Tab-Enter not working?

Urist

Phone collect is not that hard 🤔

Anyway, the tab-enter "trick" was never part of the game. Just something someone found out.

And all lazy players started using it. Now they upgraded some things and it doesn't work anymore. I doubt it was even intended. That would mean they are aware of it in which case they would've been aware of it over a year ago. Why would they suddenly stop it...

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

5 hours ago, Chthugha said:

Anyway, the tab-enter "trick" was never part of the game. Just something someone found out.

And all lazy players started using it. Now they upgraded some things and it doesn't work anymore. I doubt it was even intended. That would mean they are aware of it in which case they would've been aware of it over a year ago. Why would they suddenly stop it...

why? to sell monthly cards

26 minutes ago, TrueNinja said:

why? to sell monthly cards

People who used that are not the kind of players who would suddenly buy the monthly card.
They are the kind of players who do anything to not pay for a feature like the monthly card.

Even if this was a direct fix, which I doubt, then it's not because of monthly cards, but most likely to stop scripts that can collect money instantly for a player.

3 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

People who used that are not the kind of players who would suddenly buy the monthly card.
They are the kind of players who do anything to not pay for a feature like the monthly card.

Even if this was a direct fix, which I doubt, then it's not because of monthly cards, but most likely to stop scripts that can collect money instantly for a player.

You were looking for a reason, I provided one. It doesn't really matter how effective the reason could be. All that mattered was that one could exist. 

• Thinking 1

4 minutes ago, TrueNinja said:

You were looking for a reason, I provided one. It doesn't really matter how effective the reason could be. All that mattered was that one could exist. 

It's not a reason though, this is a scapegoat.
This trick is older than the monthly card.
They would've stopped it immediately.

3 minutes ago, TrueNinja said:

it is a reason. I dont understand how you cant see it. We're not debating if its a good or bad reason, just its a possible reason.

I'm not debating whether it's a good or a bad reason.
A bad reason is still a reason.
I'm debating whether it is a reason at all.

Lazy players? Completing a task in the most efficient way possible is lazy? I think you ought to go look up "lazy" in the dictionary, you clearly don't know what it means.

And yes, I'm 100% certain that if this change was intentional it's a cash grab to sell more cards. If it was unintentional, it needs to be fixed asap. Of course so do the server issues. And we see how well that's been dealt with. Who's lazy again?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Chthugha said:

Navigating between or within windows via tabbing is a much of a trick, as using a mouse to move around. To be clear, it's not a trick at all.

2 hours ago, TrueNinja said:

it is a reason. I dont understand how you cant see it. We're not debating if its a good or bad reason, just its a possible reason.

You know what's also a possible reason? Aliens. They did it because of aliens.

1 hour ago, TrueNinja said:

well until the devs make a statement about the situation, my reason can hold water.

Aliens can hold water! Reason confirmed!

TELL US THE TRUTH, DEVS

I WANT TO BELIEVE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

the reason is only gain mor mony, the owners wont to sel a ferrari thats the only reason

only [certain] peopel wastes real money in a game was is only for fun - and others ... like programmers or mister trump and friends ... ar lauhting at us

one more thing, if i tomorow will be banned in the forum and in the game, dont worry, i will find an other game

Let me first say that I acted very irritated the last couple of days.
I apologize for that.

I've been sick  recently and I was tired from long days at work, so my tolerance went down.

Anyway, let me rephrase myself, and hopefully better this time:

- Tab+Enter was a faster way of collecting money, but I don't see it being that much faster that it warrants this much fuss.
- My best guess is that it's an intentional change to the harem page, that unintentionally broke this tab+enter thing, because it's not an integral part of the game.
- If it was "fixed" with intention, then it is most likely because it was abused in some sort of way, not because they want to force you to buy the monthly card.
- I don't know the actual reason, because I am not an actual member of Kinkoid, so it could be money, I just highly doubt it.

---- after reading the last post by Kinkoid ---

Just here to apologize if I aggrevated anybody.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kinkoid said:

It was not intentional. As the tab+enter combo was not intentional. We needed to do some improvements in the game that made this combinaison of keys unavailable, it was not our intention.

What has been improved exactly? I see no improvements that would justify disabling my keyboard functions.

2 minutes ago, Kinkoid said:

Since the functions was not intentional, any changes could be the result of it.

So if I'm understanding you, you made many changes and you don't know which one has caused the enter key to not work?

Well then roll back the changes. Implement them one at a time to find the problem, and whichever change caused it, get rid of it.

14 hours ago, Urist said:

So if I'm understanding you, you made many changes and you don't know which one has caused the enter key to not work?

Well then roll back the changes. Implement them one at a time to find the problem, and whichever change caused it, get rid of it.

Which then (1) takes time that would otherwise be spent on other new features, (2) backs out a feature that would have to be implemented another way or not at all, and (3) causes players to gripe about a new feature that got taken back right away.

I mean, I'm not happy about it either, but I choose to solve it by trying to look into the problem myself when I have time (my weekend's pretty full).

16 hours ago, Chthugha said:

Let me first say that I acted very irritated the last couple of days.
I apologize for that.

I've been sick  recently and I was tired from long days at work, so my tolerance went down.

Anyway, let me rephrase myself, and hopefully better this time:

- Tab+Enter was a faster way of collecting money, but I don't see it being that much faster that it warrants this much fuss.
- My best guess is that it's an intentional change to the harem page, that unintentionally broke this tab+enter thing, because it's not an integral part of the game.
- If it was "fixed" with intention, then it is most likely because it was abused in some sort of way, not because they want to force you to buy the monthly card.
- I don't know the actual reason, because I am not an actual member of Kinkoid, so it could be money, I just highly doubt it.

---- after reading the last post by Kinkoid ---

Just here to apologize if I aggrevated anybody.

I agree that they likely reformatted the way the page works, and caused it to break, but I'm going to tell you Tab-Enter is much faster for me, by a minute or more. I do have the advantage of using the tab and other keys to move around programs for a lot longer than most people - my PC usage predates the mainstream support/inclusion of a mouse with a PC by over 5 years.

12 hours ago, Zteev said:

I agree that they likely reformatted the way the page works, and caused it to break, but I'm going to tell you Tab-Enter is much faster for me, by a minute or more. I do have the advantage of using the tab and other keys to move around programs for a lot longer than most people - my PC usage predates the mainstream support/inclusion of a mouse with a PC by over 5 years.

Well that is where our main difference lies. I don't think 1 or 2 minutes a couple of times a day is worth this much attention. Most people lose minutes everyday doing nothing.

• Like 1

I understand that point of view. However, more efficient is better. I just timed my collection and it took me about 3.5 minutes to get everything, and make sure I had it all. It was a bit over 40 seconds before. Plus, all the clicking ruins the trackball faster.

i totally have to support this! i feel it every single day!

you know, i sit there with my morning coffee and think:
yeah, lets waste some time!
then i log in and it hits me like a sledgehammer:
FU! this game is wasting way too much of my time!
when ive just wanted to... waste... some...
damn you game! got me on this one!

seriously... ive havent even known about this "feature" until these rants have started...
and i might report: me and my mouse are still alive! :P

• Haha 4

At the very least, it would be nice if you guys would get rid of the floating money icon that pops up when you click on the collection button.  It has a tendency to drift under the mouse cursor, either preventing me from clicking the adjacent girl's icon in the grid view, or from scrolling that frame in the linear view.  In the latter case, it scrolls the entire page, so I have to scroll back up and settle back into the routine.

The loss of Tab+Enter has lead directly to me collecting less money throughout the day.  The real value of it was when the girls ready for collection were scattered around, because Tab would always jump the frame down the next girl ready for collection.  Now, I won't even bother until I can get 150k or so in one sitting.  With 120 girls in my harem, it's just too goddamn annoying to collect for less.

• Like 5