30 Day Gold card extension not giving kobans on extension.

Jizzmate

Hi all. I bought the 30 day gold card and got all the goodies, 4500 kobans and will see if I get the 150 per day. Later, I went to get more kobans and noticed I could "extend" the card for another 30 days, so, being a good deal, I did.

At first, it only gave me a "2 day extension" and I didn't get the additional 4500 kobans that "should" have came with the extra 30 days. I refreshed the page and checked and I did have 60 days showing, as I should have, but still didn't get my additional 4500 kobans .

Shouldn't I have gotten those since I basically bought the Gold card twice? Is this bug with the extension of the card?

You say you got 4500 kobans immediately when you bought the card?

The card isn't that good a deal actually - it should give you 150 kobans a day during 30 days or 4,500 kobans by the end of the period.
It doesn't give you 4,500 + 4,500.
So a two-month gold card will keep giving you 150 a day until you have received 9,000 kobans in 60 days. That's it, there will be no extra 4,500 kobans coming from anywhere.

It's very unlikely that you got 4,500 kobans just by buying the card. However, if you did get it for some reason, that was a bug and they will probably be taken from your account after devs read this topic. :)

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

You say you got 4500 kobans immediately when you bought the card?

The card isn't that good a deal actually - it should give you 150 kobans a day during 30 days or 4,500 kobans by the end of the period.
It doesn't give you 4,500 + 4,500.
So a two-month gold card will keep giving you 150 a day until you have received 9,000 kobans in 60 days. That's it, there will be no extra 4,500 kobans coming from anywhere.

It's very unlikely that you got 4,500 kobans just by buying the card. However, if you did get it for some reason, that was a bug and they will probably be taken from your account after devs read this topic. :)

Thanks for the reply. Well, it seems that the details or description for what you get with the card can be a bit confusing then, it seems to imply that you get both, as in..

*4500 kobans,* 150 per day. It could just be me being confused too. Likely the case.

Also, the 4500 kobans could have come from a "pop up" or flash deal that was 4500 kobans for $2.99, ( i think) for new players, as I bought that too at almost the same time as the extension. 

So the devs should be able to able to determine whats what. I made the 3 purchases the same day, 2 of them very close to each other. Maybe that's were the 4500 kobans came from. So I'm not worried about it, they can sort it out. I also saved my e-reciepts and I'll check those for the details.

Ha, I'm new to the game, so I'm not sure what's a "good deal" or not, especially when I thought that I'd get BOTH, the 4500 AND 150 a day, lol.

Thanks for the reply and clarifying the card parameters for me, much appreciated.

Edit;...just checked my e-receipts and it was a 5400 kobans for 4.99 purchase, made at almost the same time as the card. That is where I mistakenly thought I got 4500 kobans up front from the card. My bad, my confusion. 

Thanks again jaybee.

Edited by Jizzmate

Yeah, the game really-really does not want to sell you kobans. You can buy the card for 10 bucks a month, you got the one-time beginner's deal and there might be 2 other 80% off deals a year (that you can also buy only one time) but for the most part it will be 50 bucks for 7,200 kobans and no discounts (and obviously nobody really expects normal people to pay this much, the option is just there for desperate/crazy people or for those who have managed to steal credit card details and are not using their own money).

So kobans are precious and there will be very limited ways to get them (for the most part, you just get them for free through gameplay). And don't expect deals where you can stock up and buy them for cheap several times in a row.

Thanks for the heads up. Yea, that flash deal was pretty good, I just got it turned around..5400 to 4500,lol. I looked for the same one, but as you said, nope, wasn't there and your right, they are expensive to buy, especially the larger packs...too much, IMO.

Too bad they don't offer a deal/discount system for your time, loyalty or actual money spent playing. Yea, I can see this (and other games) getting real expensive if a person isn't disciplined, or is desperate and/or stupid. :) Fortunately for me, anytime an online purchase is made, I get notified to verify &  approve or dispute it. Nice service of my card companies.

Fun game, but like so many others, they seem to get greedy and make ya pay, a lot, to progress or just replace resources or $$ that gets used for EVERYTHING..even progressing a dang conversation, lol.

I'll play a bit and see how it goes.

Thanks again for your replies, advise and valuable input.

Just never spend kobans on progression or upgrades :) The game is one server for people who have been playing 3 years or 3 weeks, so you never catch up with anyone anyway. You never need to hurry to level up or progress to the next conversation in the story - it will happen quickly enough for free.
And by doing all the daily tasks and collecting all the rewards from everywhere you can get almost 7,200 kobans for free every month
- so you can think of it like the game giving you 50 bucks every month :) Yeah, if you are rich, you can spend to progress faster - but you have to be crazy rich to do that. The game actively asks normal people to slow down and not spend too much. Basically 10 bucks a month is the maximum that you can spend here (gold card), plus those two-three deals you get a year (around 5 bucks each, each deal available just once).
If you ever feel the need to spend more (i.e. buy kobans for the normal rate), you officially have a problem and you should remind yourself first that there is no need to do that.

Yea, I already bought a couple koban packs to stock up, before getting your replies. So, I got some to back me up for a bit, but as you said, remind myself I need not do it, especially buying more "energy" to continue a conversation, lol.

Thanks man, good input and advise.