3rd Kinkversary HH - Discussion

John 1039

12 hours ago, trunks2585 said:

When will we see golden bunny again?

This I want to know.  If I'm not mistaken, her last appearance in an event was before the shard system was put in place, and I didn't get her.  So she isn't even among my "clutter girls," the seven girls I have shards for but have no idea (as you alluded to, trunks) when or if I will be able to complete them.  And I really want her in my harem.

12 hours ago, trunks2585 said:

The second issue is winning shards for permanent pachinco girls on the epic days events.  You win X number of shards but don't get the girl.  Then you take a spent at pachico, maybe trying for an event girl but you don't want to run EvP because of it's no guaranteed rule.  Instead you get a girl you started, and now all those fights don't mean a damn thing.

Or, to put it mathematically...

• Say I spend 540 kobans on an Epic Pachinko game and win Petra, for whom I currently have 0 shards.  Each of those shards cost 5.4 kobans.
  • On the other hand, say I spend 540 kobans on an Epic Pachinko game and win Elina, for whom I already have 92 shards.  Each of those shards cost 67.5 kobans.
  • That difference of 1250% in the value of the game on a per-shard basis, for shards that in the event could have been considered to have the same value (equal drop rates), you have to admit, is pretty extreme.  It's actually enough that I wouldn't play Epic Pachinko, for fear of wasting my kobans on winning Petra or one of my other "clutter girls," rather than waiting for them to come back in events.
  • The effect of this math is compounded if I were to spend real money on kobans, as we're then talking about actual value per dollar, euro, etc.

There is one drawback to this math. What is the probability that you will win a girl for 540 kobans? 

So initial calculations can be multiplied by a factor from 1 to 20, random. And maybe up to 30 ... or 50. So it is more correct to immediately indicate the price of 5400 Kobans for a girl.

And if we talk about real money. That's 5 euros for the first time (novice package) and 40 euros for each next.

Edited by Салерион

Well you also have to consider if we are talking about playing through Hentai Heroes or if it's Harem Heroes off Nutaku, as the koban value's are slightly different on each sight (the rewards/costs retain their ratio, but the amount is lower on Nutaku)

That math was only intended as one concrete example of a scenario in which two options that should be equal were wildly unequal.  There are actually plenty of other possibilities that are even worse.  For instance, imagine ever opting to use the 6000 koban draft option to get a girl you already have several shards for.

The only reason I didn't mention the 5400 koban option, directly, is that one game at 540 kobans is equal to 10 games at 5400 kobans.  This, of course, assumes that the drop rate for a legendary girl is 10% per game with the 540 koban option, but since I didn't know if that's true, I didn't feel it would make for as clear an example.  Basically, I presented a best-case scenario of playing one game and winning that game.  As you pointed out, Салерион, it's all down hill from there!

• Thinking 1

1 play and win in Pachinko - it's only first try on account on EvP. And even this seems to be not for everyone. Even if the 1x-spin in Pachinko has a 10% chance (and I’m sure that there is less chance), it all depends on the location of the stars in the sky and the player’s personal luck. With a chance of 10%, someone can win 3 times in a row. And the other will not win once in 50 attempts. Welcome to the reality of "pure rendom".

So side note.  I've been poking around on the french side in their anniversary thread to see how the french community reacted to the event.  Apparently Kaos commented on the Discord server that the two girls they added were the planned girls for the July pachinko expansion.  AND ('according to the devs') they had planned to do what they did all along. 

Of course many on the french side doubt this and think the devs added the girls in a panic as damage control and don't believe Kaos.

So weather you all believe adding the girls monday was a calculated and greedy move to try and get players to spend money, or if you think it was poorly implemented damage control.  The stance of the Devs is it was planned.

Personally I think they should have said it was an apology, makes them seem less greedy that way.

Also even the mods on the french side were heavily bashing the event.  The french side does not hold back on criticism, and I personally don't blame them.  If I could speak the language I'd join them in the heckling.

1 ora fa, [CNO] BananaJoy ha scritto:

i was too lazy to translate all that stuff so i let me explain from my french clubmates. anyways. what kaos said is obviously a lie. if they planed that from the beginning there was no reason to release the 2 pachinko girls with a delay. they could have done this from the start.

On an anniversary it's not a strange thing to make surprises, and this was theirs, that which wouldn't have been such if they had done it from day one.

Moreover, in this way they also had an economic return as people found themselves in two days having to find a way to take two legendary girls without having been able to get organize for this.

As I've already written, there are also several proves that testify that it was all premeditated. On the contrary there was no reason to make changes just for some complaints.

If they had ever considered what the users wrote, the shard system as we know it would already be history.

• Thinking 1

16 hours ago, Салерион said:

1 play and win in Pachinko - it's only first try on account on EvP. And even this seems to be not for everyone. Even if the 1x-spin in Pachinko has a 10% chance (and I’m sure that there is less chance), it all depends on the location of the stars in the sky and the player’s personal luck. With a chance of 10%, someone can win 3 times in a row. And the other will not win once in 50 attempts. Welcome to the reality of "pure rendom".

Yes, but simplifying the conditions was the only way to make a reasonable mathematical comparison between two comparable possibilities.  Whatever other variables are added, the conclusion is still the same: You might pay a bunch of kobans to win 8 shards on a girl on whom you already have 92 shards, and that would be crap compared to paying the same amount of kobans to win a girl on whom you have no shards.  It would be the equivalent of winning 100 shards on that girl for the same amount of kobans spent to win 8 shards on the first.

the anniversary is a complete flop.

i still remember the first anniversary, my god that was a good event !!

now the only drops from bosses is champs that you could collect for free and they only drop shards... 

i've noticed that my drop in shards was reduced by a lot 1week befofe, i had only 4shards on 100battles+. 

maybe it's just bad luck and coincidence ?

but the girls they added later and giving 200 free action points is another punch in the face. we all know with the lower rng rate that we wont get them, you'd have to be incredibly lucky to obtain her with a 100shard drop

2 hours ago, Falco82 said:

On an anniversary it's not a strange thing to make surprises, and this was theirs, that which wouldn't have been such if they had done it from day one.

Moreover, in this way they also had an economic return as people found themselves in two days having to find a way to take two legendary girls without having been able to get organize for this.

As I've already written, there are also several proves that testify that it was all premeditated. On the contrary there was no reason to make changes just for some complaints.

If they had ever considered what the users wrote, the shard system as we know it would already be history.

sure other games have some surprise, but never heard of any game which is changing an event (or adding stuff) during a running event.