Memory leak

jay533

Playing on Windows 10 Chrome, the game just constantly starts eating all RAM as soon as it finishes loading. It starts at around 6k MB and then steadily goes up until it reaches max (28 GB). On that note, this game takes waaaayy too much RAM in general, I can have youtube and twitch running at the same time and they both combined don't touch the baseline memory this game takes.

55 minutes ago, jay533 said:

Playing on Windows 10 Chrome, the game just constantly starts eating all RAM as soon as it finishes loading. It starts at around 6k MB and then steadily goes up until it reaches max (28 GB). On that note, this game takes waaaayy too much RAM in general, I can have youtube and twitch running at the same time and they both combined don't touch the baseline memory this game takes.

This is a known problem with many WebGL Unity applications and commented on threw-out this forum many times. There are a few things you can try like disabling addons, making shure you end process in task manager etc you can find all these workarounds by simply searching WebGL Unity Leek on any search portal. You can also try using applications like FireFox browser that some seem to find works much better and is far less prone to this problem. I'm sorry I can't be of more help to you in this issue.. :)

1 hour ago, maxafax said:

You can also try using applications like FireFox browser that some seem to find works much better and is far less prone to this problem.

Oh, geez, really?  I'm using Firefox, and I get this error regularly, usually about twice a day.  I hate to think I'm getting the long end of the stick at that rate, and that people who aren't using Firefox are getting it even more often than that!

1 hour ago, EdMuse said:

Oh, geez, really?  I'm using Firefox, and I get this error regularly, usually about twice a day.  I hate to think I'm getting the long end of the stick at that rate, and that people who aren't using Firefox are getting it even more often than that!

Every 20 min sometimes mate when I use MS edge and yet some times I can go all day without any problems say for those that are related to the puzzle game etc , but many have said that they are not suffering the same fait on there PC with firefox which is why I mention it as a possibility. Personally I do not use the browser partly due to DoH and partly due to there attitude towards the UK market.

• Sad 1

Well, looking at the memory usage, I think the issue is with one of these three things:

• Critical idle 
  • Critical money
  • Skipping stage

The game increases its memory usage whenever one of these things happens, particularly when it happens many times in a row (or when all 3 happen). Since all 3 of these events are from charms, I'm going to see if an account without them doesn't have this issue.

Created a new account, played to Stage 2000, base memory usage is definitely much lower (but that's most likely due to not having the same number of girls to load), but there haven't been any memory spikes at all. I'd do more testing but progress is too slow for me to continue. 

3 hours ago, maxafax said:

I think it is most likely to do with the amount of resources it has to load rather than what resources.

The game preloads all of the assets (girls/pictures) that your account currently has unlocked (my account needs 1/28 and then 1/287), and memory usage increases in the task manager shows it being loaded in. Something I'm noticing is that the amount of memory being used when it finishes loading is different sometimes (around 10k MB difference!) After it finishes loading, memory usage stays consistent until it suddenly locks/freezes, which causes the memory usage to jump. These freezes don't last a consistent amount of time, but while the game is frozen it just keeps taking RAM. Looking at the developer console, the following message appears during loading and in the game itself:

warning: X FS.syncfs operations in flight at once, probably just doing extra work

I've noticed that the X number of operations steadily increases overtime. Googling the warning has results where other Unity games on Chrome have had memory leaks. If a developer is reading this, you might want to check out disabling 'IndexedDB' or changing how you use it. Link below describes one solution to the memory leak (from 2015, so may not be as useful). 

https://github.com/emscripten-core/emscripten/pull/3867

11 hours ago, Toranaga said:

Same problem for me, game eating up all memory ... great way to kill my enthusiasm about the game ...
So if this continues much longer, I'm out of here ... and I guess a lot of other players as well ...

Same, the fact that it takes 5+ minutes for everything to load for it to simply stop working after 2 minutes really stops me from being able to enjoy the game.

I find mine tends to freeze or slow to a point I cant do anything and that memory usage jumps by around 600% (at least when I use MS Edge) just after a reforge … but its kind of understandable because my stats are massive and my start level is way above my reforge (7081 Forge vs Girl level  11755) also almost all my effects critical continually including Yen Idle and click and I have full skip % so I can understand how mine really gets bad but seeing the same problem so many time on users with far less developed accounts really is a puzzler to me.

2 hours ago, maxafax said:

I can understand how mine really gets bad but seeing the same problem so many time on users with far less developed accounts really is a puzzler to me.

It's not just crit particles (text) but also Ymen particle spray on stage completion and +number particles near your Ymen amount.

From what I was able to observe (and can demonstrate with some screen capping) there are 3 problem areas for fps:

- fullscreen blur and shade effect on every frame on boss levels

- text particles (could be suboptimal number crunching - doesn't matter if numbers are big)

- UI render (could also be suboptimal number crunching)

7 hours ago, FinderKeeper said:

It's not just crit particles (text) but also Ymen particle spray on stage completion and +number particles near your Ymen amount.

From what I was able to observe (and can demonstrate with some screen capping) there are 3 problem areas for fps:

- fullscreen blur and shade effect on every frame on boss levels

- text particles (could be suboptimal number crunching - doesn't matter if numbers are big)

- UI render (could also be suboptimal number crunching)

you mean like below :)

Annotation 2020-04-22 003112.jpg

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, maxafax said:

...my start level is way above my reforge (7081 Forge vs Girl level  11755)...

Damn, man!  What's your Mojo Runic Wallpaper level to make that happen?  So basically, after each forge reset, you click once or twice on Felicia, then just let it run until you're almost at max stage?

3 hours ago, EdMuse said:

Damn, man!  What's your Mojo Runic Wallpaper level to make that happen?  So basically, after each forge reset, you click once or twice on Felicia, then just let it run until you're almost at max stage?

I don't need to click on anyone to be ALMOST max stage, I have max all crafts and max on all three level reset contacts. 11755 is the maximum current reset level possible well actually its supposed to be 11750 but they added a extra tick to runic that technically shouldn't be there. It's worth knowing that you have to wait for it to reach around 11800 before you can add even one level to Felicia which takes around 7-10 min from a reforge as it climbs up the levels even when they are instantly completed. I reach around 12518 until it slows down to taking around 1-2 min to pass a level (if I don't click anything) if I star clicking I will reach around 12590 after a few min if I then activate all the temporary buffs I can push it to 12620 but that's mainly due to the lack of multipliers in my HC and KH fields else I could probably push to 12650 all without adding any levels to any girls or having any boosters. If I did click add levels to Felicia I would reach maximum within a few min by the time the stage reaches over 12,600 I can add over 650 levels to Felica which makes her just over 12400 level enough to push to max or if I click add max a second time at stage 12991 it adds another 340+ levels making her over 12770 which instantly reaches max. Point being that even with adding levels to Felica and clicking it still takes round 15 min to reach max from a reset.

Edited by maxafax
adittion
  • Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 12:03 PM, maxafax said:

I don't need to click on anyone to be ALMOST max stage, I have max all crafts and max on all three level reset contacts. 11755 is the maximum current reset level possible well actually its supposed to be 11750 but they added a extra tick to runic that technically shouldn't be there. It's worth knowing that you have to wait for it to reach around 11800 before you can add even one level to Felicia which takes around 7-10 min from a reforge as it climbs up the levels even when they are instantly completed. I reach around 12518 until it slows down to taking around 1-2 min to pass a level (if I don't click anything) if I star clicking I will reach around 12590 after a few min if I then activate all the temporary buffs I can push it to 12620 but that's mainly due to the lack of multipliers in my HC and KH fields else I could probably push to 12650 all without adding any levels to any girls or having any boosters. If I did click add levels to Felicia I would reach maximum within a few min by the time the stage reaches over 12,600 I can add over 650 levels to Felica which makes her just over 12400 level enough to push to max or if I click add max a second time at stage 12991 it adds another 340+ levels making her over 12770 which instantly reaches max. Point being that even with adding levels to Felica and clicking it still takes round 15 min to reach max from a reset.

Whats your fastest time for a reset? If i use autoclicker and keira i can do it in about 7mins

7 hours ago, extecter said:

Whats your fastest time for a reset? If i use autoclicker and keira i can do it in about 7mins

I don't use any automation, you don't need to when you have IDLE or CLICK to IDLE conversion the game will do it for you.

You mean from when I am able to add levels? around 2min , from reforge 8-14min (depending on GFX lag). It doesn't matter how high your DPS/DPC is you are still limited to passing each stage, even with a higher reforge level of 7801 and maximum possible skip you still have to go threw 780 Boss encounters and then an additional 5200 stages so even without the GFX slowdown with optimal leveling skills its still always going to take around 10 min+.

It doesn't make any difference what girl I use Keira, Felicia, Spring or even Mizuki I'm too powerful for it to change the results.

I only reset 1x a day no need to do more just for affection I already have over 177A8 Forge-Mojo which is more than enough to max any new craft added in the immediate future.

Edited by maxafax

39 minutes ago, maxafax said:

I don't use any automation, you don't need to when you have IDLE or CLICK to IDLE conversion the game will do it for you.

You mean from when I am able to add levels? around 2min , from reforge 8-14min (depending on GFX lag). It doesn't matter how high your DPS/DPC is you are still limited to passing each stage, even with a higher reforge level of 7801 and maximum possible skip you still have to go threw 780 Boss encounters and then an additional 5200 stages so even without the GFX slowdown with optimal leveling skills its still always going to take around 10 min+.

It doesn't make any difference what girl I use Keira, Felicia, Spring or even Mizuki I'm too powerful for it to change the results.

I only reset 1x a day no need to do more just for affection I already have over 177A8 Forge-Mojo which is more than enough to max any new craft added in the immediate future.

It does matter if you use Autoclicker or not. The game doesnt click nearly as fast enough to make up for autoclicks. Without  i need 13min which mostly is the progress from 0- around 11k where i can add more points to Keira but with AC on i only need 7mins. Im doing most Content that require you to level up things with Keira + Sex Tape Souvenir. Autoclicker goes on and i just hower over Keira and afk again, fast than Felicias slow Idle but that could change if they remove levelcap

"HaHa" all you want but you never tried it and saying you need 10min+ for a reforge is just wrong. Also how can you have lags with your 2080 

Edited by extecter
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, extecter said:

It does matter if you use Autoclicker or not. The game doesnt click nearly as fast enough to make up for autoclicks. Without  i need 13min which mostly is the progress from 0- around 11k where i can add more points to Keira but with AC on i only need 7mins. Im doing most Content that require you to level up things with Keira + Sex Tape Souvenir. Autoclicker goes on and i just hower over Keira and afk again, fast than Felicias slow Idle but that could change if they remove levelcap

Not that this is anything to do with memory leeks but it do's if you have enough perks/enhancements/charms and other effects. Also you do know you can be banned from the game for using a autoclicker application or script (Not that they usually ban people for the use of just a auto clicker) most clicker games accept that it is human nature to use such applications to aid in there gaming but it is at there discursion.

Im aware but tbh i dont care enough to not use it. If they wanted a reason to ban accounts they would ban all those who abused the glitch where you could gain event rewards over and over again after Forge reset. Seeing that my test account is still accessible im pretty sure they dont care 

Im glad this memoryleak stays active in writings here.

I suggested while ago they would put ingame option to choose some graphical features,quality of arts,transparency,shadows etc etc.

i would like to think that active playerbase would be somewhat bigger the more "easygoing" game is.nowadays people dont like waiting and reloading.

To put it simpliest way:i would like to have option "disable effects" and/or "disable HD".

Like someone said earlier,this memoryleak takes fun out of game thats suposed to be fun

yours:ted

• 4 weeks later...

It's getting worse and worse

Even with a 1Gbps connection it takes several minutes to load the game (more in background)

After that, it's so slow for the first 15min that it's unplayable... the game is just eating more and more RAM

All that to half the time crash the browser, so pray to be in the other half where you'll have a few hours to play before the crash.

Edited by nelson29

23 hours ago, nelson29 said:

Even with a 1Gbps connection it takes several minutes to load the game (more in background)

After that, it's so slow for the first 15min that it's unplayable... the game is just eating more and more RAM

All that to half the time crash the browser, so pray to be in the other half where you'll have a few hours to play before the crash.

Yes it can get very bad at times for some of the players while some others seem never to have a problem. I play 4 accounts of fap titans simultaneously 2 in ms edge and 2 in chrome, there open all day everyday and my memory never goes into silly amounts nor do I get disconnected or login slowdown. Yet I have in the past in this game for months so it has to be the way they have programmed it as ft also uses webGL 

On 5/19/2020 at 4:17 PM, nelson29 said:

This mirrors my experience almost exactly. 

On 5/23/2020 at 1:16 PM, nelson29 said:

And another crash...

This time the game reached 57Go of memory usage before crashing !!! (my ram + swap = 58Go)

It would be nice for devs to acknowledge that bug and to work on it.

They never acknowledge problems and "almost" never refund players when you loose stuff due to there poor programming, it took months for them to refund people when they messed up monthly card and even then a lot of people including my self did not get all the missing currency while many other issues have just been blatantly ignored as evidenced by the fact that this is just one of many complaints posted here and directly suggested to them many times spanning multiple issues regarding game integrity, yet nothing appears to get fixed. Shure they add the occasional UI improvement and new events but these are pointless if fundamental elements of the game constantly fail or if users can't even get into the game in the first place. I played WOW for over 15 years and was very active in there community and when players had problems they always admitted that there was an issue and told players what they where doing to try and address it. Granted that they do not have the same kind of resources or man power but its hardly a big ask for them even if just once every few weeks they actually read what's posted on here and responded, they wouldn't need to even respond directly just a few notes in the locked patch section would be nice. Alas however they can't even be bothered to do that...

I spent 3 hours trying to load the game yesterday, while there's an event requiring a lot of presence, and today I'm already 1H into the loading / memory hog loop

They should not expect anyone to commit to a game so poorly coded.