[ 25-Jun-20 ] Legendary Contests - Discussion

FinderKeeper

hace 7 horas, Zteev dijo:

Some of us can sleep thorough any alarm that can be set, I'm sure. I can sleep though a truck hitting the building I am sleeping in, and the fire alarm going off right outside my room, with people trying to wake me up to evacuate.

If there's a fire where I live while I'm asleep, I'm a dead man.

I hear you. When I was a teen, I slept through a spontaneous full night party in the first night of a summer camp. Some people even used their flashlights directly into my face. I didn't understand anything when the supervisors were angry the following day 😅.

18 hours ago, LanceHardwood said:

A lot of people hadn't even figured out that legendary contests end 30 minutes earlier than regular ones.

My experience most likely confirms that.  On day one I took a chance and ran up my points to 72,000.  Because I knew I would not be up at the crack of dawn to defend my position. I wanted whoever was thinking of sniping, that they would have to spend a TON on kobans.  I think THE only reason I acquired Filya by remaining in first place in my bracket is that the players below the top 4 spots were planing on sniping but forgot the contest ended 30 minutes earlier then usual.

22 hours ago, LanceHardwood said:

My point was completely the opposite. A few people who had an easy time due to luck can't be taken as representative of the whole experience. Yes, some f2p players can do well, but it is by no means true for all. Not to mention the other logistical issues like reset times, unclaimed rewards affecting bracket distribution and so on.
I was lucky enough to be able to get the girl on day 1 as a free player, but by no means do I consider that everyone had the same opportunity. In fact, I specifically spent a little kobans on 1 reset to ensure the outcome, since I anticipated I wouldn't be as lucky on subsequent days. A lot of people hadn't even figured out that legendary contests end 30 minutes earlier than regular ones.

I wouldn't say it was completely the opposite. I agree that some people who had an easy time cannot be taken as representative of the whole experience, but neither can people who have a hard time, either. The key is not taking a sample of bad results and saying "this is impossible". If you want say it's hard to be successful as a free player, or that it's good to be lucky, well those are true.

Also, some that have a hard time don't have it due to luck, they have it due to poor play.

Edited by Zteev
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, pulli23 said:

Well then you're just not  good at these contests. Just like I won't win the olympics - not everyone can be good at everything and it's perfectly acceptable to sometimes not win?

Actually I'm doing fine at these contests, but yes, it's perfectly fine not to win.

On 24.06.2020 at 17:12, Čamuga said:

Я забираю все плохое, что я когда-либо говорил о КК. Персонаж 11/10, хорошее искусство,  очаровательная пятизвездочная  девушка, крошечные тигрицы и рыжая девушка с веснушками = я получу девушку несмотря ни на что
У вас есть моя вечная поддержка KK, и я пойду куплю 1 миллиард кобанов прямо сейчас!

Шутки в сторону, хотя я люблю девушку, просто смотря на первую позу, вся концепция все еще отстой, и я надеюсь, что вы не будете настаивать на подобных событиях в будущем.

Hi! How much would you rate the event girl?

1 hour ago, DeniskaSosiska said:

Hi! How much would you rate the event girl?

Art wise or taste wise? The post you've quoted was a bit jokey, but art is really top tier. I have a thing for gingers, and she's also curvy in all the right places, so she's definitely great and up to my taste! 
I'd dare say 10/10 on objective art and my own personal taste, so I do definitely say that she's my new favourite.

On 7/1/2020 at 1:14 AM, LuxFF said:

So, how did everyone fare? Congrats to all who got Filya.

I managed to obatin Filya on the 3rd day, without spending any Kobans! (And I'm F2P I might add).

On the 1st day I got a bit  lucky and finished 10th (barely) without any refills, so I got 50 shards. With refills I might have been able to crack the top 4, but what's the rush?

The 2nd day was rather hard for me, after spendig 30 Epic orbs, I wasn't even in the top 25 and wouldn't have earned any shards. So I invested 30M Ymen and got another 25 shards. And that was actually the only time, I had to invest any ressources and even the orbs I don't consider "extra" investment in that sense, since I also got 2 Epic Pachinko girls (Atila & Vivia) out of them. So for me, only the Ymens were real cost for this event!

On the 3rd day I also managed to finish in the top 25 without any refills and so gained the last 25 shards needed.

So in my opinion this was a rather inexpensive way to obtain a Legendary 5-star girl, especially compared to the classic Legendary Days, where you need thousands of Kobans to get the girl. I think if you have a little bit of patience and manage your ressources well it should not be that hard to succeed in the Legenday Contest.

What I think would maybe be a good idea is to combine the classic Legenday Days with the Legendary Contest! In the last Legendary Days there have always been 2 girls anyway, so why not make 1 available through a villain and 1 through the Contests?

Or maybe even the same girl both ways? So anyone can choose their preferred way of obtaining the shards ... those who don't want to spend loads of Kobans can go for the Contests and those who don't like to compete or don't do well in the Contest can instead concentrate on fighting the villain or at least compensate and get the missing shards from the villain ...

I was fortunate enough to get her day 1 by using a bunch of Kobans that I had saved and banked up over time. I don't usually spend that many on a regular basis, but I thought I would give it a shot and got lucky. The rest of the event I just kinda gave up on as there was really no point in trying to do any extra credit. However, I do agree that using contests to obtain a girl does not really seem like the fairest system for all/most players to have a semi-equal chance of obtaining a girl within the time frame of the event.

17 minutes ago, Sir Fuck-a-Lot said:

Or maybe even the same girl both ways? So anyone can choose their preferred way of obtaining the shards ... those who don't want to spend loads of Kobans can go for the Contests and those who don't like to compete or don't do well in the Contest can instead concentrate on fighting the villain or at least compensate and get the missing shards from the villain ...

This is definitely the best idea that I have seen suggested if the legendary contests are to become a more regular event. Obviously it would have to be balanced in a specific way to prevent players from having too easy of a time of obtaining a girl since the devs likely want us to spend at least some time trying to get the reward, but I think considering implementing this would help keep most of the player base fairly happy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had the luck to get her in 2 days, the first day I was in top 4 but in the last minute I was sniped and came in top 10, the second day I just tried to be top 10 bc everyone already spent kobans to get in the top 4, I finished 9th. The rest of the days it was just for fun to try to win some orbs. I got 2 times in the top 4. Overal it was a great event for me, happy I didn't have to spend kobans for the new girl and the orbs. I only spend 3m money and it was totally worth it. I get that it was difficult for other people above lv 300 but it was a great event for a low level like me.

Edited by jip