Any incentive to even stay at high league?

Valgo

I play at nutaku & barely able to stay on rank 46-60th at Dictator 1 while at Sexpert 3, I could easily stay at top 1-4th.

Given the circumstances on how the reward goes, is there even any reason for player to remain on higher league while they could just easily drop to lower league to reap bigger reward? 

2 weeks at D1 at rank 46-60th - 128 koban

1 weeks at D1 at bottom 15 & 1 weeks at S3 at rank 1 - 640 koban

Even if I get 2-4th place at S3, I still earn more than I did entirely on 2 weeks at D1 at rank 46-60th. 

16 hours ago, Valgo said:

I play at nutaku & barely able to stay on rank 46-60th at Dictator 1 while at Sexpert 3, I could easily stay at top 1-4th.

Given the circumstances on how the reward goes, is there even any reason for player to remain on higher league while they could just easily drop to lower league to reap bigger reward? 

2 weeks at D1 at rank 46-60th - 128 koban

1 weeks at D1 at bottom 15 & 1 weeks at S3 at rank 1 - 640 koban

Even if I get 2-4th place at S3, I still earn more than I did entirely on 2 weeks at D1 at rank 46-60th. 

Or choice 3: 2 weeks at S3 at rank 16-30th - 154 koban (nutaku)

The problem with the D1 S3 yo-yo strategy is if someone cuts your string. All you need is on other high power player in S3 doing the same thing to muck up your S3 1st.

But hey, as I have posted elsewhere, the more strategies people are using the more interesting the leagues are. So if you want to do it I say go for it. I suggest you also look at the XP gains/losses. A week of tanking enough to get demoted will probably cost you more than 1 level.

• Like 3

Honestly seems better to drop your league and maintain at a certain point. The experience I get from defeating people with lower levels than me is more than I get to losing to someone at a higher level than me. And that is by a significant margin. Also, easier to stay afloat in the 16-30 range and reap good rewards compared to the the next league up where I could be struggling to get into any decent place. 

Moving up in leagues where people have higher levels and therefore stronger doesnt really offer an incentive. The prizes aren't good enough in scale for that.