 AM, Ryaku Mcneil said:

This one I'm the most displeased with. recreating fantasy outfits are just simply difficult.

I feel your pain. In many ways, I think it's even harder in PH - fewer clothes available for it. Theoretically, anything in HS should be exportable there, but it hasn't happened, and I don't have enough time to figure out how to do it myself.

I typically just try to get close, and explain it as them having multiple outfits. It's more important IMO to get the faces and figures right.

On 8/20/2018 at 8:35 PM, Hollo said:

I feel your pain. In many ways, I think it's even harder in PH - fewer clothes available for it. Theoretically, anything in HS should be exportable there, but it hasn't happened, and I don't have enough time to figure out how to do it myself.

I typically just try to get close, and explain it as them having multiple outfits. It's more important IMO to get the faces and figures right.

it's definitely the funner part. and yeah I think it's safe to assume that everything's portable to PH but i'm not a modder so I don't know if it's harder. one of the reason HS modding scene being so much bigger could possibly difficulty. Heck in the discord, I was asking about a crown mod and someone sent me some assets.
I guess he just expected me to follow a tutorial and do it myself but I'm not in the mood to learn 3d modeling ^^;

I'm sort of on the cusp, too. I'm sure I could figure it out, and I know where tutorials exist. It's mostly a matter of time.

In fact, I've heard of a mod that lets you import several different 3D formats into PH, implying that you could get damn near anything in there - random objects, rooms for maps - if it's been modeled anywhere on the web, chances are high that it exists in one of those formats.

But again, it comes down to time.

starting here I started using a mod that changes the shading and how light interacts with the models.
also I've started messing around with Studio and Studio Neo so feel free to suggest scenes or something. I have the most fun recreating things so references are most appreciated

charaF_20180721085108847-Snowflaked2018_0824_0820_17_097.png

First thing first, Ryaku, good work. Impossible to deny that the image are really nice.

That said, allow the finicky one a little critic/question, more or less the same I already made to Hollo on a different "item". In my humble opinion, comparing your art to the original poses of the girls, some faces result quite different (in particular I would not have recognized Ankyo if she weren't in her pilot suit, and I'm sorry to say I don't recognize your last one). The question is: is that your drawing style, some limit in your drawing tool, or it's me more idiot than the usual?

In the end, allow me a little advice: I am prone to think that other people in the future should not recognize some of your beautiful work (even not counting that many players do not know all the girls) , so putting picture names in your posts will help people addressing you with "Hey, the resemblance is impressive!" or "you sure it is her?" :)

8 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

First thing first, Ryaku, good work. Impossible to deny that the image are really nice.

That said, allow the finicky one a little critic/question, more or less the same I already made to Hollo on a different "item". In my humble opinion, comparing your art to the original poses of the girls, some faces result quite different (in particular I would not have recognized Ankyo if she weren't in her pilot suit, and I'm sorry to say I don't recognize your last one). The question is: is that your drawing style, some limit in your drawing tool, or it's me more idiot than the usual?

In the end, allow me a little advice: I am prone to think that other people in the future should not recognize some of your beautiful work (even not counting that many players do not know all the girls) , so putting picture names in your posts will help people addressing you with "Hey, the resemblance is impressive!" or "you sure it is her?" :)

I can definitely edit the posts to have the names.

as for "drawing tools" as is the case for me and HOLO we're using the character creation from H games. Honey select for me and PlayHome for HOLO making face recrations rather limiting. I try my best to match the shape of the source material and the numerous mods I've implemented help give me more wiggle room as well as add clothing pieces that were not in the game originally. On top of that as time goes on my mod pool increases as so does my skill (wich i think is notable when  you go down the list)

I'll agree that I should've definitely labeled the girls. So let me pose you this question. Do you think I should open a second thread where I not only label the cards but maybe tweek them?

Although I can't imagine exactly what do you mean by tweaking the previous images (note that I am only a guy who appreciates good graphics: I am not a graphic expert, I don't know the tools you have named, and even if I did it would have been little useful for me, cause I never had even a passable drawing hand or talent), simply taking into account reasons of forum orderliness I think you should edit your older posts adding the new pictures near the old ones, so people could make comparisons if they wish. The forum allows you to specify the reason for editing your posts, so you can exploit this fact to communicate you have added things. Then you can simply add a text post inviting people that already read the previous posts (and usually jumps directly to the last posted) to get back and re-view your work. Just my idea.

4 hours ago, Observer_X said:

Although I can't imagine exactly what do you mean by tweaking the previous images (note that I am only a guy who appreciates good graphics: I am not a graphic expert, I don't know the tools you have named, and even if I did it would have been little useful for me, cause I never had even a passable drawing hand or talent), simply taking into account reasons of forum orderliness I think you should edit your older posts adding the new pictures near the old ones, so people could make comparisons if they wish. The forum allows you to specify the reason for editing your posts, so you can exploit this fact to communicate you have added things. Then you can simply add a text post inviting people that already read the previous posts (and usually jumps directly to the last posted) to get back and re-view your work. Just my idea.

I don't mean tweaking the old image, I'm talking about editing the model, the character.

also You keep mentioning drawing it seems you don't understand that no drawing is being used here. I'm using the character creation mode of a hentai game called Honey Select. And Holo is using a similar game called PlayHome

Edited by Ryaku Mcneil

On 28/8/2018 at 2:14 AM, Ryaku Mcneil said:

I don't mean tweaking the old image, I'm talking about editing the model, the character.

also You keep mentioning drawing it seems you don't understand that no drawing is being used here. I'm using the character creation mode of a hentai game called Honey Select. And Holo is using a similar game called PlayHome

Understood. Anyways, I feel my idea still valid: having all the pictures of one girl together in one post, if nothing else, keeps the forum clean (and I bet the moderators, despite not telling you explicitly, will be relieved, if not happy), and considering that with any probability the images will be inserted in the temporal order you prepare them, any commenting people is eventually able to say "I liked more the first ones" or "the #XXX is the better one for me". Plus, if you're willing, you will be able to insert text parts stating what has changed since the last pictures (if something has changed, like mods used, time and effort spent, etc.). Again, just my idea. The only drawback I am able to think at the moment is that maybe with many pictures the pages will get longer to load for people with slow connections (here is one, and I'm prone to think there are quite a bit around here). I don't know if, for example, the creation of sub-topics (one for each girl) may be a possible solution to this.