English Translation - Corrections?

DREW77

Can we volunteer to correct the English translation?

There are lot of typos & spelling errors, which is kinda annoying. I could pick on grammar too, but I can't claim mine is flawless.

In the Bonny affection scenes for example, there are two errors in the first scene, and another in the third!

If you do respond please quote, as I may not check back here often.

On 9/12/2017 at 7:54 AM, DREW77 said:

Can we volunteer to correct the English translation?

There are lot of typos & spelling errors, which is kinda annoying. I could pick on grammar too, but I can't claim mine is flawless.

In the Bonny affection scenes for example, there are two errors in the first scene, and another in the third!

If you do respond please quote, as I may not check back here often.

7 hours ago, ThisLad said:

Or you could point any typo's or mistakes you happen to come by?

As this one I've just come across in the activities;

LOL, I saw that one too.

There is little point in doing it if they are going to ignore it, and to post it all in here would be spoilers to anyone who read.

Plus for some there would e some degree of dialogue with the authors needed. I am pretty sure the whole navel thing in Admittance of the Dead is supposed to be some other word, but not sure what concept they are trying to describe.

1 hour ago, DREW77 said:

LOL, I saw that one too.

There is little point in doing it if they are going to ignore it, and to post it all in here would be spoilers to anyone who read.

That bug was reported at some other point before. will probably be fixed eventually.... 

1 hour ago, DREW77 said:

Plus for some there would e some degree of dialogue with the authors needed. I am pretty sure the whole navel thing in Admittance of the Dead is supposed to be some other word, but not sure what concept they are trying to describe.

I would prefere the term "hollow" kinda like in Dark Souls, but its also Navel in the french original so its more or less an original name that cant be translated.

Edited by Shidou

1 hour ago, Sarkasth said:

I would prefere the term "hollow" kinda like in Dark Souls, but its also Navel in the french original so its more or less an original name that cant be translated.

Yeah? I thought that at one stage, then got to a page (620) where it talks about navelizing men, and it kinds of reads like he wants to neuter all the men so he can have all the girls.

Yeah, kinda confusing.

I looked up Shingami, they are an actual thing in Japanese mythology, which is why I hoped navel would make more sense eventually.

If it is supposed to be a name, IMHO it would be better to change it to something meaningless in English to reduce confusion.

11 minutes ago, Sarkasth said:

guess u didnt read the story very well then.

Well, the writing is a bit crap, but exact quote is:

"To make all the women of the realm of the dead be my harem. And the men? I'll navelize them all"

See, in that page, and others, neuter seems to work well.

Much better than "Jonathanize" or "Davidize".

And Shingami is normally capitalised, but navel isn't.

I used to get top marks for English comprehension and composition... Before I became an Injuneer.

Edited by DREW77

15 hours ago, Sarkasth said:

That bug was reported at some other point before. will probably be fixed eventually.... 

As I believe the entire story-arc to be based on Bleach, I'd say "hollow" is the way to go.

• 6 months later...
On 2017-09-26 at 6:54 PM, DREW77 said:

Well, the writing is a bit crap, but exact quote is:

"To make all the women of the realm of the dead be my harem. And the men? I'll navelize them all"

See, in that page, and others, neuter seems to work well.

Much better than "Jonathanize" or "Davidize".

And Shingami is normally capitalised, but navel isn't.

I used to get top marks for English comprehension and composition... Before I became an Injuneer.

Well as the story is losely based on bleach navelize is their word for hollowification. i think the devs don´t want to use the terms from the original to not make it to obvious for lawsuit reasons and therefore switch it up. also it´s much more fun when doing a parody to switch the important words to something funny :P

Hollowification is the act in bleach where you turn into a hollow becoming a monster and eat/turn others souls, here navels destroys peoples sex drives instead but same basic idea and concept :P 

big bleach fan myself so loved this arc!  good job devs <3