No Contests available again...

This horrid bug (I presume) has reared it's ugly head again, for me anyhow.

Anyone else?

For those who don't understand, I just get no contests to compete in.

This was happening to me and others for a few weeks before the August update.

Bit annoying as I do like the contests and the kobans!.

• Like 1

What exactly do you see when this happens? Just an empty space or does something else go wrong (like the site stalling or not loading at all)?

I ask because I've been experiencing a lot of server errors lately (503 stuff) and I can't help wonder if your problems aren't related to that.

1 hour ago, ZenMaster said:

What exactly do you see when this happens? Just an empty space or does something else go wrong (like the site stalling or not loading at all)?

I ask because I've been experiencing a lot of server errors lately (503 stuff) and I can't help wonder if your problems aren't related to that.

Two things

- at first there was just an empty tab with a "To Town" button

- now I get a countdown timer saying in another 2+ days I will have contests, plus the button.

However last time this happened, the counter just reset every 3 days, without new contests.

So like Sarkath said, unrelated to server/503 issues which I haven't had in ages. It might be a problem on your local server, assuming they have localised servers or something similar.

5 minutes ago, Sarkasth said:

i heavily doubt thats the problem here. the levels are not spread thin enough and this problem already existed when the cap was lv 40

I agree, and I think they are only somewhat level based, from memory. Can't check now, but I thought opponents didn;t have to be exact same level.

I was hoping the update fixed it, and I am assuming that it doesn't have anything to do with the new Halloween missions that appeared on the same day.

They shouldn't have to change code to add new missions to a lookup table, but maybe adding in those icons that were visible (briefly, to me anyhow) did.

I am well aware that correlation and causation are distinctly different!

Did everyone have those little icons on the new mission titles, and did they disappear for you too? 

And as I expected, yet another 3 day loop without contests. I HATE this bug!

On 9/22/2017 at 5:43 PM, Sarkasth said:

thats kinda another topic but no: not everyone had those icons. it was a bug and should already be fixed.

So... how did you know about it and know that it got fixed? Got an inside line, or do you read French!?

1 hour ago, Hotdog said:

Same here, found this morning the second "next in 2 day/20 hrs..." this week.
If it is indeed level depending, since the missions are good for 1 level a day i don't expect any contest anymore :(

Ugh, was that two in a row like me?

Welcome to the forums! Pity about the apparent reason for your arrival ¬¬

• Like 1

My guess: 1. The contests are lvl brackets based (for example: players from lvl 30 up to lvl 40 can be sitcked together in contests) AND 2. there is only 50 place in an individual contest (do not know this is only a max cap or must have been filled without any shortage too) AND 3. none of the other 49 players per the individual contest can be sitcked with you again in the other two ongoing contests AND 4. there are always 3 ongoing contests per players.

So my theory: the system couldnt fill all the 50 places in one of your contest (lack of players from your bracket) so didnt launched the contest for you (and for others). This doesnt explain why the heck you do not have at least 1 or 2 ongoing contests, but another guess: 1 contest error (what I just mentioned before) fucked your whole contest allocation system, and if couldn't launch one of your contest then it didn't launch the other two as well.. It also can influence your latter allocation in the future when the contests reset were done and that is why you are so unlucky..

Edited by piscesbdsm

It's indeed level based since the days my contests have started and ended have changed after leveling up but even before the level 400 update happened i did not get contests 7 days a week and i was sitting at certain levels just farming bosses back then winning contests since you did not get kobans for doing all the missions every day so i was getting kobans doing it.

• Like 1

Now the fourth cycle - though the timer resets to 2days waiting the last two times I believe.

Actually way more than 6-7 levels. My girls are now 18-22 levels below me.

I didn't need to upgrade them all to win the last contest, or maybe it was I was way outclassed and didn't try too hard.

IT'S BEEN SO LONG I cant remember!