"Path of Attraction" Alternative Concept

MuljoStpho

I'm not sure that I really "want" to see this new event format return at all to begin with, but if you really want to keep it around I have some thoughts....

1. Present us with a list of different types of objectives, similar to what you've done with "Path of Attraction #1"... but allow progress on them all to count in parallel with each other.
  2. When a particular objective's target is reached, award some "path tokens" plus whatever other little reward... And then level up that objective so it now calls for a bigger target to reach and the path token reward might increment and the extra reward scales up a bit as well.
  3. A certain number of "path tokens" may be spent on a grand prize (new girl).  If there are multiple different grand prizes available, the cost scales up for each next one.  (So for example maybe it costs 10 tokens the first time you claim a grand prize, 15 tokens the second time, 20 tokens the third time, etc.)
  4. Maybe when the event ends any unused path tokens remaining get converted into random extra rewards.
  5. Do NOT lock a second set of rewards behind a big purchase.  I'd be opposed to there being any mechanic like this at all, but if you really feel like you must include something along those lines I'd propose maybe an option on each separate level of each separate objective to pay a SMALL amount to turbocharge that level, which will extend the target that that level is asking you to reach but it will reward extra path tokens and the other reward will be boosted as well.

Anybody else have any other ideas to add onto mine?  Or a whole other alternative format to suggest?

• Like 1

Hmm... looks like you have done quite a bit of thinking. Here are my reactions on your ideas:

1. Aaaw man i so hard support this!! Its annoying to have to redo any potential progress. I spent quite a bit of money "buying" items to sell 40 of em (used great pachinko) but the next objective was to spend 800k money :facepalm: But if this in done there wont be any recurring objectives... like there are 3 objectives for pvp wins (30,40 and then 50... o wait isnt this already similar to your second idea o/_O)
  2. Hmm good idea... looking at the current objective such a thing needs the base bar to be set low though. Like wins against villains be brought down to like 15-20 and then upgraded to 30 then 40 or something.🤔
  3. This is increasing the complexity but meh... will be fun >.< Although yeah i think if this were to e done one would need more than 5 days
  4. Ah cool... nice cherry for the pudding.
  5. Ah okay i will have to oppose you there. I mean atleast in the present setup it fits. Just hear me out. 7.2k gives an extra legendary girl plus doule the rewards you earned untill then.  Imagine if this even didnt exist and you were to get those rewards from other means. Apart from events you can get legendary girls from epic pachinko. (not considering mythic since i hardly  see legendary there) Now single pachinko spins aint worth it so you go for 10 games, spend 5.4k kobans and somehow get a legendary girl on the first try. The other rewards would cost you 1-2 kobans if you bought them. Basically for about the same amount you get a legendary girl whose identity is know plus random other rewards. If you are actually interested in the other legendary girl i'd say 7.2k kobans is a fair price. Afterall nothing is left to chance this way. I'd prefer this id i see a legendary girl of my class locked. The devs could have just given us one set of rewards. But nah... they added a 2nd set... for a price that is. If nothing in the event changes... atleast lets be optimistic that we are not wasting kobans on a bad deal. I am not saying this system shouldnt change. It would be great if it did. I am just saying its fair.

Those are my thoughts. Any comments are welcome. And nice work MuljoStpho, its a good system suggestion :)

To be fair on the commentary on my 5th point, I am kind of coming at this from the "free to play" player's perspective.  At the same time though, I do acknowledge that the game just isn't going to be tailored entirely around how I might want to see it and that the devs are going to be looking for out for their own interests by putting in something that they hope people will be willing to pay real money for.

My line of thinking on how this might play out if they were to make use of any of my ideas here (with whatever numbers they would want to use, obviously (I don't expect the random example values I spit out to just blindly get used)) is that they would likely try to balance the scaling per level of the targets and rewards of each of the objectives (which I imagined being an open-ended system with no caps on how high each particular objective could go, by the way (in the second point you seemed to be expecting a limitation of three levels per objective)), plus the costs of the girls as well, so that just as previous events always had pachinko-exclusive rewards outside of the reach of f2p players this would also end up with some sort of setup that makes it damn near impossible for f2p to win all of the event's grand prizes.  If it costs a total of 30 tokens to win both of two available girls, perhaps the devs would anticipate an average f2p player being capable of earning somewhere around 15 tokens and that an average paying player would be capable of earning somewhere around 30 tokens.

On the third point, how long an event like this might need to last would probably scale with how many girls they associate with it.  I suppose though that they probably specifically limited this event to two girls to cut back on new art assets required from their artists, and if that's whats going on anyway then we'd see that limit applied to my version as well.  Anyway, the point of adding this token system is that with the objectives running in parallel instead of having a linear sequence between them there would need to be a new way to determine an "end" to the event path.  (The suggestion in the fourth point then turns any excess effort (any objective levels completed beyond what gets you enough tokens to unlock all the girls you're going to be able to unlock) into additional small prizes when it ends.)

Anyway, about the costs, there could also be the possibility that the devs don't handle the costs of those prizes (and the fair choice between any of them when you claim a prize) the way I proposed.  They could just state plainly that one girl will cost 10 and the other will cost 20.  (In my proposal, perhaps first claim costs 10 tokens and second claim costs 20 tokens.  You'd have your fair choice between the two options when you claim the first time and the other one would wait until you can pay for the second claim.  The less fair alternative to that is that the devs just decide for us which one will be 10 and which one will be 20.  No choice.)

Hmmm... Here's an alternative thought instead of my idea of paying small amounts on a case-by-case basis to turbocharge each separate level of each separate objective...  Suppose that there's a currency for that, some sort of "turbo ticket" or whatever they'd call it.  We could have the choice to buy those tickets individually or we could pay a bundle price to get several at the same time at a better rate than buying that many individually.  Maybe (thinking optimistically here) a small, medium, and large pack to have a variety of options (as opposed to only having the large pack which have so many tickets that it would effectively be nearly equivalent to the current event's single purchase for a second set of prizes).  And then those tickets could be applied to whereever you want to apply them.  Or if the choice to charge up any specific option on command is too complicated maybe they would just have each next level consume a ticket automatically until you run out of tickets.  Or something.

This is the first time this event is released and no one said that it will be like this forever, after testing, player feedback, etc. i hope so that maybe KK someday they will implemend it the same way the league system works (i mean that it will be an automatic weekly event) but it will probably reward you with past girls (just like the mythic pachinko does) instead of new girls.

Make it so you cannot unlock the legendary girl until you reach that level , I accidently spent 7200 kabons unlocking it and may never even reach that level , if you look at the purchase price (that isn't cheap ) what I am getting at is the path has to be done in order 1-10 make so ,you are not spending hard earned kabons until you reach that level and then you can make the choice .

35 minutes ago, scottm692008@yahoo.com said:

Make it so you cannot unlock the legendary girl until you reach that level , I accidently spent 7200 kabons unlocking it and may never even reach that level , if you look at the purchase price (that isn't cheap ) what I am getting at is the path has to be done in order 1-10 make so ,you are not spending hard earned kabons until you reach that level and then you can make the choice .

You aren't purchasing the girl. You're purchasing the second set of rewards. It is intentional that you can purchase it earlier, so you can use the doubled earlier rewards to help you progress towards the finish line faster.

23 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

You're purchasing the second set of rewards. It is intentional that you can purchase it earlier, so you can use the doubled earlier rewards to help you progress towards the finish line faster.

Yes, the 7200 kobans that many people say is "only for the second girl" in fact can help you to get the first girl too, because of the added combativity of the second set of rewards, reducing  the total time to finish the objectives.