Suggestions to improve contest notifications

BBQ69

Suggestions to improve contest notifications  

43 members have voted

1. 1. How can they be improved?

• Add them to the Win/Loss screen with the same banner so there is 0 additional pause
    • Minimize the pause when they appear and keep format the same
    • Create a pop-up that adds onto the current system of Win/Loss (This can fade out, be swiped away, etc.)
    • Keep them as they are and add an option to turn them on/off
    • Add the points contest points as an additional reward (Examples: +244 exp, +60 contest points or 34.7k ymen, +40 contest points)
    • Keep them *only* for new players under a certain level
    • Have them appear on home screen after a period of time (Example: Every 6 hours "You've earned 69 contest points")
    • Replace the devs (jk we love you sometimes)
    • Other; please specify

I'd rather remove them altogether, but if we have to have them I'd prefer them as a smaller toast notification, eg a non-blocking alert overlay that either fades after X seconds or requires you to click X to kill it.  Then they won't interfere with page load times.

• Like 1

I voted option 1 and the last: Other, namely:

Build a time machine, go back in time, make the person who came up with this say the alphabet backwards until (s)he realizes it's a bad idea, then spend the time working on this on something useful/helpful instead.

Failing that though (I hear time machines are a pain), the simplest fix is probably: have a click *anywhere on the screen* instantly run out the delay and unfreeze the page. Do *not* require it to be a click on that new banner!

On 6/3/2020 at 4:07 PM, Ben9 said:

or requires you to click X to kill it.  Then they won't interfere with page load times.

Seriously, if they make it so I have to move the mouse somewhere specific and then click close, EVERY TIME I BATTLE A VILLAIN I'm gonna quit.

I'm not even considering what I'll do if they leave it as is, as that is unimaginable.

I selected "other"
I'd much rather the notification be static across all pages or be toggled off completely.
By static across all pages, I mean as part of the header bar with the most important information.

Otherwise, I'd rather have a toggle to completely remove the option.

I am of the opinion that if the notifications do not give me any information that is worthwhile to either save me time or show meaningful progress, it's not worth being notified for.
In the particular case of the contests, right now simply stating how many points you've earned shows you nothing important such as:
1) Current Standing
2) How many points you may need to surpass the person in front of you

Since it doesn't provide either of those things, it requires me to go to the contest page anyway, therefore not only delaying the game, but actually wasting my time since I have to go the page that's always existed.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Benefuci said:

Seriously, if they make it so I have to move the mouse somewhere specific and then click close, EVERY TIME I BATTLE A VILLAIN I'm gonna quit.

I'm not even considering what I'll do if they leave it as is, as that is unimaginable.

Yea thats true.  I meant it more like you can instant close it or if you don't bother it fades away after time.  Tbh I ctrl+r or hit the home button after most actions anyway as its so much quicker than clicking through all the screens.  The only thing I don't do that with is league battles as the result screen is the quickest way to keep track of the points you won.

The current implementation feels very bad for f2p players, since the notifications seem to be a none issue if you use the "x10 battle", instead of the normal single battle.

Most people wanna get the battles over with quickly and then return 8-10hours later when the energy is refilled, this notification makes it so in the case of highlevel players have to wait, twice as long per single battle as before the notification was implemented, making it very frustration to battle 20 times in a row after this notifaction implementation. So devs please make it so we can turn it off, or add it to the victory recap... please.

• 2 weeks later...