Suggestion: League uses Energy

Skiron

i realize this might be already to late to see a change, but anyways:

i thought: "how would it be, if the league would use an existing ressource instead of a new one?"

option A: using energy

the league could use 8 points of energy per challenge, which would be one hour of refill per challenge as well.

the main pro to this would be the solution, what players at the actual end of the story could do with their energy.

players earlier in the story would face an interesting decision: to proceed in the story or fight in the league.

i see situations for both answers to be preferred:

- if someone doesnt believe in any wins in the league anymore, going on in the story could be preferred.

- if someone prefers to farm one villain until there are no girls left, he might want to delay the story.

- if someone wants some more xp badly for any reason, league would be preferred.

sidenote: this might offer the devs a bit stress relief, while working on new scrolls as well.

option B: using combativity points

the league could use 2 combativity points per challenge, which would be one hour of refill per challenge as well.

the main pro for this would be, that all players would face the same decision:

do i prefer to fight a villain for money and/or the chance on a girl or do i prefer to fight for xp and/or rewards in the league?

the main contra is, if there is an event with drop girls. there are unlucky players already anyways, this would make it worse.

so all over using the combativity points might sound more fitting, but i would say using energy would be the better option.

moreover i think different uses of the same ressource offers more interesting decisions and gameplay, than just adding another ressource.

and again the big plus: there would be a way to spent energyuseful at the end of the story line.

6 hours ago, Kinkoid said:

We are planning to use the energy on another features that will come after the leagues.

For the combativity points, we do not desire to go that way at it will create a competition with the Villains fights and we do not want that.

1. sounds good 2. i dont see why thats a problem. nobody is really forced to use bp somewhere else. same goes for arena. never understood why it was taken away from the arena modus.

It's a problem because Kinkoid are designing with the philosophy that their features should be experienced rather than ignored. Previously there was no good reason to fight in arena. Bosses gave better money AND the chance at girls once you were in the later stages, and the amount of exp that you can earn from both methods was similar. They couldn't justify any major time spent on it because it was an aspect of the game that most players actively ignored due to it being bad value.
The same applies to Leagues, they want players to engage in this new feature, so they don't want it to take away from their ability to do other things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1