PVP Balance Suggestions

Skiron

with the league putting more focus onto pvp again, i think it is time to discuss some balance options.
i see a couple of different approaches to this topic, but i dont claim they would have all the same priority.
i admit some of them might sound weird or "not that necessary" on the first sight,
but please take a minute to think about them, i would say altogether they offer a well rounded solution.

a little pre-summary of what these suggestions go for:
- balancing the classes vs each other
- changes towards Team value instead of just Alpha value
- boost less rare/3star girls, aka giving them a role
- boost girls with less main stat, but higher side stats
- balance multistat-builds vs monostat-builds (including multiclass-teams)
- making Harmony a more viable and calculatable stat
- removing a bit of bad luck-RNG on offered opponents

Narcism (Charm Skill) adds 10% Ego to the blockrate.
i would consider this the most important change that i want to suggest, the main point to balance classes vs each other.
Hardcore and Knowhow Skills work with the 10% Ego-value, so Charm should too.
if ive done my math correctly, comparing myself to opponents stats of an equal power lvl,
adding this to the blockrate should not exceed the potential damage of the opponents hit.
but even if this should happen once in a while and some value of the skill is wasted, Charm should catch up to the other classes by a lot.
if you want to doublecheck my math, i recommend comparing your stats to opponents of an equal lvl and ego at the league table.

optional: lowering Ego-Value on Class-Skills to 5%.
one the one hand this should exclude the chance that Charm-Skill value is wasted, if it is changed to an ego based skill.
but also i would expect this to make fights slightly longer and put a bit more value on Beta and Omega girls.

Boost Ego to make fights longer.
making fights longer should balance a well rounded team vs the dominance of an overpowered Alpha.
to make this work reducing class-skills to 5% Ego-value would be very important.

Beta and Omega girls entering the Orgy do not activate opponents Beta and Omega anymore.
right now if one player reaches an orgasm and his Beta girl enters the orgy, attack and defense values of BOTH sides Betas are added to the fight.
i admit a chance this was done for some balancing reasons, but honestly i cant figure out what they should be.
i think a player shouldnt be punished for reaching orgasm and extending orgy first, by activating the opponents girls immediately,
instead this could even become a strategy, to be the first reaching full team-power.
passively this would be a buff for lower rarity/3star girls, because they work with lower excitement values, means they orgasm earlier.

Attack Value of Girls is always based on Hero´s Main stat, while their Defense Value is always based on the stat according to the opponent.
this might not sound like a big change, but it would balance monostat vs multistat builds as well as making many girls more viable.
right now this is already true for Alpha girls, but Beta and Omega girls only use our Hero´s Main stat.
by this only one stat is important for choosing Beta and Omega girls, which favorizes monostat-builds
and many girls with less main stat but higher side stats are no real option to be picked for your team.
but if Beta and Omega girls would use the according stat for their defense values as well,
all these many girls would be more balanced to the others by adding more defense value.
this would make multistat-builds more viable as defensive, "tanky" builds,
by simply focussing on reducing opponents power instead of stacking your own,
while monostat-builds would have to work with a lot less Beta and Omega defense, balancing these builds vs each other.
moreover it would have the nice sideeffect allowing to play multiclass teams, focussing on defense even more.
just to avoid confusion: defense vs your own class stays being the average of the other two defenses.

optional: replacing Hero vs Hero Dominance Sceme by an effect based on your own team members.
i admit this would require more programming work than i like to suggest, but it might work out well in two ways:
first it would remove a source of bad luck-RNG, based on which opponents you get offered in arena.
second, if the multistat vs monostat balance above is not enough, this adds more balancing options.
i know this would require balance tests, so just as an example:
whenever your active girl (last one entered the orgy) is non-of-your-class,
you get a buff on gained excitement per hit or a small damage boost. (maybe both split on secondary and tertiary class)

Harmony gives you a fix %-chance based on your stat. Opponents Harmony has no effect anymore on yours.
again this would remove a source of bad luck-RNG in arena, based on which opponents you get offered.
but more important at this point this would make Harmony a reliable and calculatable stat.
making Harmony more viable this way would be another buff for multistat builds.

optional: reducing the %-chance, but calculate it on every single hit.
i admit im not 100% sure about the actual system, since fights are too short to test it,
but as far as ive got it skill-proccs are limited to one per girl until all three have entered the fight and then would rotate through.
changing this would make Harmony a lot more important and viable,
but it has to go hand-in-hand with lowering the %-chance and most likely lowering the class-skills to 5% Ego (or even less) like suggested above.

Booster effects scale with Player Level.
right now an epic booster is overpowered on low levels and loose more and more effect the higher the Egos go.
they would become an interesting part of PvP if they would scale with the player lvl on a reasonable base.

Having three slots to prepare different Teams.
i admit this is no straight balance suggestion. but many players dont want to spent a lot time within the team selection reacting to offered opponents.
by having three slots everyone could prepare teams, which becomes a convenient option to react on different opponents/situations,
especially if we keep in mind that all the suggested changes above could end in a lot more team-build options.

thats pretty much everything i can come up with.
i want to state again that i dont claim all these changes to have the same priority and/or they would have to be realized all at once.
in my opinion these are good ways to handle the existing problems, but it doesnt mean someone couldnt come up with an easier or better way.
please keep the discussion constructive and dont quote the whole wall of text for readability...
a "just hit the skip-button and done" comment is not constructive... ;)

greetings, your Skiron

Edited by Skiron

I don't want to be the bad guy again but unless the developers remove the skip button then any addition to the fight animation become worthless because we just click a  button and we don't see any of the wonderful work that the devs worked so hard to give us.

1 hour ago, Hotless said:

I don't want to be the bad guy again but unless the developers remove the skip button then any addition to the fight animation become worthless because we just click a  button and we don't see any of the wonderful work that the devs worked so hard to give us.

im talking about the mechanics that decide the match, not about the animation...
so even hitting the button you would still see the results of better balanced fights...
or the options you would have while you set up your team and equipment before you hit that button...

Edited by Skiron

All potential good hints, Skiron (ehi, we're making progress on agreeing :))

If you don't mind, I would add here another point, although it is not strictly in-battle related:

Rework the mojo/matching system to make the arena matching rebalancement quicker when a player changes his battle team.
I'm referring to the fact that players (many, or at least I think so) use the arena to improve the experience and affection of their girls , and in consequence from time to time need to change their battle teams from a team of high level girls to a team of lower level girls. After this change, however, the player finds himself losing battles in the Arena for days before he gets matched to players adequate to his new team. I can personally testify this, as for two times, after changing the girls in my team, even fighting almost every battle every 30 minutes for the entire day (apart sleep time and some hours for daily activities), I had to wait for four or five days before being able to win a single battle. Personally, I find this circumstance quite unfair for the players. Part of the solution may dwell in the removal in the +32/-32 mojo roofs for battles won/lost, to make things quicker.

56 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

All potential good hints, Skiron (ehi, we're making progress on agreeing :))

thanks! (and yay! :D )

56 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

Rework the mojo/matching system to make the arena matching rebalancement quicker when a player changes his battle team.
I'm referring to the fact that players (many, or at least I think so) use the arena to improve the experience and affection of their girls , and in consequence from time to time need to change their battle teams from a team of high level girls to a team of lower level girls. After this change, however, the player finds himself losing battles in the Arena for days before he gets matched to players adequate to his new team. I can personally testify this, as for two times, after changing the girls in my team, even fighting almost every battle every 30 minutes for the entire day (apart sleep time and some hours for daily activities), I had to wait for four or five days before being able to win a single battle. Personally, I find this circumstance quite unfair for the players. Part of the solution may dwell in the removal in the +32/-32 mojo roofs for battles won/lost, to make things quicker.

i have an issue with that... i dont even want to overthink it in detail, but i see abusive potential there...
like intentionally seeking for easy opponents and screw up rankings and crap like that...
as things still are right now, i would recommend you not to swap a full team, but just your omega girl, i see that a lot...

Edited by Skiron