Girls' grouping

Jack_HH

The way the girls are grouped at the harem window has never been perfect, but it used to follow a certain logic: Quest girls were added chronologically, then trolls' girls were grouped with the girls of the same world; the same happening with the festival girls, being grouped with the girls of the same festival after all the Quest girls.

59a19d2d7d3ef_girlsgrouping.PNG.5331e3ab545acb2e7acf37ed3a721931.PNG

Here we can see all Invaded Kingdom girls grouped together, even when I didn't get them in that specific order.

But today I got Eugénie, my last Juy Sea girl, and the first I got since the update and the Travel Festival, and instead of being grouped with the rest of the Juy Sea's  girls, she ended up after the Travel girls, which makes me believe that the grouping was changed to be exclusively chronological after the update:

59a19e5d9e2a0_girlsgrouping2.PNG.517fbb3aa3816747725d5ca3692588fe.PNG

Since all worlds follow a certain theme, I thought it made sense that all girls who followed the same anime or video game inspiration would be grouped together, so I would like to request a return to the old grouping method. Or if it would be possible, to allow the players to group their harem however we want.

Edited by Jack_HH
  • Like 1

On 26/08/2017 at 10:17 PM, Shidou said:

The girls follow from this update on. A order mechanic of "Putting it at the bottem of the list" This is because of the increase of cost per each girl. It's easier to decide who to upgrade if you have more then just one girl left to do.

Increase of cost per girl? Did I miss something else with the update?

In any case, the old ordering was more logical. Putting them in the order of acquisition pretty much only allows people to see what they already knew. And even if that were a logical sorting method, which is certainly arguable, changing it halfway through the list for existing players just adds more confusion if anything.

Even if we aren't allowed to sort them manually ourselves, some pre-set sorting options could be made. "Grouped" as in the old system, "Chronological" as in the new system, "Revenue" possibly. If the argument is to make it easier to decide which to upgrade, sorting them by Affection level makes a lot more sense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sluimerstand said:

Increase of cost per girl? Did I miss something else with the update?

every girl obtained increases the costs to upgrade her. they need more and more affections points and the scenes become also more expensive with every girl u own.

I can think of several things for this...
  • Could add multiple buttons, sort alphabetically, sort by stars, sort by tiers, chronological order ... To automatically order Girls.
  • Drag-and-drop to manually sort.
  • Unify girls duplicate events. For example, being able to collect the money from Red Battle and Summer Red Battler at the same click.
  • Change the way you collect money since when you have many girls it is heavy to do. (And now that money is very little I'm not even encouraged to pick it up)

I insist that small details that improve the gameplay makes great a game :)

• Like 1

yeah, because Fairy on the fourth spot was so logical, wasn't it?
They were sorted on number.
Every girl had a number in the database, and that was how they were ordered.
It made as much sense as any other ordered list you can think off.

The only thing wrong about the new thing, is that they didn't order the old girls the same way.

On 8/26/2017 at 3:17 PM, Shidou said:

The girls follow from this update on. A order mechanic of "Putting it at the bottem of the list" This is because of the increase of cost per each girl. It's easier to decide who to upgrade if you have more then just one girl left to do.

Thank you for the explanation, Shidou. Since I have more than enough gifts to max the affection of the new girls immediately after getting them, I never though that it might be an issue for other players. 

Nevertheless, while this new order might make sense from an economical point of view, the girls end up feeling more like assets than actual characters, and if the objective of the new mechanic is for the player to have a closer relationship with the new girls, grouping them like assets isn't the way to go.

As other players have been saying, a solution would be to add buttons to the harem window that could allow different sortings: Economical, thematic, chronological, etc..