Champions - Suddenly really hard

Baycastle

Ok, so I have been happily fighting the champions. Now I am at the last one, Alban.

I am on my 5th circle. Everything has gone fine until now. The last few battles I have been doing 5-600K a battle, usually 5 girls hit him before the battle is over.

Now, suddenly only 3 girls hit him and I am down to 250K per battle. My defense is suddenly 0 and he has more than 19M ego. And his girl gives me a 158K hit. So I need 76 tickets to down him. 

Is this normal? Is it a bug?

And if not a bug, why? It's just really boring..

Ok, thx for the answer!

So, basically I was unlucky and got a position that Alban's girl had.

Can't say I like the mechanics. Too much luck involved. And going from 20 tickets to 80 is just a pain. Now I will have to spend 2-3 weeks saving tickets. Thats no fun.

Suggestion: Have a reset button that resets the fight. So that when you get a lousy rotation you can get a new one. It can cost tickets or Kobans. Or reset it every day if impression is zero.

Otherwise, love the game and keep up the good work!

• 1 month later...

Yesterday was extremely frustrating. None of my girls did anything, so five turns of battle netted me an average of five girls between defeats. On my last play, the "ignore this rounds impressions" bug hit twice, so I went five rounds, which counted as three rounds and gained a miserly 95.8 in cash. Seven hours later, the "lose 30%" cycle hit me even though I had played the Champions game every time I got a ticket (11 times in 24 hours). The final result was a gain of less than a million in cash and a loss of 327 thousand impressions battling Ryu for the third cycle in stage five. I am not whining about this because I have to believe similar days of frustrations hit everyone from time to time. It would be nice if the developers would at least acknowledge the apparent bugs in Champions.

• Thinking 1

5 hours ago, Pelinor said:

Seven hours later, the "lose 30%" cycle hit me even though I had played the Champions game every time I got a ticket (11 times in 24 hours).

It's 24 hours from first battle, not 24 hours of not battling. Always has been. Also 10%. I don't understand how we have to tell people this so many times. Let alone whatever nonsense you were talking about previously.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

It's 24 hours from first battle, not 24 hours of not battling. Always has been. Also 10%. I don't understand how we have to tell people this so many times. Let alone whatever nonsense you were talking about previously.

My point in relating the day's events was to point out that I HAD been playing (doing battle) with this champion 11 times in said 24 hour period, and I was still hit with the loss. I get the loss of impressions if a player is not active, hell, I use this to my advantage on one of the champions.

15 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

My point in relating the day's events was to point out that I HAD been playing (doing battle) with this champion 11 times in said 24 hour period, and I was still hit with the loss. I get the loss of impressions if a player is not active, hell, I use this to my advantage on one of the champions.

Its not about inactivity. It's about not finishing it off. 24 hours after the first battle impression goes down. You can battle every 15 minutes, but it goes down after 24 hours because it's not intended as an inactivity feature.

• Thanks 1

What's most annoying about the 0 defense value is when you trigger harmony for a charmbased girl, charm will double defense which is nonexistant they should change this to something that will make triggering harmony worth it like adding 1/2 or even only 1/4 of attack to defense at least that would be less frustrating to see a 0 double to 0.

Eight hours of play, 28 tickets for stage five against Alban. My reward? A background picture for one of my girls. Given the time investment, this round is not a satisfying outcome as it does zero when it comes to gameplay, leaving me with the feeling that I just wasted my day off.

54 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

Eight hours of play, 28 tickets for stage five against Alban. My reward? A background picture for one of my girls. Given the time investment, this round is not a satisfying outcome as it does zero when it comes to gameplay, leaving me with the feeling that I just wasted my day off.

You're forgetting about the 27 instances of Ymens. Those have a non-zero impact on gameplay.

5 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

You're forgetting about the 27 instances of Ymens. Those have a non-zero impact on gameplay.

True, but the "exclusive background" is identical to the "exclusive theme," which means there is nothing unique in the reward. I had to look at both the hero and the girl's area to discover what I received. A real award would not have such an ambiguity. The developers can do better.

5 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

True, but the "exclusive background" is identical to the "exclusive theme," which means there is nothing unique in the reward. I had to look at both the hero and the girl's area to discover what I received. A real award would not have such an ambiguity. The developers can do better.

So can the players. You ignored the value of 27 rewards, focused on 1 and said you got nothing.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/16/2020 at 1:35 PM, GeorgeMTO said:

So can the players. You ignored the value of 27 rewards, focused on 1 and said you got nothing.

First of all, ofcourse i respect that you can have your own opinion. I don't know if you get any rewards for defending every single negative feedback, because you are always in defending position. If you get any rewards for this, then ofcourse i understand why you are doing this. If not, then i think you can also confirm that the most of the players are complaining about The Champions. And if you like it or not the customer is always right.

But maybe it's a good idea (ofcourse if you are in touch with devs) that you give the feedbacks through to them, but again maybe they are reading the feedbacks aswell.

I like the game and i am playing every day at least 3 hours even more. I am playing since 5 months and am now lvl 235, this means that i am really very active player and enjoying the game and that i am spending money. But it's starting to getting boring because of the champions. You can say you get ymens but the aim is not getting ymens, the aim is to get the girl.

I am not complaining that i finished 6th cirkel and busy with the 7th for Any at the Visor's Home. But it's not fun that you don't get the girl but only the rewards you don't want at the 5th stage, after that it's getting harder and harder to get to 5th stage. I am now at the 7th cirkel and the champion has the first 3 fights with favorite position of the girl. I need 17.139.060 impression points and even i have everything maxed out i have only 200K ego. i can only hit twice before my ego is zero. i need at least 100 tickets for hte 1st stage maybe even more.

You don't need to defend this, they like it or not we (customers) give our feedback and they are supposed to satisfy their customers and if they don't listen to the feedbacks and do not nothing about the issues then the players will play the game less and less by the time. Ofcourse they can't keep 100% of players satisfied, but this is an issue that too many players are complaining about it. And it's also not fair that a player who started 1 year ago to play had the chance to get the champions girls easier then the players who started 6 months ago.

7 hours ago, Carlos-69 said:

I don't know if you get any rewards for defending every single negative feedback, because you are always in defending position. If you get any rewards for this, then ofcourse i understand why you are doing this. If not, then i think you can also confirm that the most of the players are complaining about The Champions. And if you like it or not the customer is always right.

I'm in the defending position when the person providing the feedback is stating incorrect facts. See above to where the user said they were losing 30% of max impression (the actual figure is 10%), and that they'd been battling so 24 hours of inactivity shouldn't have triggered at all (when it's not an inactivity feature). When the person providing the feedback is an idiot, I correct them. You are totally within your right to dislike the feature. That doesn't mean you make shit up to make it look worse than it is.

The only reward I get for it is that satisfying feeling you get from telling someone that they're wrong/an idiot. Which is a pretty good feeling. There is a reasonable amount of negative feedback about the Champions, but most players are NOT complaining about anything. Most players don't interact with the forum/fb/twitter at all. Even posting here makes you a part of the minority.

Also if you think the customer is always right, you've obviously never worked with customers. They're almost never right. Fuck that line of thought.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Today, in four out of six rounds in stage five of battling Visor, the impressions were NOT recorded. The red numbers showed what should have happened, but the status bar didn't move, and the impression numbers did not change. Combine that result with the zero defense in stage five. It doesn't matter if you have thirty tickets, you feel cheated because you are not getting what you pay for in this situation. That is a fact!

On 2/10/2020 at 1:40 AM, GeorgeMTO said:

I'm in the defending position when the person providing the feedback is stating incorrect facts. See above to where the user said they were losing 30% of max impression (the actual figure is 10%), and that they'd been battling so 24 hours of inactivity shouldn't have triggered at all (when it's not an inactivity feature). When the person providing the feedback is an idiot, I correct them. You are totally within your right to dislike the feature. That doesn't mean you make shit up to make it look worse than it is.

The only reward I get for it is that satisfying feeling you get from telling someone that they're wrong/an idiot. Which is a pretty good feeling. There is a reasonable amount of negative feedback about the Champions, but most players are NOT complaining about anything. Most players don't interact with the forum/fb/twitter at all. Even posting here makes you a part of the minority.

Also if you think the customer is always right, you've obviously never worked with customers. They're almost never right. Fuck that line of thought.

Well how you correct them is up to you, but maybe some are not good in English en they don't understand or maybe some are not good at all with the computers, and because of that they give feedback with wrong facts.

I like the feature, but i don't like the way they changed. Maybe it would make it better if they make it sure that the player get the chance to hit 5 times or that the champion dosn't get the favorite positions at the 5th stage. Because it's really not fun that you only can hit 1 or 2 times.

And i work now 27 years with customers 😏. The philosophy behind that line of thought is that even if the customer is not right, still he is right if you want them as customer. Ofcourse you can also think "fuck those customers, such customers i don't want". Sometimes i think also of a customer "prefer to lose him above to keep him", but that is in extreme cases ofcourse. Because i want to keep earning money 😁

I gave my feedback, if they read they can do whatever they want ofcourse. But i found my solution, i think i will buy nothing (even the gold card which i bought every month since playing this game) and wait with fighting the champions till i am lvl 350. Till then just play maybe an hour, do daily stuff. Maybe after 2 years i will be lvl 350 ☺️

Edited by Carlos-69

Today is weird, I should be mad, but I am not. I finished my third circle with Visor, and as usual, I did not get the girl. The reward I received was a blue box with lightning running around the edges (and no clue on what the picture represents). I looked in my player profile and on the market. Nothing in themes or sceneries, nope, nothing in the market either. So whatever it is must be a new set of clothes, right? I mean, what else could an "exclusive outfit" be? Nope, it was a character item. So even when I accept the fact that most rewards given in stage five will not be usable in gameplay, the system provides me something never promised. I know a better term, try "Exclusive Accoutre," which opens the door for additional abuse of player sensibilities, but which at least more accurately describes the reward.

Okay... I've never gotten a girl or outfit yet - lots of scenaries/themes and the great legendary items along the way.  I've been playing daily (aside from a sick day or day when I wasn't able to get to my computer) and have completed 4 rounds at Morning Wood House, 3 rounds at Pride Mansion, 1 round each at Beyond Garden and Elites University.  I don't know if my drop rate for the girls/outfits is low or not - but would love feedback.

Also, I was happily grinding along for the higher levels, even if I didn't advance much in a given day (no access at work, sleep, family, etc means I'm usually on for a total of a couple hours a day) - I knew that eventually I'd complete a level/round.  The new system with impressions cuts is very unclear and difficult.  I've been working on my first Visor round for over 2 months now and have been stuck on the 3rd diamond for over a month.  When I started Visor I realized I needed to save up tickets and hit him as many times as possible in a short period of time to advance, but even when I spend 8 hours straight or 14+ hours in a day on it, I can't reach the end of the stage.  Having to save up tickets also means I use up all the tickets (having reached 3-4 million impressions) and then watch it zero out while I'm getting new tickets - even if I continue to play the tickets as fast as I get them! 

Someone (GeorgeMTO) posted that the cut is 24 hours after the first battle and only 10% - and that's not what I'm seeing.  I was at 1.3 million impressions around 4AM - after the initial cut that dropped me back down to 750k impressions sometime between 11PM-2AM.  I got back on today at 4PM and found it cut again to 900k impressions.  That doesn't equal 10% each cut and I had more than 1 cut in a 24 hour period.

Again, feedback would be appreciated and if the developers are listening, clarity and some consideration of the fact that not all users can constantly access the game would be helpful.

Thanks, Kuanyang

Just now, Kuanyang said:

Someone (GeorgeMTO) posted that the cut is 24 hours after the first battle and only 10% - and that's not what I'm seeing.  I was at 1.3 million impressions around 4AM - after the initial cut that dropped me back down to 750k impressions sometime between 11PM-2AM.  I got back on today at 4PM and found it cut again to 900k impressions.  That doesn't equal 10% each cut and I had more than 1 cut in a 24 hour period.

10% of the MAXIMUM value, not your current value.

If you don't have enough time/tickets to clear the higher champions, focus on the lower ones and go back to the higher ones when you've leveled up more and are thus stronger is unfortunately the only real advice you can get, as I don't think the advice of "spend large amounts of kobans to buy additional tickets and use the multi battle feature" is good for you.