New time changes break my schedule

headbanger1066

The new time changes mean I will not be able to complete the daily activities and so on. I used to do them while I got ready for work and got my day started. Now they won't reset until I am at work. I can't play at work, so kicking off longer activities while I am at work will no longer be an option.

This change is going to cause me to stop playing. Not in anger or anything, just because the game will no longer fit my schedule and I won't be able to play. Kinda sucks.

• Like 1

I don't really understand your problem here. Day suddenly became shorter for you? Instead of playing at the morning and finishing your dailies at the evening - all you have to do is exact opposite thing. Start your dailies at the evening and finish them at the morning. Just go to sleep later and wake up later if you need to.

As GeorgeMTO said, it sounds like you are quitting because you don't even want to try play the game 'different' way than u did.

Edited by Rysiek17

I don't have time to play consistently in the evenings, I have other things I do - time with my wife, home maintenance, dinner, etc. I'm not upending my entire life schedule for a game.

This isn't a problem I am asking for help solving. I already know the solution. The solution is to stop playing, reclaim the time, and do something else with it. I can play in the morning when I am the only one awake, and I have a lot of short tasks to do so I can check back often. I'm not getting up at 4am instead of 4:30am to play a game. My wife and I go to bed at the same time. I'm not changing an important part of my relationship with a real woman for some drawings of imaginary women.

This is just feedback (even in the feedback forum!) so the devs know how their change has impacted a player - and probably more than one.

Edited by headbanger1066
clarity
  • Like 1

Even if you have "other" things to do there is definitely time to just take ~15 seconds every now and then during the day to pull up ur phone, start the hentai heroes app, and start a new daily activity. If you have any long missions (during some events) then you can start it when you wake up and let it roll during work, or start it when you go to sleep.
This is exactly what I'm doing when I have things to do.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, headbanger1066 said:

I'm not upending my entire life schedule for a game.

You don't need to change that much. You always can play in the morning like you always do and then find during the day 15 second to start or complete one long mission.
But I respect your decision to put real life first, it's always good.

I understand your pain, I’ll keep playing but doubt I’ll ever win (or maybe even place in top 4) of a daily competition again. There’s no way I’m going to get up at 4 am to monitor the last hour. Change was probably made for the ease or cost saving of developers with no consideration of their customers. Disappointing. 

hace 7 horas, headbanger1066 dijo:

The new time changes mean I will not be able to complete the daily activities and so on. I used to do them while I got ready for work and got my day started. Now they won't reset until I am at work. I can't play at work, so kicking off longer activities while I am at work will no longer be an option.

This change is going to cause me to stop playing. Not in anger or anything, just because the game will no longer fit my schedule and I won't be able to play. Kinda sucks.

It is not the fault of the schedule .... Before you had an 8h mission at the event and today you have 4 missions of 2h (so it is not the fault of the schedule)

27 minutes ago, Demon444 said:

I understand your pain, I’ll keep playing but doubt I’ll ever win (or maybe even place in top 4) of a daily competition again. There’s no way I’m going to get up at 4 am to monitor the last hour. Change was probably made for the ease or cost saving of developers with no consideration of their customers. Disappointing. 

Are you aware that a large portion of their customers had been experiencing 4am, 5am and 6am contest finishes for over 3+ years? They live in this place known as "Europe", perhaps you've heard of it?

• Like 4

i blinked at the change, but...that just makes it so that...i only have to semi-worry about the long event ones..like the multiple 3+ hour ones that can come up (like the last event, there were very long ones at the end of it) just a slight inconvenience, but semi-easy to get around. for me...the 5am EST USA Time will be...odd to deal with, but...it is what it is.

A shame this change made it difficult for you to play as before, however, it impacting some peoples schedule negatively is to be expected - but you also have to consider this may likewise affect some peoples schedule positively and open the game up to someone else who have a tight schedule. Changes like this is always a "you lose some, you gain some", so I think the devs have to go with what schedule is most convenient to them.

Edited by Tanoshii

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2020 at 6:22 PM, GeorgeMTO said:

Are you aware that a large portion of their customers had been experiencing 4am, 5am and 6am contest finishes for over 3+ years? They live in this place known as "Europe", perhaps you've heard of it?

I live in this place known as Europe and the old timings were fine.

Just now, DaveSmeg said:

I live in this place known as Europe and the old timings were fine.

I live in the same place here and they weren't, in my case :D 

I think it's fair to assume both sides have people who would prefer one hour and people who would prefer the other.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2020 at 1:22 PM, GeorgeMTO said:

Yeah, I feel their pain, now.  Being in a certain area that is not exactly sparsely populated -- perhaps you've got passing familiarity with the East Coast of North America?  We have a few reasonably big cities here -- my reset time is now 7:00 a.m., where it used to be 11:00 p.m.  I used to be able to knock out the short missions either at night, right after reset, or in the morning, and let the long event mission run overnight.  Now the long mission has to run during waking hours, since if I let it run overnight, I'm not up before 7:00 to collect on it.  So in answer to another poster's question, yes, it's as though the day did suddenly become shorter for me.

Fortunately, the proper fixes for this are both common and easily implemented.  They could allow players to set their own reset times for daily activities.  Or, as is common in most games, reset times for activities could be based on when they are started, so you have 24 hours from when you start your first mission of a day to complete all of the other missions for that day.

Or -- and this is my best suggestion, and in fact, basically the way it works in Hentai Clicker -- don't base rewards on the collecting on missions, but rather on making sure those missions are started on time.  That is to say, as long as the timer on a player's last mission of the day runs out within the specified time, the daily reward is still awarded whether the player clicks to claim the reward on that particular mission or not.  For example, today's missions include a seven hour long event mission.  As long as I start that mission before midnight, it wouldn't matter if I'm up by 7:00 a.m. to collect on it; it would still be done before the reset time, and I'd still get both the reward for that mission and today's 150 kobans when I do collect on it tomorrow.  That way, we all have the full 24 hours of the day to complete all of the missions, taking sleep time out of the equation completely, rather than the way it has been all along, in which some players in some parts of the world can include sleep time in the equation, and some can't.  The way I see it, all the OP on this thread is asking is for the game to work the same way for all players, so saying that it didn't work well for some players in the past, so it's only fair that it doesn't work well for other players now, that solves nothing.

BTW, thinking of players as "customers," as you put it, the new reset time threatens to alienate two full continents worth of potential customers, with reset times in North and South America now being in the wee hours of the morning.  So wouldn't it make more sense to find a way not to alienate any customers, rather than trying to pick and choose which continent's worth of customers to lose?

• Like 1