3-Star Vs 5-Star

ZackMacKenzie

Hello.

I started playing less than a week ago and I'm trying to get my bearings.

One of the things that I don't understand straight off is why there are girls at all levels of scarcity that have only 3 stars.  They require more Affection to upgrade 1 tier than 5-star girls do.  They have similar starting stats compared to 5-star girls of the same scarcity.    For 5-star girls the upgrade boost is 30% per tier...is it higher for 3-star girls or the same?  From what I've been able to read so far, they get the same boost, just 2 less of them.  So, that means we pay MORE to upgrade LESS and have a lower cap.  Why would anyone ever bother?

I also don't understand what the point of having nearly all the Rare+ girls with just 3-stars.  By my math, my Common/Starter L1's will have higher battle stats once they reach 4 or 5 stars than any of the Rare 3-stars I've unlocked can achieve.  It's close enough that I suspect that Epic 3s are slightly better than Common 5s, but probably not by much.

Am I missing something?  I'll probably end up advancing my not-destined-for-greatness 3-star girls since my main girls are usually XP-capped and I don't have any better girls to use.

ZM

The long-term plans are to upgrade every girl from 3 stars to 5 stars. That is just going to take a long time (maybe even never going to happen).

Anyway, some girls already have 5 stars and those do have an advantage over most 3 star girls. A girl at 5 stars has her stats multiplied with 2.5, while at 3 stars the multiplier is 1.9. Rarity increase the base stats (rare has higher base stats than common/starter), but only for legendary girls (and a few epic girls) this is enough to still be stronger at 3 stars than a common/starter girl at 5 stars.

P.S. the stats are also multiplied by the level of the girl, so higher level = vetter stats.